Leadership at the 'Deid

Toro

The skycops always set up a little booth where the shoe clerks can come by and get their pictures taken wearing body armor and holding an M-16. The sad part is that you know those people show those pics to their family/friends and drone on about being in the shit.

Please tell me you're joking.

I think one of the biggest examples of NSPFness at the Deid is the dog and pony show the skycops host at the end of every AEF.

The skycops always set up a little booth where the shoe clerks can come by and get their pictures taken wearing body armor and holding an M-16. The sad part is that you know those people show those pics to their family/friends and drone on about being in the shit.

That my friends is the Deid defined.

HD

OH MY LORD. Make it all end, please?

I think one of the biggest examples of NSPFness at the Deid is the dog and pony show the skycops host at the end of every AEF.

That my friends is the Deid defined.

HD

All I can say is....:rainbow:

Just another reason to add to my list of why I will never volunteer to go back.

Edited by HerkFE

I think this needs to be inserted in Webster's as an additional definition for "pathetic".

I also think I'd be unable to resist the urge to laugh out loud at those assclowns. I can see doing that at an airshow, for young kids (which they love, BTW)... but for allegedly-professional military members.... pathetic doesn't even begin to describe it.

Who's worse though, the cops that put it on or the REMFs who actually participate? I'd say this is par for the cops, but for anyone who would actually do this (and you know HD is right that they're going home talking about being in the shit), they've got to be the biggest tool bags....ever.

Edited by brabus

Who's worse though, the cops that put it on or the REMFs who actually participate?

Yeah cause aircrew would never whore themselves or their toys out to people who want a picture with military gear. Have you ever been to an air show? Especially one overseas where aircrew are charging almost criminal fees for sq coins, T-shirts and other stuff?

People like to get pictures. If it keeps morale up, who gives a hoot?

Now, if they are them lying to people about the context of said picture, well that is different, but just to have a picture for a keepsake?...who cares?

And those pics are legit as far as the cops go, they are out there doing crazy stuff in the AOR...from the cheesy boring stuff like protecting you and your plane while you sleep to cool stuff like convoys and going after weapons caches and bad guys with some other govt agencies. Their buds are getting shot up just like any other ground unit. We just lost one from Nellis the other day.

Are they special? Nope. Are they doing a lot of good and don't need to hear sh!t from other people? Yep.

Edited by Boxhead

Guest Caddis
Yeah cause aircrew would never whore themselves or their toys out to people who want a picture with military gear. Have you ever been to an air show? Especially one overseas where aircrew are charging almost criminal fees for sq coins, T-shirts and other stuff?

Boxhead, please tell me you are not serious. There is zero comparison between going to an airshow and letting people take pictures of themselves with the airplane, pilots or crew or whatever and some remf putting on body armor and snapping a pic of themselves in the AOR so they can tell there buds how they fought the "war".

Guest Rainman A-10
lol, that attitude is why they smile as they place you prone on the tarmac.

But hey, it's all technique.

Ugh.

People like to get pictures. If it keeps morale up, who gives a hoot?

A: This isnt about security forces, its about the douches that put on BODY ARMOR in the DEID for a PICTURE.

I was just in Baghram and there is maybe a reason to carry body armor and a gun. In the Deid? No reason at all. If an REMF has a picture taken because they are at chow and are required to be armed, so be it. If they are in the Deid and have to get a gun as a prop, thats just gay, retarded, nerdy, faggy, lame, and stupid.

Guest tonestud
lol, that attitude is why they smile as they place you prone on the tarmac.

But hey, it's all technique.

you talk about how cops are getting into the shit but how happy they are to put aircrew (which have been the ones going into the shit since before the AF was born) on the tarmac. This is the AF. Aircrew are the tip of the spear. Everyone else supports them. Even PJ's and combat controllers. Our special forces (who would kick the living shit out of any SP) are to support AIRCREW. You also have SERE, which is considered a pretty tough career field, that exists only to support and train AIRCREW! From the way you talk you aren't aircrew and haven't even been through something like SERE.

When I was enlisted, I was MX and I fixed planes so the pilots could go fight. And I was proud to do so. I wanted to go fight so I became a pilot.

Cops guard stuff. When they do army stuff it's for the army. They are replaceable, too. That's why so many bases have civilian cops now. Just reality.

Edited by Globetrotter

Our special forces (who would kick the living shit out of any SP) are to support AIRCREW.

Actually, aircrew support special forces. Of course if you are flying overhead, eject, parachute into the hit, take out your M-9, cap a couple of haji's, capture the HVT, then maybe they would be supporting you.

At this point in the war, everyone in the USAF is there to support the army dudes on the ground (from the on call CAS A-10, to the C-130 LM, to guy in the gym who hands out the towels so that the A-10 dude can work out and then go kill haji's). It's the army / marine (and for that matter AF trans guy running convoy duty) on the ground that is the tip of the spear.

Fontus

Guest Globetrotter
Actually, aircrew support special forces. Of course if you are flying overhead, eject, parachute into the hit, take out your M-9, cap a couple of haji's, capture the HVT, then maybe they would be supporting you.

At this point in the war, everyone in the USAF is there to support the army dudes on the ground (from the on call CAS A-10, to the C-130 LM, to guy in the gym who hands out the towels so that the A-10 dude can work out and then go kill haji's). It's the army / marine (and for that matter AF trans guy running convoy duty) on the ground that is the tip of the spear.

Fontus

I meant AF special forces are for supporting aircrew. PJ's rescue em' and controllers get em where they are going. Wasn't talking about other services' SF.

My post was geared more toward AF tradition. I know that things are changing but people are forget that their Air Force job is to support aircrew. When they do convey shit they are loaned out to the army. When people forget that the Air Force is a separate service that sends their aircrew out to fight we might as well just go and forget about 1947 and go back to the Army that had a signal corps. This is what I am trying to get at. This ties into the REMFS that forget that they exist only to support aircrew, not make their lives miserable while they aren't flying.

I think you meant "Air corps"

Same thing. Different war. Army aviation started out in the Signal Corps and then evolved from there. In 1947 though, you are correct. Army Air Corps.

On August 1, 1907, an Aeronautical Division was established within the office of the Chief Signal Officer. In 1908, the Wright brothers made test flights of the Army's first airplane built to Signal Corps' specifications. Army aviation remained within the Signal Corps until 1918, when it became the Army Air Service.

you talk about how cops are getting into the shit but how happy they are to put aircrew

Cops guard stuff. When they do army stuff it's for the army. They are replaceable, too. That's why so many bases have civilian cops now. Just reality.

I was referring to the "attitude" that was shown in one post...not their SOP

The second part of that statement is like someone saying, "Hey you are a pilot, so you can go fly anything the AF has, right?" Both statements show a general lack of understanding of the thing they are talking about. That's s cool though, no one expects you to know everything.

I know that things are changing but people are forget that their Air Force job is to support aircrew.......This ties into the REMFS that forget that they exist only to support aircrew, not make their lives miserable while they aren't flying.

This is where we are going to have to agree to disagree. Now if you would have said "their Air Force job is to support the mission"....then I would totally agree. Aircrew's job is to support the mission, finance guy supports the mission, MX guy, WX guy, the cops, the....well the everybody has that same job. We all support the mission. We (aircrew) just get to be the last person to put it all together and apply that common mission focus into the effects that are desired by the commanders.

Now, when someone gets all high and mighty in their little fiefdom and makes people "miserable while they are not flying", that sucks and apparently they forgot their job....to support the mission. Remember, if a finance guy gives you bad attitude, they are most likely giving that same crappy attitude to everyone, not just aircrew. Asses are asses and they are asses to everyone. In general.

But to say they are here to support YOU? How is the weather up there on that huge horse you are perched on?

Edited by Boxhead

Guest Xtndr50boom
Same thing. Different war. Army aviation started out in the Signal Corps and then evolved from there. In 1947 though, you are correct. Army Air Corps.

I'm not arguing with you. His comment just didn't make sense to me, since "forgetting about 1947" would put us back in the AAC. Big shift in logic to "forgetting 1947.....oh, and the 30 years before that too" when we'd be back in the signal corps.

Like saying the navy would have to resort to using sails if they retired the nuke reactors instead of just going back to gas turbines, oil, coal, etc.

Guest Globetrotter

Posted by Boxhead: "We (aircrew) just get to be the last person to put it all together and apply that common mission focus into the effects that are desired by the commanders. "

Exactly, that's why everyone supports the aircrew. It's not a high horse, just how it is.

Well, I'm going to the deid for winter vacation so I'm sure I will have plenty to be pissed at. Things sure have changed from what everyone says on this subject. I was in Saudi during the Southern Watch days and it was nothing like what I am expecting for the deid.

Since everyone is directly supporting the mission now, hell, when are they going to start replacing static displays on base with giant statues of shoeboxes with a placard that states how AB Snuffy (the legend) won the GWOT singehandedly between the hours of 9-3 except for every tues and fri when he was closed for training? Discovery Channel will run Legends of Airpower specials about how OIF was won by crusty NCO's having directly accomplished the mission by ensuring the pilots' PTU's were in top condition. :notworthy: