How have you handled uniform Nazis?

Guest C-130

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just make sure you don't let the enlisted flyers give you too much crap for wearing a flight suit on casual. It was funny at first but the "you don't have wings and shouldn't wear a flight suit" argument got old. I was always too disinterested to look up the reg and decided that if they wanted to push the issue they could talk to my boss about it.

BTW, Whiting guys wear BDU's on casual.

As an enlisted guy who has seen Flyer's wear the flight suit for 2yrs at a place like Lajes (where they won't fly for at minimum 15months I think); go for it. That's a perk in my op to wear something comfortbale. You earned it. If I hear other enlisted guys bitching about that I just hope they shut up before they put us all back in blues unless your job gets you dirty or something similiar.

Anyone remember that in 03-04'ish when AMC went all blues??!!

As an enlisted guy who has seen Flyer's wear the flight suit for 2yrs at a place like Lajes (where they won't fly for at minimum 15months I think); go for it. That's a perk in my op to wear something comfortbale. You earned it. If I hear other enlisted guys bitching about that I just hope they shut up before they put us all back in blues unless your job gets you dirty or something similiar.

Anyone remember that in 03-04'ish when AMC went all blues??!!

Yeah and that AMC email that went out was misinterpreted. It was for people in AMC who were in staff type jobs wearing Blues to work the days they weren't flying. Not everyone.

Back on topic. Back in summer '05 at the Deid and I'll try to make a long story short. One of our pilots, a Major, walks by shoe clerk 1st Sgt standing smartly at parade rest outside the place where you get your beer.

1 sgt.: "Excuse me sir, where's your hat."

Maj: "It's in my chair right over there."

1sgt: "Well this is a hat area."

Maj: "I'm sorry I thought it was a 'No Hat' area"

Major proceeds to get his beer, Major finishes his beer, Major puts on his hat and proceeds to buy another beer. Major walks past shoe 1 sgt, Major buys beer, Major walks out and past shoe again. Major walks about ten feet past shoe and does a 180 and approaches shoe.

Major: "Excuse me shirt, you said this was a hat area?"

1 sgt: "Yes sir?"

Major: "Well the last time I checked, a 'Hat' area is also a 'Salute' area."

1 sgt: "Sir, you are absolutely right (as he comes to attention and renders his salute)"

:thumbsup:

Great story. Since this thread is about "handling uniform Nazis" and not a squabble between NAVs, FEs, EWOs, etc., it has been purged of that extraneous bitch-fest.

I am sure we could have tied it in somewhere. Maybe something like "Nav's uniforms always look like a$$" so I wanna stay a boom! Regardless, absolutely the wrong thread but a lot of good info lost forever....

Anyone ever left their cover/hat at the house but you were too late to turn around and get it but it was too early to head over to clothing sales since they usually don't open till 0900-1000? I was walking into the building one day after trying to find the closest parking spot as to not draw any attention to my bald head running into the squadron without a hat on, of course one never gets that lucky. Here is what happened:

MSgt: "What do you think the Wing CC would think if he saw you running into the building without a hat on"?

me: "Probably thinking 'Man..I hate it when I do that'"

MSgt: No response...it was priceless

MSgt: "What do you think the Wing CC would think if he saw you running into the building without a hat on"?

me: "Probably thinking 'Man..I hate it when I do that'"

MSgt: No response...it was priceless

:thumbsup::beer:

I did something similiar once here at the Puzzle Palace. I don't work in the building anymore but had to go there via the gi-normous South Parking lot (from the Pentagon City metro. Forgot my flight cap and since the journey over was all underground/under cover, I never needed it until I got outside. Too late to go back and make what I needed to attend.

It's lunchtime and I've gotta make this meeting; I passed hundreds of people streaming through the lot on the way to a feed trough somewhere and every single one of them had to point out the obvious, "Hey, you forgot your hat!"

Well thank you Col/Capt/MSgt Obvious! :salut:

When I see some other poor shmo like that I just grin at him/her and press..........they know, I know, why make an issue of it? There's more important stuff to worry about, like where will get more F-22s from?

And having to buy another damn blue taco............

1sgt: "Well this is a hat area."

Reminds me of the sign hanging up underneath the bra:

NO HAT/NO SALUTE AREA

------------------------------

HAT/SALUTE OPTIONAL

The essence of shoeclerkness.

HD

Edited by HerkDerka