Classic Thread - Pilot poser on Corvette Forum

Guest bunk22

Reading about this guy kind of reminds me of people on message boards that say they're something they're probably not to justify their argument. For example, anytime I see a post on some messageboard bashing Bush, the goober always starts off with, "I'm a Vietnam Vet" or "I'm a purple heart winner." It's like just because they stated this, now they're all-knowing and everything they say is factual.

Anyway, sorry about the hijack I'm just a little pissed right now about posers like this.

FWIW, I personally know a USAF JAG officer who went to SUPT and ended up flying a Viper, and is currently a Major. I was one class behind him at Columbus and flew AT-38s with him at Moody.

Of course, he's significantly older than 26!

It's obviously not the same guy, but just proof that such a career path is indeed possible.

This is the best thing that dude at the Corvette Forums has posted....this is a f*cking riot:

The F-16 Fighting Falcon was originally designed to be an Air Force only fighter. "Falcons" are the name of the Air Force Academy teams; Falcon AFB (now Schriever in COS) and other many other references to falcons in the AF--vs none in the Navy, made the name appropriate. The Navy started flying F-16s and promptly started calling them Vipers--cool name, but my dad and his generation never called F-4s Rattlers or some other name because the Navy had the Phantom first. They wanted to be different, I'm assuming, than the Air Force. There always has been and always will be a rivalry. Lots of guys like calling them Vipers; others like calling them Falcons (I leave off the fighting part, personally) which is what they are. There is a sign at Shaw that says "Home of the ___." And it ain't Viper.

EDIT: Sorry, I guess it DOES get more funny!

But I do not know any AFA graduate who flies 16s that calls it a Viper. At Shaw, it was maybe 40-60 Viper to Falcon. At Luke, 90-10 Falcon to Viper among the IPs particularly. In Iraq, at lot more called it Vipe, I will admit--and I did too...but that is a cooler name, like I said. However, it is an Air Force plane and Falcon is as Air Force as you can get. I'm sticking with it.

Will some actual Viper dude please shut this a$$-clown down?

FWIW, I've never heard the F-16 referenced as the "Falcon" or the "Fighting Falcon" unless they were making fun or trying to give an F-16 guy some shit. Otherwise, everyone (USAFA grads included) calls it the F-16 or the Viper.

Will some actual Viper dude please shut this a$$-clown down?

Viper experience is not a prerequisite to shut this dipfuck down.

Bunk22, quit posting about it and go tear this guy apart. Otherwise Toro will eventually do it for you.

HD

Guest Scribe
FWIW, I personally know a USAF JAG officer who went to SUPT and ended up flying a Viper, and is currently a Major. I was one class behind him at Columbus and flew AT-38s with him at Moody.

Of course, he's significantly older than 26!

It's obviously not the same guy, but just proof that such a career path is indeed possible.

Was he a JAG that decided to go pilot? This guy claims to have go almost immediately from JAG to pilot and back to JAG. USAF JAG website says nothing about doing both. Would make sense for a Flight Surgeon to fly and even be rated, but why a JAG. For better understanding of ROE? That seems a reach. To my pea brain, it seems improbable to do both because you marginalize both careers compared to your peers and how do you calculate payback for getting law school degree and wings? I think Bunk needs some support. I still can't figure out out a 26 year old guy (Major select or not) can pack 3 years of law school and first assignment as JAG before 2004 and then head to SUPT and get through RTU and complete an operational tour with 750 hours in less than 3 years.

Guest bunk22
Viper experience is not a prerequisite to shut this dip###### down.

Bunk22, quit posting about it and go tear this guy apart. Otherwise Toro will eventually do it for you.

HD

:salut: I'm working on it but very much so trying to make sure. If he were pretending to be a navy pilot, fighter type or not, it would be easier. I know where guys train, the pipelines, etc. I'm not so familiar with the AF way of things. It was easier with Faghatter on airwarriors, he came up with an F-15E ejections story.......gave a date and a story. No date matched an F-15E ejection. He then posted a self proclaimed pic of himself.........ended up being Viper pilots, not F-15E drivers. He made it easy. You guys should search him on airwarrios and see how he jumped right into conversations about military flying.

Guest bunk22
Like when Hoser (or was it Toro?) crossed the streams and put the smack down on the "RaptorKiller" on that other forum. Someone please find that link and post it!

Edit: found RaptorKiller at F-16.net, 2/3 way down the page. Get's owned by Toro on page 3.

That Raptorkiller, sounds almost exactly like Flathatter or as we refer to him, Faghatter. Seems to me like the same guy, same stupid type of stories.

Was he a JAG that decided to go pilot?

Yes, he was all ready a JAG officer who decided to go to SUPT.

The biggest thing to realize here is that JAG officers are not LINE officers -- they are an entirely different portion of the officer corps. So, this guy I knew had to petition to leave the JAG corps and become a line officer in order to go to pilot training. It's not a simple process, and not one that just happens overnight.

I doubt the story that the Vette Forum guy is peddling...but the people who think this type of career change is only in the mind of Harmon J Rabb are wrong -- I know a lawyer-turned-F-16 pilot.

Yes, he was all ready a JAG officer who decided to go to SUPT.

The biggest thing to realize here is that JAG officers are not LINE officers -- they are an entirely different portion of the officer corps. So, this guy I knew had to petition to leave the JAG corps and become a line officer in order to go to pilot training. It's not a simple process, and not one that just happens overnight.

I doubt the story that the Vette Forum guy is peddling...but the people who think this type of career change is only in the mind of Harmon J Rabb are wrong -- I know a lawyer-turned-F-16 pilot.

But I'm guessing he didn't do a tour in the Viper and go back to being a lawyer.

This is an easy one to figure out. The math works out perfect that we would have been in the 77th fighter squadron at the same time, I was there from Jan 04 to Jan 07, and I am a Viper driver. PM me if you want some help, I'll give you my call sign and he comes up with my real name, easy. I hate fakes.

Or I used to be a Viper driver now doing my best not to be killed by 22 year old Lt's trying to land a T-38, alpha tours are wonderful!

And I do think this guy is full of shiza

Edited by matmacwc

Guest Scribe
This is an easy one to figure out. The math works out perfect that we would have been in the 77th fighter squadron at the same time, I was there from Jan 04 to Jan 07, and I am a Viper driver. PM me if you want some help, I'll give you my call sign and he comes up with my real name, easy. I hate fakes.

Or I used to be a Viper driver now doing my best not to be killed by 22 year old Lt's trying to land a T-38, alpha tours are wonderful!

And I do think this guy is full of shiza

Well, he says he was a lawyer who applied for flight training and left the 77th in Mar 07 (after deploying to Iraq) to go to NORTHCOM so you'd have to have been in the squadron at same time. Did you remember a new guy who was also a JAG?

Guest bunk22
Well, he says he was a lawyer who applied for flight training and left the 77th in Mar 07 (after deploying to Iraq) to go to NORTHCOM so you'd have to have been in the squadron at same time. Did you remember a new guy who was also a JAG?

I've called him out and here was his response via PM:

I was told by another party to check this out, and I see that you've started a thread concerning me. Up until this point, I've answered your questions in a friendly manner, and you still doubt my cred. That's fine. However, as you are involving an outside forum--military in nature, in your doubts about me, it's time to call you on it.

I don't care whether you believe me or not, but I work at NORTHCOM in a SAP/SAR billet. If you don't know what that is, I suggest you contact your JAG to find out about federal law concerning it. If you persist in publicizing me as a "poser", you will find out--through Navy channels, that you have stepped into something you will not like. My boss is a Navy Cmdr--O-6 select, who reports to the CC--check and see what service he's in. Frankly, I don't have to prove anything to you, and if you persist, be prepared for the consequences. Just on that one chance in a hundred--to your way of thinking, if I really am an attorney, I strongly suggest you back off. End of transmission, end of conversation.

Funny thing is, I never questioned him about being a lawyer or where he served, just about being an F-16 pilot. If you haven't done the time, risked it all, paid the price to go through it all, you don't deserve to pretend to be something you're not publicaly.

FWIW, I used to date an Army Jag that's a Major select. Even at 25, they were trying to get waivers or whatever they need to give her oak leaves. Special circumstances.

Boom; dude, you're not slamming Dutch Viper pilots are you? Those dudes seem pretty cool in the desert - they do the job as well as anyone else; from my experience anyway.

Bunk, do you guys not get hung up on being "aviators" vs. pilots? Has that little gayness gone extinct since 1986? Also, my cousin just started NROTC and would give anything to fly. I don't know all the differences in your path versus ours, so please post/ PM me with any tips or sites to visit to get him started on the right foot. Thanks.

Guess I'll be making a phone call to NORTHCOM tomorrow..............

Can somebody call the 77th?

Should not be too hard to narrow it down for either office - 26 yr old white male, O-4 select, JAG turned Viper, er, sorry, Falcon pilot, turned JAG.

If so, then good on him for being a superman.

If, as is much more likely, he's a poser, then so be it.

Edited by brickhistory

Guest bunk22
Bunk, do you guys not get hung up on being "aviators" vs. pilots? Has that little gayness gone extinct since 1986? Also, my cousin just started NROTC and would give anything to fly. I don't know all the differences in your path versus ours, so please post/ PM me with any tips or sites to visit to get him started on the right foot. Thanks.

I don't care one way or another, Naval aviator or pilot. I went through NROTC at UCLA back in 88-93 so not sure how much I can help. I'm getting up there if you know what I mean. Point him to www.airwarriors.com (a plug for the navy side) if he has questions about the Navy/Marine/CG side of the house. There are many current mids over there, even some Academy types.

Guest bunk22
THIS GUY IS A POSER. Hes threatening you with what? Hes gonna tell 'mom' if you dont stop calling him a poser? Give me a f*cking break! This dude is NO fighter pilot... sounds to me like a JAG who WISHES he was a fighter pilot. If you dont want to push his buttons, I sure will! It shouldnt be too hard to get a name for our hero here... I can always have his file pulled to get to the bottom of it. :)

Chuck

Guys it's coming to an end, I'm tired of the game as well. My reponse, he won't like. I think he's actually a teenager whose dad might be something in the military. I doubt he even has a Vette as well. That I could care less about. He just doesn't get to pretend to be an AF pilot without doing the time and sacrifice. He hasn't earned that right.

Guest Scribe
Guess I'll be making a phone call to NORTHCOM tomorrow..............

Can somebody call the 77th?

Should not be too hard to narrow it down for either office - 26 yr old white male, O-4 select, JAG turned Viper, er, sorry, Falcon pilot, turned JAG.

If so, then good on him for being a superman.

If, as is much more likely, he's a poser, then so be it.

Concur...matmacwc says he was in the 77th at same time Blackstar claims to be there so how could a boy wonder JAG not be known. I can give virtual life story of all my contemporaries from my first squadron.

If he is genuine, I don't get why he hasn't showed up and laid out his story just to put Bunk22 in his place. Playing Ostrich makes for more doubts and I just took a gander over on the Corvette Forum and he's been avoiding questions there and raising more doubts.

Putting together the piece parts, he seems he got to Laughlin in 2004 at age 23 which would make him a high school graduate at age what? 15? (assuming 4 years of college + 3 years of law school and a year on the job that he states he did = 8 years since high school ) So he'd have to be a boy wonder to get to flight training by age 23. And thereafter, he's been quite unusual getting through F-16 FTU and deploying by 2006 and already on his next assignment? Maybe if he is a Reservist or ANG type that is jumping on opportunity to serve can you explain this timeline and even then, it takes some leaps of faith to buy off on his age. I'll believe if he steps up to the plate, but seems like he's hiding his head and throwing veiled threats from behind the green door. Don't think Bunk22 is doubting his law background, only being able to squeeze in the F-16 and then being so awkward with terminology. That smacks of an outsider, not an insider.

While we're on the subject of suspected posers, I checked the Raptoreater posts and then checked on the guy Bunk22 is talking about. RE dates from 2005, but he uses same slightly awkward terminology as the guy Bunk22 is talking about and self references same locations and some of same story themes. Maybe Bunk22 should do some Mod to Mod discussions on IP addresses, etc. looks to me to be same MO and same character. Where do we get such posers?

Edited by Scribe

If you persist in publicizing me as a "poser", you will find out--through Navy channels, that you have stepped into something you will not like. My boss is a Navy Cmdr--O-6 select, who reports to the CC--check and see what service he's in. Frankly, I don't have to prove anything to you, and if you persist, be prepared for the consequences. Just on that one chance in a hundred--to your way of thinking, if I really am an attorney, I strongly suggest you back off. End of transmission, end of conversation.

FAKE!

Posers always use this same story to defend themselves. A few details may change but the meat of the story is always the same. Here's the standard profile:

1) I don't have to prove myself to you.

- Immediately after which the poser begins to "prove" himself to you.

- Expect him to post info about the unit or base he's at.

- He may post some callsigns at this point.

- This is the area where the poser will give you the most rope to hang him with.

2) Don't dig to deep, you'll get burned by the molten lava.

- The poser will warn you to not to mess with him.

- The poser will claim a high rank, a boss with a high rank, or some other untouchability.

3) If you mess with me, the authorities will get you.

- The poser will claim an ability to hurt you.

- He may claim he or his boss will talk to your boss.

- For some reason, posers think military officers have the right to sic the police on anyone who pisses them off. Along these lines, the poser may claim that if you mess with him, there will be a JAG/OSI/FBI/DEA/ATF/CIA/NSA shitstorm waiting on your doorstep when you get home. The poser may support this claim by telling you he works a highly classified job or has an above TS level clearance.

Action: Continue to tear apart as required. Maximize public humiliation to the best of your ability.

Also, since he's such a good attorney, you might want to ask him exactly what interent laws you are breaking by calling him a liar.

HD

Alright, I hope I have the last word on this poser becuase I left the 77th Fighter Squadron in Jan 07 and there were no freakin Lawyers (who call themselves Attorneys bye the way) in my squadron. It pisses me off that there are posers that want to say they were in my beloved squadron. It pisses me off that the internet allows posers to call themselves what they are not, and furthermore, makes the members of this or any forum question my, or anybodys, real profession or job. Any real Air Force Officer would NOT present their job title with their security clearance because now, you are a target. I believe this poser knows a little about ther Air Force, possibly enlisted, but not an Officer or a pilot. I am uploading a pic of me on the wing of a KC-135, a photo that you CANNOT find anywhere else, my wife toook it on a wife incetive ride watching us air-air refuel. Notice the red "Gambler" tail flash....and Beaver is right, we haven't been to Iraq since WW Gulf II. Shoot this guy down and send me his email address.

Didn't realize the photo would be reduced.

post-1722-1188175873_thumb.jpg

Edited by matmacwc

Guest bunk22

He's done guys, it's over. He won't come out to play anymore. I'm thinking he might be the guy from AW. He started posting on CF right around the time we outed him on AW. It bothers me too, a guy didn't pay the toll, make the sacrifice but gets to pretend he's been there done that. These guys, from a previous squadron I served with, sacrificed it all last week. This jerk off didn't get the chance to pretend over there.

http://content.hamptonroads.com/story.cfm?...40&ran=2932

I appreciate the info and help. I'll out any military poser anytime.