Issued Glocks?

Guest Johann

Guest Johann

Does anyone have first-hand knowledge of any Aircrew people being issued Glock 19's?

I have a buddy (retired Sec. Forces CATM) that heard that aircrew people were being issued Glocks, instead of the usual POS M-9's.

Both of us thought that sounded strange (knowing how much drama is involved in getting people qualified normally, let alone on a whole new weapon), just wondering if anyone else had heard of such a thing.

:M16:

Edited by Johann

Not American aircrews, at least. Certain people (OSI) get Sigs. Special operators have all kinds of fun toys - probably Glocks if they want them. The M9 (Beretta 92) is actually a fine weapon and a favorite with lots of civilian shooters. Anything will be a POS after years of abuse by shooters that don't know a barrel from a bushing. We're due a new pistol, but it's not going to happen in my career, especially for AMC crews.

Hmm... H&K USP Compact .45... icon_drool.gif

usp45compact.jpg

Edited by nunya

Since when is the M9 a POS? Only thing it has against it is the caliber. Otherwise a nice and stable pistol.

Guest Safe&Clear

My dad gave me a Glock .40 cal as a college graduation gift and I still can't hit the broad-side of a barn with it. But yet I always qualify "expert" with the Beretta. Caliber difference probably has something to do with it, but the 92 ain't really too bad a weapon.

My dad gave me a Glock .40 cal as a college graduation gift and I still can't hit the broad-side of a barn with it.

Either you really suck, are shooting terrible ammunition, or something is wrong w/ the weapon...but the last one is very unlikely compared to the first two. Every Glock I've shot shoots as straight as a laser. The only better I've personally shot was a USP and a Sig...but the difference was not worth the price of the USP, and I liked the Glock better for carry over the Sig. But seriously, give it a good cleaning and buy some decent ammo...and you're probably jerking all over the place when you pull the trigger, naturally trying to "compensate" for the larger kick. It's a VERY common mistake in new shooters. Try getting some dummy rounds (blast caps) and have a friend load a magazine w/ real ammo and a dummy round somewhere randomly in there (you should not watch him do this...it's gotta be a surprise). Then start shooting, one shot at a time, a few sec in b/w each shot. When you get to the dummy round, you'll probably be surprised at how much you naturally jerk the gun around when trigger squeeze comes. Doing the blast cap thing fixed my problem of doing that back in the day.

Guest momann

Don't like pistols, but give me a riffle and I can shoot bulls eye at 400 yards. Last year, I went antelope hunting and clock one at 458 yards trotting away with a quartering shot to the lungs.

EDIT: Best shoot every made. I bet there are better one out there.

Edited by momann