Favorite Beer

Beaver

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man I love Hazed and Infused...too bad that's just another great beer on a list of thousands NOT sold in Oklahoma. The Mormons might as well take over this state.

That's why Oklahoma isn't OK.

Anyone know how far Shiner Bock is sold outside of TX? I love it, and while I enjoy German Beer even more, there's something to be said for a good beer brewed in America.

Speaking of Shiner and dumb sh!t in Oklahoma:

I went to the Cattlemen's Steak House in OKC.

Waitress: "What can I get you to drink?"

Me: "I'll take a Shiner."

Waitress(in a slightly shi++y tone of voice): "The only imports we have are Brand A and Brand B." (I think it was Corona and Heiny or something like that)

Me (with a "YGBSM' look on my face): "Okay, how 'bout a Michelob Ultra?"

Waitress (now in a VERY shi++y tone of voice): "I SAID the only IMPORTS we have are BRAND A and BRAND B." :bash:

Me: I'll just take a Bud Lite.

Back to the original intend of the thread: Shiner and Yuengling :rock:

Edited by HerkFE

Being a broke frat guy, I usually like what ever is in the keg. Why my stipend comes around I tend to buy Blue Moon, Guinness, Widmer Hefeweisen, and Henry's Private Reserve by the case. I am going to have to try a lot of what is on this list though. I don't know how I will get through FT, first thing I do upon my return is head back up to school and hit the bars.

They have Shiner pretty much everywhere, including here in CA.

Ahh k. I haven't been able to find it, really, east of the Mississippi River. Back when I worked in the real world and had to travel alot up and down the east coast, I could never find it.

It was sad, really. But, maybe I'll have better luck closer to the MS River.

Anyone know if it's available in GA by chance? Or even at Columbus?

Favorite all time - just about any Hefeweizen. Shiner's Hef, Widmer, Pyramid - all great. Though I will never admit to anyone here ever that I am guilty of fruiting that particular beer on a regular basis. What, so I like a little piece of orange in my hefe. Screw you all. I not only uphold, but enforce 99.69% of all Man Laws, and have practically authored a number of them. Zero is a number. But the important thing is, I will continue to break 0.31% of the Man Laws. Also, Bass and Becks Octoberfest are very good. Killians is a decent cheap beer (so is Lowenbrau) and is what I keep on tap at work. I can't think of any Anheuser Busch products that I would actually buy for myself - except maybe Ziegenbock, which is not much more than a marketing ploy against Shiner.

In my refrigerator now: Bass (stock beer in my household), Widmer, and a bunch of home brew that my boss gave me. And also a tiny selection of American light beers, so those with a taste for cold monkey urine don't feel left out when they come over.

SPiF,

I see it at the Class Six at Maxwell as well as all of the larger grocery stores around central AL. I can't speak for Columbus or GA but it is here in AL.

Guest AlphaSigOU

Bitburger Premium Pils... Bitte ein Bit! (Drink enough of 'em and you'll be familiar with the Bitburger squirts! Abends bit, morgens shit!)

Don't drink the green-bottle Heiney... it's the export version that's already skunkified by the time you get it. Domestic (read: European) Heiney is in brown bottles and tastes a LOT better. Only beer that comes close in taste is Amstel Light ('cause it's made by Heineken).

On no account will a true beer connoisseur ever drink 'Budmilloors'... and not without good reason! :nob:

Stupid alcohol laws is what put the word '######ing' between Okla and homa. :flipoff: 3.2 pisswater and warm strong beer? ######it! I'm headin' to Texas.

Guest AKROTC

1.) AK AMBER!

2.) Pyramid IPA

3.) POLYGAMY PORTER (If you ever get tired of one, there's always another one waiting!)

Ahh k. I haven't been able to find it, really, east of the Mississippi River. Back when I worked in the real world and had to travel alot up and down the east coast, I could never find it.

It's been in most, if not all Class VI's I've ever frequented. Many of those East of the MS.

Guest jdizzle

Amen on the Yuengling. Now if I just didn't have to drive across the border from Mississippi into Alabama to get it...

Slightly off topic, but have seen a common thread in the replies - 3.2 problems. First some background - I'm from Minnesota - a 3.2 state and a wise old beer-only joint barkeep once told me that the big breweries did not brew 3.2 beer per se, just paid a fine to the state and labeled their brew 3.2. He asked me whether I thought a major international brewery such as Heineken, or a large domestic such as G. Heileman actually changed their brewing recipe for the relatively small market share of the 3.2 states. When he put it that way I had to agree. Bottom line - 3.2, are you sure it's the really that weak?

In the fridge tonight-

Point Bock

Smithwicks

Victoria Bitter

Schell's Maibock

Guest soonerwings

It's available in the local liquor stores here in Warner Robins. If good old "war town" has it then I'm sure just about everywhere else should too.

1.) AK AMBER!

2.) Pyramid IPA

3.) POLYGAMY PORTER (If you ever get tired of one, there's always another one waiting!)

Polygamy Porter! Man I'm happy to see that on the list. I was pleasantly surprised with the beer selection in SLC the last time I was out there. "Provo Girl" was decent from what I remember. Redrock Microbrewery downtown also had some great beer...

That said, nothing beats a Shiner Bock. The Shiner Dunkelweizen and Hefeweizen are good too, but I'm not crazy about Blonde or Kolsch. I tried a Sam Adams Black Lager last night that was great. I buy Sam Adams Boston Lager when it's on sale.

I've been blessed with some time to season my beer taste and I figure now that I'm applying for Guard/Reserve jobs my interviewers might read this so an update is in order. New Favorites:

1) Avery Majaraja IPA

2) Dogfish Head 90 min IPA

3) St Arnolds Alyssa Cask-Conditioned IPA (noticing a trend?)

4) Avery's new Imperial Octoberfest (can't remember what they call it)

5) Belhaven

6) Gotta wash it all down with a Guinness, Murphy's, or Young's Double Chocolate at the end of the night. :beer:

Edited by mhc257

Guest KCIP2010

I didn't see it on the list but I'm surprised that the Guard tanker guys forgot about Erdinger Hefe and Dunkel. I wish that I had a dime for every one of those that I drank in the club at Geilinkirchen. It is just perfect.

Also,

Alaskan Amber

Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA

Kona Brewing's Firerock IPA

Erie Brewing's Presque Isle Pilsner

Pretty much anything from Leinenkugel's

JJ

Edited by KCIP2010

Guest KCIP2010
Boulevard Wheat! Nectar of the GODS!!! You can only get it in the Midwest though...

Good Call! I had forgotten about that one. I remember that stuff from days as -9 driver at TWA when we overnighted in every little outpost in middle America.

JJ

Best beer I had in Germany was Augustiner in Munich. The Augustiner beer garden there is outstanding where it's nice and fresh. It's tough to find here in the states but pick up a 6pack if you see it.

The shameful thing is the ongoing trademark dispute between Anheuser Busch and the originators of the Czech brew. Too bad A-B has so much muscle, because the Czech brew is far superior to anything A-B will ever produce.

Damnit I hate hearing people say stuff like that. Why am I not allowed to like the taste Budweiser? F**k you - the're my tastebuds! I know what I like! Granted, Bud isn't as good as Yeungling or Shiner, but I think it tastes a hell of a lot better than Budvar for crying out loud.

• 10 months later...

Can't let this thread die...

Harpoon IPA

PBR

Rogue Dead Guy

Yuengling Black & Tan

Longhammer IPA

Good times... :beer: