Bring Back:

B52gator

Guest flyingspeedbrake

I would like to see people in the military who worry more about getting the mission done than hunting down people who aren't wearing their PT gear properly or not wear a reflective belt. Especially in the Desert.

Guest PilotKD

How about going to finance and getting your TDY per diem/pay up front in cash again, rather than paying for it yourself and then having to deal with them f$cking up your voucher when you come back, finally getting the money 2-3 weeks after you return. Wasn't around when they used to do this, but I heard it was "better" this way.

How about going to finance and getting your TDY per diem/pay up front in cash again, rather than paying for it yourself and then having to deal with them f$cking up your voucher when you come back, finally getting the money 2-3 weeks after you return. Wasn't around when they used to do this, but I heard it was "better" this way.

I do remember this and it was alot better having cash in hand and not having to worry about whether or not you could use your GTC someplace. Of course there is a down side to this, as I found out on my first TDY to Vegas. We drove there from Mt. Home and some of the guys lost all their per diem at the first town we hit in Nevada.

...I'd like to see them bring back smoking/dipping in the office, and Chief's that bring a keg to work on a Friday night for the troops.

..I'd like to see them bring back smoking/dipping in the office, and Chief's that bring a keg to work on a Friday night for the troops.

Glad I don't work in your office!

HD

Half my office dips....mostly O's!

I’d like to bring back a bit of the good old days….you know, when the British still held Hong Kong and the USAF still held Frankfurt. Ahhh….Frankfurt….good times! You could walk into ops and get a cold beer for a $1.

:beer:

Half my office dips....mostly O's!

You missed my point.

You said you wish dipping in the office was back. That implies that you aren't allowed to dip in your office. I was saying that sucks. Not that regs ever stopped me from dipping wherever I wanted to anyway.

HD

You missed my point.

You said you wish dipping in the office was back. That implies that you aren't allowed to dip in your office. I was saying that sucks. Not that regs ever stopped me from dipping wherever I wanted to anyway.

HD

Yup, point missed. Sorry bout that.

I wouldn't say that it isn't allowed, just that I don't want the hassle from some of the senior NCO's about dipping in the office.

Back when I was a cop, I had a guy who liked to dip in the patrol car...I asked him not to becasue I thought it was gross...but he just kept doing it....so I had to think about it in the most immature way I could.

I found some dog crap, took a stick and mixed it into his little styrofoam spit cup, so it was dip and shit...I have to say it was one of the funniest things ever to watch as it took about 15 minutes to realize what happened to him.

Guest Rainman A-10
I found some dog crap, took a stick and mixed it into his little styrofoam spit cup, so it was dip and shit...I have to say it was one of the funniest things ever to watch as it took about 15 minutes to realize what happened to him.

WTFO?

Back when I was a cop, I had a guy who liked to dip in the patrol car...I asked him not to becasue I thought it was gross...but he just kept doing it....so I had to think about it in the most immature way I could.

Isn't that asking for an ass-kicking?

Yeah - the Air Force has those

Those too. Even armed non-pilots (gasp!)

Of course the Air Force has Navigators, but they're being squeezed out, and fast.

Armed on overseas/ combat sorties? Great. Good for you. I'm not, along with many other airframes. Even if you check out a weapon - doesn't mean you can carry it.

Edited by Fozzy Bear

I second that!

Cops (at least back a few years ago) were known for their particulary harsh tricks and practical jokes played on each other. I talk to my old buddies and apparently even they (new cops) are getting girly now and people get all upset when they end up naked in a Montana field, covered in fire truck foam, crying because they thought they were contaminated with hazerdous waste.

A little dog crap mixed into your nasty ass spit cup that you did not notice until you were holding it up against your lips for about 15 minutes...shit man, I still laugh when I think about that. As do everyone else who was there..even the poor dipper after he cooled off and had a few beers.

Anyway, in the spirit of the thread, bring back practical jokes that can make people cry...and the constant fear you may be next. And no real fear of someone crying about it and trying to get people in trouble. Pretty much, the good old days in about a hundred different ways.

So you can't carry a weapon on combat sorties? That's effing retarded. What other airframes fly unarmed?

I still don't understand Fozzy's statement there. I have never flown a combat sortie unarmed.

HD

Edited by HerkDerka