Bring Back:

B52gator

Simple post guys and dolls. I am a guy big on heritage, history, and old-school Air Force shenanigans. Reply with what you think/wish should be brought back to the AF. I'll get it started.

Bring Back: Naked girl nose-art on bombers

Party Suits

Bomb-Nav Comp

"Real" O-Clubs...complete w/strippers, "dead-bug", and full contact crud

Robin Olds-Chief of Staff 4 Life

Edited by b52gator

T-37/38 ACE

12 second MITO

Being able to say f_ck

A keg in the squadron...in plain sight.

A focus on the mission...even by the shoe clerks

Common sense

Friday night drink specials at the O'Club

T-37/38 ACE

12 second MITO

Being able to say f_ck

A keg in the squadron...in plain sight.

A focus on the mission...even by the shoe clerks

Common sense

Friday night drink specials at the O'Club

Bergman, you need to get to Yokota...the new bar (see other thread for 36th all call) is going to be done soon, kegs, wet bar, the freakin works...right in the sq building...I am kinda sad I will miss it.

I was singin Karoke in the O Club one night, and right in the middle of Kid Rock's "Cocky", a few O-6s and E-9s rolled in in Mess Dress from the event in the adjecent ball room...just in time to hear me dropping the f-bomb about 6 times and talking about "slapping my gardeners and fvcking my maids"....I saw a few surprised faces, but no grief was given. My rendition of Chef's "Chocolate Salty Balls" did not cause too much of a stir either!

Plus, free food and drink specials every Friday night!

Lots of folks hated the club at Yokota, but when we actually got a few folks in there, it was fun...otherwise, pretty damn dead and boring.

Back to the thread: What do I want to bring back? Hmmmmm....

1) Wall-to-wall counseling

2) MEO's lack of existence

3) Leadership that does not need to tow the party line to get promoted

4) Cops that are there to keep you OUT of trouble...not get the paperwork started

5) An overall attitude of work hard party hard...but don't be dumb and if you are, just that one guy gets hammered

6) Khaki uniforms w/ shorts :)

7) Col Vance Zider and Col Steve Parker...two guys that should have run the USAF...best CC's ever

8) The C130/H3 production line

9) A healthy respect for the Chain of Command and rank structure in general

10) Warrent officers and enlisted navigators

Edited by Boxhead

Back to the thread: What do I want to bring back? Hmmmmm....

8) The C130/H3 production line

There's a great idea. Along the same lines- Maybe we should bring back word processors or better yet- typewritters and carbon paper- now that would be great.

I just don't understand why someone wouldn't want a better airplane and would purposely choose an outdated airplane. Unless I was a Nav or Eng.

I'd bring back- nose art, strippers in O'clubs, smoking in O'clubs, cops that would give you a ride and not a DUI, promotions based on merit and not PME/OPR crap,

I'd get rid of contractors, reflective belts, gay PT uniforms, SNAPS, useless training (violence awareness-I'm in the frickin' military- we're here to project violence, SARC, EO2000, Records management, SATE and whatever the next shoeclerk dreams up tomorrow to make me suffer thru.)

Guest MelloSteg
Simple post guys and dolls. I am a guy big on heritage, history, and old-school Air Force shenanigans. Reply with what you think/wish should be brought back to the AF. I'll get it started.

Bring Back: Naked girl nose-art on bombers

Party Suits

Bomb-Nav Comp

"Real" O-Clubs...complete w/strippers, "dead-bug", and full contact crud

Robin Olds-Chief of Staff 4 Life

What goes TDY, stays TDY. Too often TDY actions are known at home station within hours. Makes it hard to blow-off steam.

TAC!

Alot said by BoxHead and Slacker130....

Party suits and the crazy O' Clubs are still in Korea....the kegs are in every fighter squadron everywhere

#1) Shoe Clerks with no power

#2) Pilots with all the power

#3) No SATE/EOR/SABC/Human Traffic training on the computer

#4) NO cops hanging around the O' Club (state-side)

#5) Red Baron program

#6) MX and OPS together again....

#7) The predator does not exist

*8) A 20 year career ONLY flying

1. If there ever was a day before the following bullsh!t: IA training, self-aid buddy care, suicide prevention training, homo training, sexual harassment training, and all that other happy horsesh!t training.

2. "Fly fight and win" vice the current "supremecy in cyberspace and other gayness" slogan.

3. Titties at the club (maybe people would actually want to be members again).

4. MEO being non-existent.

5. The term "politically correct" being non-existent.

Don't think that it's just the AF that has succumbed to the reflecto-belt queerness. I have to do a 12 mile road march tomorrow in full combat gear, weapon, kevlar, body armor, the works. I get to top it off with not one, but two reflective belts to ensure that I can be seen from both directions. In the daytime.

What I'd like to see return to the Air Force: leaders with balls.

Guest Rainman A-10

Six A-10 Tactical Fighter Squadrons, two Tactical Fighter Wings based in England and all the Dets on the continent.

Six BDUs and 300 rounds every sortie.

Rain, are you talking bout bringing back England AFB, LA or having all tat in the country of england?

Either bring back the Khacki Uniform (just for kicks) or the Dark blue long sleeve shirt. And the commando style sweater over this gay cardigan shit they got now While Ill admit the commando sweater was never that great looking either...

1. Green fatigues...tuck or untucked and you could make short sleeves out of them.

2. The F-111

3. The COLD WAR!!

The way things are going with Russia, the Cold War may be back sooner than we think. If that happens even Bergman will want to come back to Offutt. I'm all for going back to the "old days" of being real recce!

:rock: ALL MALE FLIGHT CREWS :flag_waving:

WOW!

Cooter

The way things are going with Russia, the Cold War may be back sooner than we think. If that happens even Bergman will want to come back to Offutt. I'm all for going back to the "old days" of being real recce!

I'm just waiting for the AD to have a pilot shortage, offer to credit my ANG years as AD years, then come back to mother Offutt for 3-4 years to get my 20.

2ijkc4p.jpg

One of the best patches ever.

I'm just waiting for the AD to have a pilot shortage, offer to credit my ANG years as AD years, then come back to mother Offutt for 3-4 years to get my 20.

One of the best patches ever.

Definitely one of the best patches ever.... just picked one up from Tiger Patch.

Edited by abmwaldo

Guest Rainman A-10
Rain, are you talking bout bringing back England AFB, LA or having all tat in the country of england?

In England, not at England. I think bringing Alex back would be fine, too. Great airspace with the range right next door.

Bring Myrtle Beach back while your at it.

...and Alaskan Air Command.

He's talking about the 81st Tactical Fighter Wing at RAF Bentwaters/Woodbridge, which from 1979 to 1983 was the largest tactical fighter wing in the world, with six squadrons of Hawgs during most of that period. The 81 TFW also had four Forward Operation Locations in Germany (Sembach, Leipheim, Alhorn and Norvenich). This was USAFE at its finest. Unfortunately, those days are long gone, and the only two A-10s left in the UK are the static bird at RAF Alconbury (with the God-awful noseart) and the one that hangs at the US museum at Duxford.

The 510 TFS moved to Spangdahlem in 1993, and later became the 81st Fighter Squadron. The Panthers are the only contingent of A-10s left in USAFE...

Cheers! M2