Jump to content
Baseops Forums

Recommended Posts

On 10/4/2019 at 4:21 PM, Squawk7600 said:

I just received my acceptance letter and a phone call from the 183rd AS in Jackson, MS. Thanks for all of the advice divulged on this forum. Got a slot!


Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

Congrats man! Welcome to the squadron. 

Edited by GuardLife07
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/1/2019 at 8:28 AM, matmacwc said:

I’m in!  Can I start UPT around January?

Prof advance to '38s...  😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interviewed with the 185th ARW in Sioux City this weekend. Great unit, very welcoming! Fingers are crossed.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Slightly related question to this topic bros,

I am filling out a fillable PDF document for the IDANG app, and some of the answers can not fit in the blank provided, such as my full name, etc. I have been unable to reach the POC. 

Anyone know how to change the font? Or would writing in some of the answers be acceptable?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got my first meet and greet coming up since finishing up BMT and tech school. For all you former and current enlisted folks, would you suggest I wear my ABUs, or should I still stick with the usual business casual for meeting with the unit?

Edited by admdelta
Accidentally said BDUs lolz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Burger said:

Slightly related question to this topic bros,

I am filling out a fillable PDF document for the IDANG app, and some of the answers can not fit in the blank provided, such as my full name, etc. I have been unable to reach the POC. 

Anyone know how to change the font? Or would writing in some of the answers be acceptable?

Thanks

Try converting the pdf to a word doc, filling it all in and editing the format a bit, then convert back to pdf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, herkbum said:

Wear your uniform


Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

To a meet and greet? I'd say no uniform but it probably doesn't really matter. I've also never seen anyone wear their uniform to one of ours.

For the interview, I would wear your blues and look sharp.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ve never held formal meet and greets. Candidates always visited during a UTA weekend and if they were in the military, we expected them to wear uniforms. Bottom line for us-if you visited and were in the military, then wear your uniform.

And no doubt- correct blues for the interview. You will be judged and scrutinized.


Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ASE.K said:

137 Airlift Squadron, is hiring for C-17 UPT. I was picked up at the last board.; no PPL. Let me know if you have any questions, or if you plan on visiting. 

https://bogidope.com/job-posting/137th-airlift-squadron-4/

Congrats. Do you know when the actual interviews will be date wise? Is Newburgh area a good choice to live for an out of stater? Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the topic of rushing and what to wear if you’re already in the Air Force... For the bros on here that have already made it, is it appropriate to wear a flight suit or OCPs if you’re not winged yet but in the pipeline?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys. Just wanted to update that I got picked up from a guard unit recently. This was my third board and I am stoked for this journey. I HIGHLY recommend the consulting package from Bogidope. I really think they played the major factor in making my resume and cover letter stand out and preparing me for the interview. They really teach you how to tailor your strengths into killing the interview.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, tlaw99 said:

Hey guys. Just wanted to update that I got picked up from a guard unit recently. This was my third board and I am stoked for this journey. I HIGHLY recommend the consulting package from Bogidope. I really think they played the major factor in making my resume and cover letter stand out and preparing me for the interview. They really teach you how to tailor your strengths into killing the interview.

Congrats! What airframe?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/11/2019 at 5:20 PM, herkbum said:

We’ve never held formal meet and greets. Candidates always visited during a UTA weekend and if they were in the military, we expected them to wear uniforms. Bottom line for us-if you visited and were in the military, then wear your uniform.

And no doubt- correct blues for the interview. You will be judged and scrutinized.


Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

I visited them once before as a civilian and it's still basically a standard UTA weekend visit - just a bit more structured I guess? When I went before though everyone else was civilian so I didn't get an example to follow.

Other regular UTA weekends I've been to have always had people in uniform though, so I'm gonna go ahead and take your advice! Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a new hire visiting the squadron this drill weekend, any recommendations on what to bring as a token of gratitude?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, tlaw99 said:

As a new hire visiting the squadron this drill weekend, any recommendations on what to bring as a token of gratitude?

Booze! Can’t go wrong with booze. Be sure to put your name in. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, tlaw99 said:

As a new hire visiting the squadron this drill weekend, any recommendations on what to bring as a token of gratitude?

Strippers.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Kenny Powers said:

Strippers.

Going to have a hard time getting them on base :darkcloud:

Edited by Ligma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...