FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

I applyed for seperation in lieu of retention board i hope i hear something this week because per mypers all applications will be approved/disaproved mid may

I hope you're like 8 margaritas deep...

• Upvote 6

SQ/CC and WG/CC both approved. Like Bama, not sure if it went to the functional because it sat at the PC office (from what I could read) on CMS for only a day and the next thing I knew the AFPC lady was emailing me to correct a few things. Later that day I got the approval. I'm an 11M in RPAs, going to an RPA unit, which is why I think both commands approved. But, as I'm told, it's ultimately an AFPC call to let you go no matter what unit you want to go for. Total toss up.

Actually I think it goes to the SAF for approval, functional really has little day is what I gather. While they might have before, I have heard a lot of guys who got not recommend from cc and afpc and still were accepted from the SAF. Ultimately I think if there is a position available, you aren't critically manned and already have a hire letter you'll be good to go. At least that's what I am hoping as I submit mine this week (if the ISR ever gets back to me)

"You never have too much gas...unless you're on fire"

I applyed for seperation in lieu of retention board i hope i hear something this week because per mypers all applications will be approved/disaproved mid may

Dude, maybe you should stay.

Actually I think it goes to the SAF for approval, functional really has little day is what I gather. While they might have before, I have heard a lot of guys who got not recommend from cc and afpc and still were accepted from the SAF. Ultimately I think if there is a position available, you aren't critically manned and already have a hire letter you'll be good to go. At least that's what I am hoping as I submit mine this week (if the ISR ever gets back to me)

The FY PC apps don't leave AFPC, but the traditional PC apps still go to SAF.

Anyone called recently to check on the status of VSP apps? Still looking at est. Friday this week? I know it's somewhat of a fruitless call, but some customer service reps seem to know more than others (or at least pretend to know more).

Do you think the new FY15 numbers reflect projected VSP/TERA applications slated for approval? The have changed from the FY14 numbers they released.

Anyone called recently to check on the status of VSP apps? Still looking at est. Friday this week? I know it's somewhat of a fruitless call, but some customer service reps seem to know more than others (or at least pretend to know more).

Do you think the new FY15 numbers reflect projected VSP/TERA applications slated for approval? The have changed from the FY14 numbers they released.

I called yesterday and got the standard mid-May estimate, though she was careful to not promise anything. She appeared to just look at CMS and had no amplifying information.

The FY15 numbers, in my estimation, do NOT include approvals thus far. These numbers are annotated as of the end of March, and I think that several of those numbers will decrease once they figure in the April round of approvals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just called TFSC this morning and I also received the "mid-May" answer. She also said "we don't have a specific date" and I said, well wouldn't mid-May be 15 May and she said "eh". I almost laughed and cried at the same time.

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

Ya sorry bama, should have clarified and realized you guys were talking about the FM pgm PC as I have already moved on ('02 guy)

So time for thread split into fy 15 force mgmt?

But we're so close to 3000 posts in this forum....

Plus, the FY15 program is essentially the FY14 RIF that never happened on time.

New pulse: http://www.af.mil/News/ArticleDisplay/tabid/223/Article/484584/may-5-pulse-on-af-force-management.aspx

Still no change in officer VSP approvals since the 28 April "Pulse".

5 May - 380

28 April - 380

23 April - 340

14 April - 275

8 April - 167

3 April - 0 (Approvals started)

1,600 total officer applications, and 380 approved, ??? disapproved. At this rate, will we know in 10 days (or mid-month)? Will we find out prior to the 22 May FY15 VSP window opening? And will you be able to apply in FY15 VSP if you haven't been approved/disapproved before it opens?

I feel like I'm watching a train wreck in slow motion....

They are technically different programs all together, covered by different PSDMs...so you should absolutely be able to apply for both. Plus the HASC has given their support for the level of active duty force cuts (16,700) and are including the dollars to pay for all the various separation programs. The fy14 budget didn't have funds associated with this level of force reduction. So theoretically it might make better sense to separate people in fy15 vs fy14 as far as the budget goes....I'm probably trying to find logic where there is none though

2006 11R in my squadron got a denial email this morning in his personal email. Told him to reapply in the next window May 22.

Kick that can!

I'm still referred to BPO. AFPC said today I was smoking crack and 7 may was never a date at which they would do anything. Awesome

kinda like how next week 'mid may' will be the same...

@tunes

What base? Any justification for the denial?

I'm a 2006 11R and the suspense is killing me.

Beale. 1 was told it was because he had the wrong IRR (edited to add: he was only told to update, not denied) ...the one I was talking about said he only got an email saying "denied, you are welcome to apply when the next window opens may 22"

Edited by tunes

Beale. Apparently 2 were denied yesterday, 1 was told it was because he had the wrong IRR...the one I was talking about said he only got an email saying "denied, you are welcome to apply when the next window opens may 22"

I could have sworn AFPC was letting people know if they needed a new IRR statement. I think someone on this forum posted that AFPC informed them that they needed to sign a new IRR. In any case, after all of the conflicting guidance so far, that's a horrible reason to deny someone. Seriously, there have been at least 4 different PSDMs and then one was rescinded right before the latest window opened. I have an email from AFPC telling me to use "old" guidance. You better believe I kept it. And clown show rolls on...

Beale. Apparently 2 were denied yesterday, 1 was told it was because he had the wrong IRR...the one I was talking about said he only got an email saying "denied, you are welcome to apply when the next window opens may 22"

On the newest VSP Q and A page, they say that approvals and disapprovals would go out at the same time. Oops...