Snackos! Want Free Books? Check Here

Steve Davies

We have a stash of books to 'gift' any Air Force squadrons that want to make a quick buck. Might help buy a few kegs of beer for the squadron bar.

Time is of essence. Have to shift the books before the second week of Feb.

Please see post 13 below for stock levels and post 15 below for instructions.

Only cost to you is shipping, which is approx. $1 per book. That can be paid in US $ to my business partner Col (ret) Doug "Disco" Dildy (ex-Eagle driver). Payment details will be sent once the books have arrived with you, so it's a no risk deal.

Thanks.

M2

We have about 100 copies in the UK that I'd like to give to the Bolars or Panthers at Lakenheath, and several hundred copies in the US that can be shipped to either DM or Hill.

So, hoping that the bros on both sides of the pond can help!

Cheers

Steve

Damn Steve,

Don't waste the book on those neanderthals. Most of them cannot read unless the book should be accompanied with a box of Crayolas.

Whatever you have left, send our way to Beale. We would love to have them.

• Upvote 1

Damn Steve,

Don't waste the book on those neanderthals. Most of them cannot read unless the book should be accompanied with a box of Crayolas.

Huggy

If you're serious, you can have the books for free. We would request that you pay shipping. If that sounds satisfactory, you can have them.

I wanted to give first dibs to the guys at Hill and DM because the book concerns those two wings (the book is Two Days of Rolling Thunder by Sam Deas), and I thought they would most appreciate the story telling of one of their forebears.

However, the most important thing is that they go to a good home and that I get rid of them sharpish.

So, if you want them, let me know.

Update:

Lakenheath: 100 copies on their way c/o 494FS Panthers

Beale: 50 copies on their way

Hill: 50 copies on their way to 4FS, 25 to 466FS

Cannon: Quantity TBC for SOF

Nellis: Quantity TBC

DM: Quantity TBC for 355FS

Columbus - 25 copies on their way + 41 copies for 41FTS

Tyndall - 20 copies on their way

AK - Quantity TBC

Dyess - 10 copies on their way

Remaining copies: approx 75

Just as an aside, the book Steve is giving away is an excellent read -- a first person account of flying a Thud mission in Vietnam.

True.

I asked Ed Rasimus to review it. To paraphrase, he said 'Fine. So long as you know that I'll probably end up saying that it's shit. Most of these books are'.

Here's what he actually wrote:

“When you’ve finished the book, your palms will be a bit sweaty and there might be a slight tremor of your fingers. You’ll be breathing a bit faster and maybe your stomach will be in a knot until you realize this was long ago and you weren’t really in danger today.

There have been many books on Rolling Thunder and many on the F-105 mission. I’ve written a couple that I thought were pretty good. Bob Deas has made me envious of what he’s done in Two Days of Rolling Thunder.

This one’s a winner.”

Edited by Steve Davies
  • Upvote 3

You have any available for Nellis?

Sure. How many do you want? PM me with

1) the quantity required

2) name of recipient

3) full address where courier can get a signature (US addresses only)

4) A telephone number for the recipient

Same applies for anyone else who is interested.

Please see post 13 above for stock levels.

Damn Steve,

I do not know where to begin, so I will not.

Possible to ship to the ROK?

Sadly not :( Address has to be US. We could ship to someone who can then forward them on to you...

Steve,

Any available for the bros up in Alaska at the 90th?

-Honcho

You bet!

Send me a PM with the details (as per post 15, above).

Cheers

Steve

Damn Steve,

Huggy tried reaching you via PM but apparently you're a popular character. Can you shoot me a PM with how to get my hands on a copy of these awesome sounding books at BAB?

Cheers !

• 2 weeks later...