Baseops Forums
Sign in to follow this  
discus

CSO drop nights

Nice. So, how does the new syllabus look in regards to drop night? Aren't some tracks shorter than others?

The legacy syllabus and the new syllabus are currently overlapping; I think the first class on the new syllabus drops in August. 

I'm honestly 100% about how drops and graduation will work with the new syllabus. EWOs track in the middle of T-6s, and the other three tracks split off before T-1s. However, each of the four tracks drop at about the same time, so I think drop nights will stay the same. Not sure about graduation, as WSOs have top off for a while after drop night, while Navs, SOs, and EWOs will all graduate shortly after. F-15Es have several more T-1 and T-6 flights after drop night, and Bone/Buff WSOs have a few more T-1 flights and some academics before graduation. My guess is they'll graduate the whole class at once, then have the WSOs top off with their wings already pinned on. 

3 hours ago, fect said:

The legacy syllabus and the new syllabus are currently overlapping; I think the first class on the new syllabus drops in August. 

I'm honestly 100% about how drops and graduation will work with the new syllabus. EWOs track in the middle of T-6s, and the other three tracks split off before T-1s. However, each of the four tracks drop at about the same time, so I think drop nights will stay the same. Not sure about graduation, as WSOs have top off for a while after drop night, while Navs, SOs, and EWOs will all graduate shortly after. F-15Es have several more T-1 and T-6 flights after drop night, and Bone/Buff WSOs have a few more T-1 flights and some academics before graduation. My guess is they'll graduate the whole class at once, then have the WSOs top off with their wings already pinned on. 

Interesting, well thanks for the info!

19-12

• 4 x F-15E
  • 4 x B-52 WSO
  • MC-130H EWO
  • 2 x AC-130W 
  • 4 x U-28
  • AC-130J WSO
  • HC-130J
  • C-130H WV ANG
  • EC-130H Nav
  • RC-135 EWO