Guest SuiSideburns

Guard/Reserve timeline to UPT

On 5/23/2018 at 5:44 PM, HoverHold said:

CAANG

Hired: Oct 2017

FC1: January 2018

Package to HQ: Feb 2018

Kicked back for missing initials and resubmit: Mar 2018

Kicked back again for one missing set of initials (interestingly enough, it was to acknowledge that I'm not a line officer. Not sure what that means.) - and resubmit - Mid May 2018

Approved and sent to NGB: End of May 2018

Pending OTS/Pipeline dates: 23 May 2018

Prior-Enlisted (4yrs), transfered to my unit 2 years ago. Hired from within. 

Update: TFOT dates recieved today (31 Jul) - TFOT 19-01: 12 Sep. - 9 Nov. 

Pending everything else. 

On ‎7‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 11:54 PM, MountainHerc said:

Yeah. Currently a nav. I heard through the rumor mill that NGB was getting a lot of flak from units who were waiting over a year with guys chambered to go but we’re waiting on waivers. 

What unit are you going to?  Have you heard anything about what waiver timelines actually are supposed to be now?

Edited by JustHangingOut

Current Timeline below.  Does anyone have any advice about how to get my transfer packet to move along faster at NGB?  It has been there since 06May18 now.

Interview: 02 Dec 2017

Hired: 03 Dec 2017

DD Form 368 signed by State J1 in April and submitted to NGB: 06 May 2018

Transfer Packet kicked back from NGB for wording and resubmitted: 24 July 2018

Flight Physical Completed 06-07 Aug 2018

3 hours ago, JustHangingOut said:

Current Timeline below.  Does anyone have any advice about how to get my transfer packet to move along faster at NGB? 

Unfortunately either your recruiter or OIC of hiring should have a contact at your state HQ that has a contact at NGB. The whole system is a bit y. They should be able to get a hold of someone who can check the status of your application. I heard through the grapevine (so take this with a grain of salt) that NGB has a 45 day policy with applications. Within 45 days (no idea if its calendar or working days) they are supposed to review/check/update/approve pending packets. But, bureaucracy being what it is, stuff happens, things take longer. 

I was past the "45 day window" by about 2 weeks until I heard that my appointment letter, TFOT, UPT dates had been sent out.

Best of luck!

17 minutes ago, HoverHold said:

Unfortunately either your recruiter or OIC of hiring should have a contact at your state HQ that has a contact at NGB. The whole system is a bit y. They should be able to get a hold of someone who can check the status of your application. I heard through the grapevine (so take this with a grain of salt) that NGB has a 45 day policy with applications. Within 45 days (no idea if its calendar or working days) they are supposed to review/check/update/approve pending packets. But, bureaucracy being what it is, stuff happens, things take longer. 

I was past the "45 day window" by about 2 weeks until I heard that my appointment letter, TFOT, UPT dates had been sent out.

Best of luck!

My recruiter is able to view the "progress" through some recruiter online portal they have.  I don't think I will be getting school dates as fast as you did because I'll need an age waiver and aeronautical review board before they can assign me school dates. Based on posts of other folk's timelines, I am anticipating that process taking another 6-9 months once I swear in. 

Edited by JustHangingOut

1 hour ago, JustHangingOut said:

My recruiter is able to view the "progress" through some recruiter online portal they have.  I don't think I will be getting school dates as fast as you did because I'll need an age waiver and aeronautical review board before they can assign me school dates. Based on posts of other folk's timelines, I am anticipating that process taking another 6-9 months once I swear in. 

The agewaiver gets processed AFTER you swear in?

3 minutes ago, Deuce362 said:

The agewaiver gets processed AFTER you swear in?

With Guard that is my understanding yes.

I've heard of reserve guys having it done before swearing in.  Not exactly sure why.  You would think the regs would outline that whole process.

9 minutes ago, Deuce362 said:

So would u just drill at the unit for a while before u go to upt?

yup, maybe take a job with them if I decide my civilian job sucks and they have temp tech money to spend

Backing up with @JustHangingOut said. My unit is currently working on my waiver and OTS packet, but I’m still wrapping up with the recruiter and haven’t sworn in yet. Hell, haven’t even heard it mentioned or gotten a timeframe. 

Someone else I spoke with that was hired ANG was still waiting on their packet at NGB (can’t remember if they needed a waiver or not), but they were definitely still in the process/without dates and sworn in/attending drill weekends. 

YMMV by the unit, but that’s the gist I’ve gotten. 

Actually, I’m curious if what would happen if something happened with the process and the waiver or packet was kicked back and UPT became off the table? 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FDNYOldGuy said:

Actually, I’m curious if what would happen if something happened with the process and the waiver or packet was kicked back and UPT became off the table? 

My wing recruiter said he works individuals into commissioned slots for any other open jobs  (Intel, MX, etc...); granted they were interested in taking one of these openings. 

First time poster but I've been lurking for a while.

Just got picked up by the 465th ARS "Okies" at Tinker as an off the street UPT hire. Here's my timeline thus far:

AFOQT/TBAS: January 2018

MEPS: March 2018

2nd time to MEPS: April 2018 (MEPS wanted me to come back because they said I needed a consultation, so I woke up early again, showed up, and they told me my consultation was cancelled and I needed a waiver for a surgery I had when I was 6 months old....)

Submitted Waiver: April 2018 (heard back in May 2018 that the SG wouldn't grant the waiver unless I completed my IFC1 at Wright-Patt)

Sent my stuff to Wright-Patt: May 2018

IFC1 scheduled: June 2018

IFC1/MFS: August 6-9 2018 (still waiting on final approval, but no one told me I had anything wrong and I only did each test once and passed each one, so I'm betting that I'm good to go. any words of assurance are appreciated haha...I know it's not official until it's official.)

Hired by the Okies: September 9, 2018

I'm hoping to make the November AFRC board then get OTS and UPT dates soon after that. It's been a long process but I'm pumped to get in the air!

Edited by TX dude

On 7/13/2018 at 11:54 PM, MountainHerc said:

Yeah. Currently a nav. I heard through the rumor mill that NGB was getting a lot of flak from units who were waiting over a year with guys chambered to go but we’re waiting on waivers. 

I guarantee they don’t care. NGB A1 and A3 wouldn’t know there was a shortage based on the speed the process paperwork. Some of these folks are very good at their jobs. Some are overworked and undermanned. But some don’t give a FU(K how long your age waiver takes. 

Edited by Minus5
  • Like 1

Update

Interview: 02 Dec 2017

Hired: 03 Dec 2017

DD Form 368 signed by State J1 in April and submitted to NGB: 06 May 2018

Transfer Packet kicked back from NGB for wording and resubmitted: 24 July 2018

Flight Physical Completed 06-07 Aug 2018

Flight Physical Results returned week of Sept 10-14

still waiting for NGB to process transfer at 135 days in process....now they changed their mind and want to ETP to process before letting me swear in

On 8/27/2018 at 1:04 PM, JustHangingOut said:

Can anyone provide some insight on this recruiter portal? My package was sent to HQ a month ago, and my recruiter seems unaware of any sort of tracking through HQ and NGB.

3 minutes ago, CubeWarrior said:

Can anyone provide some insight on this recruiter portal? My package was sent to HQ a month ago, and my recruiter seems unaware of any sort of tracking through HQ and NGB.

here is all i know.  My recruiter uploads documents through a "portal" that is specific to the recruiting office.  so the commander does not have visibility on this.  This is where he uploads documents and if the records are pulled they can show the status as being reviewed or something.  When they kicked mine back, they also left a note in the system for the reason so corrections could be made.  I'm sorry if this is vague.  I'll ask him what the system is next time i speak with him.

edit:  HQ is different because that is internal within their state.  Those documents are probably floating around different peoples email inboxes at state headquarters before they go up to NGB

Edited by JustHangingOut

has anyone else's hiring recruiter for the air guard told you that NGB changed up their process now?  They are processing age waivers before swearing in after i have been waiting for 133 days to swear in to begin my age waiver process.

I'm currently on active duty and am looking to apply to Guard/Reserve units. I would have to Palace Chase but I only have one year left on station, is a year enough time to go from submitting a package to getting selected and starting the Palace Chase process (which I hear is also a dragged out process)?