C-17 Globemaster vs C-130 Hercules

Guest getusome

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corpus is the shit and Navy flying is the way it should be, Fvcking Awesome!

Hey man, keep quiet. Corpus is the best kept secret in the Air Force. If Big Blue ever finds out what a good deal this is they'll have to find some way to gay it up.

Back to the subject: I did my casual with the 58th so I've seen, first hand, what the 17 can do, but, instead of waiting a couple of years as an Airland Copilot to do Airdrop, LL, assault, etc. I opted to go hercs and get to do all that from the get go. Not to mention, while my UPT brethren are sweating formal release, standup, EPQs, shotgun, checkflight, and reflective belts at Vance, I'm chillin' out with the Navy working less than I ever will again. Two points for the Herk.

...Not to mention, while my UPT brethren are sweating formal release, standup, EPQs, shotgun, checkflight, and reflective belts at Vance, I'm chillin' out with the Navy working less than I ever will again. Two points for the Herk.

Standby for the pain-train the Herk community will bring you. More tasks, less bodies in Herks. Slick Herks = always a crewdog. Keep that in mind when selecting your assignment.

Guest CAVEMAN
or how about the controller that cleared him to land?

hard to see a hole on NVGs flying into a blacked out runway...

wait a minute you 17 boys don't know anything about blacked out runways.....

it means 'no lights'

Where the rubber meets the road! :beer:

it means 'no lights'

Well, we do. (SOLL II, Charleston)

Make sure you know what you are talking about before you speak. You won’t sound so fucking stupid that way.

Guest CmbtWmbt
Well, we do. (SOLL II, Charleston)

Make sure you know what you are talking about before you speak. You won’t sound so ######ing stupid that way.

Okay SOLL II, good for you guys.

EVERY night landing we do is blacked out, AMP 4.

You should understand what you are talking about so you don't sound like a stupid C-17 toughguy.

Edited by CmbtWmbt

it means 'no lights'

At least herc guys put the gear down when landing in a hole.

Standby for the pain-train the Herk community will bring you. More tasks, less bodies in Herks. Slick Herks = always a crewdog. Keep that in mind when selecting your assignment.

No where in my post did I say Herk crewdogs work less. I said while at Corpus I am working less than I ever will again. Implying Corpus training is easier than anything I will ever do in the Herk.

awww...poor guy. you are just bitter. SKE/VIS/BALAD much? Have fun with that.

Nice threat maneuver.....

TD-Null, retard

I agree with you on everything except the picture...

I almost threw up when I read ske/vis/balad. Been there, done that glad to have come to the darkside.

DAMN IS IT :beer: :30 yet???

post-185-1235159641_thumb.jpg

Guys

What's the point of the flame war?

Sure the recent C-17 buffoonery is news-worthy - but if you want to trade jabs, I can pull up some human factors C-130 mishaps that resulted in much worse than a gear up mess.

I for one appreciate the tactical advantages of the C-130 -- just as I'm sure there are many experienced 130 drivers who can appreciate what the 17 can do.

Guest Hueypilot812
awww...poor guy. you are just bitter. SKE/VIS/BALAD much? Have fun with that.

Any reason why you chose to be a tool?

But for whoever the dude was that was asking C-130 vs C-17 there are many factors to consider, but at the end of the day there are alot of cool dudes in both airframes.

...and at least neither of the two are AWACS

(just kidding to all my Sentry friends...)

Guest Rusty Pipes

Location, location, location...

C-17's, worst case you end up in Dover or McGuire... but most of the folks who are there requested it (East coast, near NYC, Philly, DC, Boston, etc). Altus is always out there too, but I have yet to talk to someone in the C-17 who went to Altus as a PCS and didn't love it and the Altus non-vol isn't as prevelant as it once was... there are usually enough volunteers (not to say that it doesn't happen). The C-17 is an amazing jet to fly. If you want to do all Strat then go fly FRED, if you want more TAC go fly C-130's. If you want a little of both go fly C-17's.

Right now in the AOR the C-17 active duty guys are doing more air drop than the active C-130's (but that is just because of location). The C-130's are doing plenty of air drop right now, but unfortunately (for the AD guys) the active bubbas aren't doing as much as they'd like. I'm sure that will change as it always does... two years ago it was the complete opposite.

No matter what you fly, you'll have a blast... and you'll be on here saying what ever you fly rocks and everything else sucks!

Location, location, location...

C-17's, worst case you end up in Dover or McGuire... but most of the folks who are there requested it (East coast, near NYC, Philly, DC, Boston, etc).

I happen to know a lot of people who are going/went to Dover/McGuire. They are thrilled. No airdrop...true, but happy non the less

But for whoever the dude was that was asking C-130 vs C-17 there are many factors to consider, but at the end of the day there are alot of cool dudes in both airframes.

Finally some one with their head on straight