Birdstrike IFE

LJDRVR

http://www.ehowa.com/showmovie.shtm...=birdstrike.wmv

Interesting piece of HUD footage, looks like maybe a T-45 at CRP. IP does a great job of handling the IFE, remaining calm while the stud starts to stress, transfering control to unload the front seater so they can focus on a re-light, making a timely decision to unass the jet and even gets a call off to the tower first.

Bonus points for the use of "jeepers" as an expletive. Nice solid piece of aviating.

Hope those guys didn't get hurt.

[ 29. July 2005, 18:29: Message edited by: LJDRVR ]

Guest cb03t

What is the automated voice saying? I can't understand it. Dude, that video is the only one I have seen that has an ejection and ends with the plane actually crashing. Crazy.

Guest cb03t

The stud sounds like he was saying the same exact thing, T-6 N-L, when the automated voice starting saying that. Do you code a bird strike like that in other a/c? Or would you just say bird strike/engine failure? Sorry, dumb/curious cadet here!

I did some detective work/research. I noticed the smaller runway numbers and longer pitot tube, so I figured it was a Canadian Forces Class A. I "googled" some terms.

Turns out it was a RCAF Hawk at Moose Jaw during the spring of last year. Ate a seagull at 800' after a touch and go. The British student had minor cuts but was drinking in the mess that evening. The Canadian IP wasn't so lucky, broke his femur in two places and his pelvis. Several months in the hospital.

Too bad. he deserved to walk away from that one.

[ 29. July 2005, 23:13: Message edited by: LJDRVR ]

Guest KoolKat

Thanks fish, that worked...took me a good 8-10 seconds to figure out what the fux was going on with that site, but I got it!