Ali Al Salem info

Guest evil load

Zoomies, Toro shut the other thread down so that you would read these threads, not just post the same question.

Edited to add: WTF is with sending zoomies to deployed locations? If people there have enough time to babysit these kids then there are too many people there and they should start sending people home. I vote for the disco belt Nazis.

Edited by osulax05

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zoomies, Toro shut the other thread down so that you would read these threads, not just post the same question.

Edited to add: WTF is with sending zoomies to deployed locations? If people there have enough time to babysit these kids then there are too many people there and they should start sending people home. I vote for the disco belt Nazis.

The worst is when shitbag zoomies come home and tell everyone they "deployed". Owning a sweat stained reflective belt does not a seasoned warrior make. Since they can't go on combat sorties, what benefit do zoomies actually get in the AOR aside from shoeclerk indoctrination and a carrot to hold over the head of everyone else that they've been "in the shit"?

The worst is when shitbag zoomies come home and tell everyone they "deployed". Owning a sweat stained reflective belt does not a seasoned warrior make. Since they can't go on combat sorties, what benefit do zoomies actually get in the AOR aside from shoeclerk indoctrination and a carrot to hold over the head of everyone else that they've been "in the shit"?

We had the zoomie cadets this past summer at Salem, and eventually they were allowed to go on support sorties (Bahrain, Deid, Dhafra, etc). Anyway, I always made them do the dirty work and let my loads just stand back and supervise. I had no qualms with having those kids get sweaty & dirty. You get on my plane, and you're going to work.

what benefit do zoomies actually get in the AOR aside from shoeclerk indoctrination

Generally the ones that go are toolbags 96.9% of the way to shoeclerkdom anyway; they might as well finish at a prestigious graduate-level clerk training base like the Deid. Most people try getting vacation spots in Europe, Hawaii, Alaska or on one of the coasts of the lower 48.

• 3 years later...

All AF is in hard billets. Aircrew are generally 3 to a room because this place is overrun with ground pounders (perhaps 2/room if you're a J model or Barney guy). Rumor has it that the Marines & Army will find a new home in the coming months, which will open up a lot of space here.

No cadillacs, but depending on your dorm you may have your own bathroom, share it with one other room, or have a communal rapey-style bathroom. Wifi is good enough to stream Netflix and have a pretty clear conversation via FaceTime/Skype. I think every room has a mini fridge, and most have a TV. Sadly, the fashion network is no longer carried.

Chow improved dramatically over the last several years - still not great but it's on par with the rest of the AOR. I'm not even sure I brought a reflective belt on this deployment, but I know I've never had one on, and no one has ever said anything. Can't wear flip flops in the chow hall or tank tops anywhere outside - other than that dress code is the same as the Deid. Gym is still pretty nice. Haven't seen an official policy letter, but apparently Beats by Dre are mandatory.

Bring lots of aspirin. Somehow Mohaleb has gotten orders of magnitude less competent in the 10 years I've been coming here.