VSP W2

QueepFactory

Has anyone who took the 2nd round of VSP in 2014 heard about what needs to be done to receive a VSP W2?  Most of those in the 2nd offering received that pay in Jan 2015, therefore it was not reflected on our final Active Duty W2.  I still have a MyPay access password, but it does not list VSP W2's in the schedule.  

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2016 at 3:00 PM, guineapigfury said:

I'll have a look at the W2 schedule on myPay tommorrow and post an update.

I just looked and it seems like it will come out on 24 Jan 2016.  I would also suspect that a notification will be sent to a civilian email address (member provided previously) once the document is available.  I will post again on 25 Jan 2016 if I get mine.  I'm very curious how the taxes will work out as I was unemployed most of the year and moved to a new state during the third quarter. 

• 2 weeks later...
On January 14, 2016 at 11:27 AM, Fud said:

I just looked and it seems like it will come out on 24 Jan 2016.  I would also suspect that a notification will be sent to a civilian email address (member provided previously) once the document is available.  I will post again on 25 Jan 2016 if I get mine.  I'm very curious how the taxes will work out as I was unemployed most of the year and moved to a new state during the third quarter. 

I got my VSP W-2 on Friday and used turbo tax to e-file again this year.  I recently moved to a different state that has state income tax. Make sure that you file paperwork that shows you only lived in the state part of the year if you received your VSP payment in a state that does not have income tax.  Additionally, you do not have to show your 1095 in turbotax, but you need to keep the paperwork for your records to avoid penalties.  I ended up having three 1095s sent to me because I didn't have federal employee insurance until September of 2015.  I was going to use an H&R Block type of service, but found e-filing very intuitive.  

Were your 1095s all from DFAS?  I found a 1095-C and 1095-B on MyPay.  The -C looks to be my post VSP TAMP except it only shows me covered for 5 months (I thought it was 6).  The -B is the Tricare Reserve Select months I started post-TAMP.  My 1095s are still showing two months (June and July) uncovered which is odd because I was proactive in getting TRS started and August was the earliest they could get it to work in DEERS.

As ya'll start doing your taxes, keep in mind the penalties start at 3 months uncovered.  If you only have 1 two-month break, you'll be ok.  If it's more than that, you need to get that fixed so you don't get hit with the obamacare tax, er, shared responsibility payment.

44 minutes ago, nunya said:

As ya'll start doing your taxes, keep in mind the penalties start at 3 months uncovered.  If you only have 1 two-month break, you'll be ok.  If it's more than that, you need to get that fixed so you don't get hit with the obamacare tax, er, shared responsibility payment.

Good gouge, thanks!  I ran my situation through the H&R Block software and it took no penalty for the two month lack of coverage (even though I'm pretty sure I was good).

On January 23, 2016 at 0:52 PM, FUSEPLUG said:

Were your 1095s all from DFAS?  I found a 1095-C and 1095-B on MyPay.  The -C looks to be my post VSP TAMP except it only shows me covered for 5 months (I thought it was 6).  The -B is the Tricare Reserve Select months I started post-TAMP.  My 1095s are still showing two months (June and July) uncovered which is odd because I was proactive in getting TRS started and August was the earliest they could get it to work in DEERS.

I got two 1095s off of DFAS (Federal Employment and TAMP), and one physically mailed to my residence.  I paid for three months Humana in between there as well.  Wish I had done more research about the penalties as I would have only had two months without coverage.  

Edited by Fud