Best Officer position besides pilot

Guest AirTime

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShortThrow

is CRO the only special ops program? or what other ones are there? Can someone shed some light on that for me?

Originally posted by scoobs:

Special Forces.

The USAF doesn't have Special Forces...unless you mean 'SF' as in 'sky cops.' The USAF has Special Ops...the Army has real SF.

Cheers! M2

Guest Airtime
Originally posted by HeloDude:

OSI. You're a federal agent and you get to carry a gun with you wherever you go, even when you're not on duty.

I would agree here. Plus no one ever knows your rank.

Guest croftfam
Originally posted by HeloDude:

CRO's are not actually PJ's, nor do they possess all they training that PJ's have. I recently found out that they won't even go out on actual CSAR missions, they'll basically just run the show from the CP.

That's funny how I've deployed CRO's out of the back of my bird before then. Maybe they just didn't tell whoever it was that said they're not actually supposed to do anything operationally. I'm not saying that is a standard thing, but they do get to do their job every now and again.

They get almost all the training the PJ's get, and what's more they're the only dudes a PJ will listen to without harassing him. CRO is definitely the job I'd take were I not able to fly.

I'd be an ALO. Hike a few miles in the desert with the company of the ever friendly Special Forces, SEALs and Force Recon dudes, then call in some snake and nape. Hike back out. Full day of fun in the sun right there.

CRO go through the same school house that PJs do, training beyond that is unit specific. And in my experience, you're wrong in that CROs do everything PJs do. They do end up being the guy in charge on the ground vs. actually sticking people, but they're just as qualified as the PJs.

my order would be

CRO

CCT/STO

COMBAT WX/COMBAT COMM (tied)

MX

whatever

my first choices are all tip of the spear types, then you get into MX, which is probably the most leadership intensive careerfield out there.

[ 02. February 2006, 19:41: Message edited by: busdriver ]

Guest ShortThrow

Wow that pj cro stuff looks super intense. I'm not sure if I could physically be able to perform those tasks, even if I trained for ever. 1500 meter swim in 30 minutes? WTF???

Guest waxgoblin

you can use fins.

and does anybody know how hard it is to get CRO out of rotc?

[ 03. February 2006, 16:58: Message edited by: waxgoblin ]