FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

I got the "hey we need your info because you are up for the RIF" email right before my checkride. That was exciting. What I don't get is the # of 2008 11Ms that need to go didn't seem to change from FY14 to FY15. Either nobody applied for VSP or they denied everybody because of their ADSCs. Can't wait to see how this plays out in October.

Those numbers are pre-VSP numbers. Nobody with a remaining ADSC has been selected for VSP aside from a couple rare cases. Expect those numbers to change if and when they ever make their final decisions on those of us that put in for the VSP.

Top tier work at afpc, huh chizz? Btw, I'm sure everyone has read the SECAFs email? "Make every dollar count: all in, all the time." Huh?? What a propoganda campaign. When is she going to realize how much money has been wasted for this entire Force Management debacle? On the bright side, only 28 days until the World Cup!!

She's a politician. Just like the rest of our "senior leaders".

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if all pilot year groups close out prior to the 2015 RIF. The pilots that are worried about the RIF are nuts because there are plenty of guys that are willing to get out voluntarily. In my opinion no pilot needs to be worried about being forced out if you actually want to still be apart of this sorry excuse for an organization.

I just got off the phone with the TFSC and was told the VSP folks have gone home for the day and she re-stated that Mid-May doesn't mean 15 May and that the Squadron Commanders who heard otherwise are full of a shit. What a joke. Can't say I really expected anything else from them.

Haha, no, but it sure as heck looks like 10 days (business days even) after the window closed! Why, for the love of per diem, can we not get any accountability for this disaster? Get on with it already, so we can figure out how the next several months of our lives will pan out!

Posted from the NEW Baseops.net App!

Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if all pilot year groups close out prior to the 2015 RIF. The pilots that are worried about the RIF are nuts because there are plenty of guys that are willing to get out voluntarily. In my opinion no pilot needs to be worried about being forced out if you actually want to still be apart of this sorry excuse for an organization.

Isn't that what we said in 2010?

Haha, no, but it sure as heck looks like 10 days (business days even) after the window closed! Why, for the love of per diem, can we not get any accountability for this disaster? Get on with it already, so we can figure out how the next several months of our lives will pan out!

Accountability? Is that a thing in the Air Force these days? Interesting...

Well so much for today....

Our commander has said he doesn't know what to tell us anymore since afpc says one thing to them and then does another...all he said now is that they can't hold out forever

I got an email from finance saying I’m eligible for the 2015 RIF and to get my records in order. So much for not being eligible for involuntary boards if you apply for a voluntary one. This process is downright criminal.

2 issues:

1. since its the FY15 RIF its technically a separate program and a different FY FM program

2. Our commander asked AFPC and they said if any vsp requires any sort of adsc waiver that part is invalid and you are eligible for an involuntary program.

The best deal would be to get denied for the VSP and then RIF'd anyways because you would still get the same 1.25 VSP payment, but you would also get transition benefits like 6 months of Tricare, base priviledges for 2 years, and a few more months on AD to save money and log hours.

That’s a load of crap and defies the intent stated by the CSAF. How does it make sense to have someone meet a RIF board that was denied VSP? Didn’t Welsh say this is the exact situation he wanted to prevent? Also, how does an ADSC wavier play a factor into this? Does this mean my application for VSP is invalid because I needed a wavier even though wavier authority was approved (yet not used as of present). AFPC is using semantics to go around what has been clearly stated by Welsh.

Disclaimer: My anger is not directed at you, AFPC is the intended target.

trust me, i'm in the same boat as you...just repeating what i was told when my cc posed the question....

2 issues:

1. since its the FY15 RIF its technically a separate program and a different FY FM program

2. Our commander asked AFPC and they said if any vsp requires any sort of adsc waiver that part is invalid and you are eligible for an involuntary program.

AFPC is wrong again. They needed authority to waive certain ADSCs for FY14 Force Management Programs. Remember PDSM 13-65 which outlined all FY14 FM programs and said that certain commitments weren't waiverable, namely UPT. They used 13-65 as an excuse to kick back some VSP apps saying they didn't have waiver authority. Well, they received authority to waive a sh!tton of ADSCs. AFPC needs to stop FVCKING around, read their god damn PSDMs, and then here's the kicker....DO THEIR JOB. If I can sort through all of these PSDMs since December and comprehend what they're saying and do my real job, they can do theirs (which is actually to read the PDSMs and implement them).

If this shit keeps up, we're going to need force management resiliency training! :bash:

Edited by Lumbergh
  • Upvote 1

Just found out that I'm RIF eligible as well. This ought to be fun when they disapprove VSP for a bunch of us and then turn around and RIF us...

To be honest I would be thrilled to be RIF eligible, because if AFPC doesn't learn from it's 2011 mistake (and it's seriously looking that way) then you can send in a letter and get your 1.00 pay and get out of this effing clown show. While the rest of us are just pleading and begging our PC paperwork goes through. I know plenty of buddies who got RIF'd in 2011 and have big smiles on their faces!

To be honest I would be thrilled to be RIF eligible, because if AFPC doesn't learn from it's 2011 mistake (and it's seriously looking that way) then you can send in a letter and get your 1.00 pay and get out of this effing clown show. While the rest of us are just pleading and begging our PC paperwork goes through. I know plenty of buddies who got RIF'd in 2011 and have big smiles on their faces!

Haha, yeah some people I work with were pissed when they found out, but I'm actually pretty excited. I now have 3 chances to escape and definitely plan on going the "Do Not Retain Me" letter route with the RIF board. If I somehow f*ck this up, I have much bigger problems!

Maybe he's surrounded by yes-men? Or worse... maybe he has been told, but just doesn't care?

Considering he had to find out about the buffoonery that was going on at the time from someone at an all call at Altus, I'm going to guess it is the first. Or worse yet, he knows and has been told to shut up and color by the powers that be in which case its not going to be good.

Edited by Fuzz

Pretty sure it's 1.0 for the RIF. Am I unaware of some contingency where you get paid more if you're VSP-disapproved?

I read the newest PSDM to say that if you're RIFed you get 1.00. Haven't seen anything to suggest that you get 1.25 if you're RIFed.

I read the newest PSDM to say that if you're RIFed you get 1.00. Haven't seen anything to suggest that you get 1.25 if you're RIFed.

I think people are referencing the CSAF's comments that anyone denied VSP and subsequently RIFd should receive the 1.25. However, I'm not sure AFPC listens to the Chief of Staff... or logic.