FY 14 Force Management Program (RIF, VSP, TERA)

AOF_ATC

I called AFPC today and heard a completely different story, but you make a compelling argument, so I resubmitted my application.

What did you hear?

I want to resubmit mine as well, but I am afraid to do that if they are going to re-activate my previous application that had a time stamp of 0006CST on 6 Feb. I know it's not first come first serve, but I wan't every chance I can get.

What did you hear?

I want to resubmit mine as well, but I am afraid to do that if they are going to re-activate my previous application that had a time stamp of 0006CST on 6 Feb. I know it's not first come first serve, but I wan't every chance I can get.

The woman I talked to didn't seem to know anything. She wasn't aware of any impending ADSC waiver authority being granted and she said there was no way to do anything with an application after it was denied, so I would need to reapply. For what its worth, my old application with the earlier time stamp is still listed under previous applications.

What did you hear?

The woman I talked to didn't seem to know anything. She wasn't aware of any impending ADSC waiver authority being granted and she said there was no way to do anything with an application after it was denied, so I would need to reapply. For what its worth, my old application with the earlier time stamp is still listed under previous applications.

mine is also listed under previous applications but it also doesnt give me an option to edit it and resubmit....

mine is also listed under previous applications but it also doesnt give me an option to edit it and resubmit....

I just created a new application. I don't know if that was the right decision, but I couldn't take the waiting.

Whenever you reapply, you should use the new statement of understanding from 14-08.

So in the last 30 minutes (I took a break from hitting "refresh" to get lunch), a 1405 date has appeared in my CDB on vMPF. Not yet time for completely-naked-dancing-in-the-squadron celebration yet, but certainly any one of those seems appropriate.

• Upvote 1

So in the last 30 minutes (I took a break from hitting "refresh" to get lunch), a 1405 date has appeared in my CDB on vMPF. Not yet time for completely-naked-dancing-in-the-squadron celebration yet, but certainly any one of those seems appropriate.

Nude dancing in the bar may encourage them to show you the door, at this point I'd do anything short of beastialitiy to get my ticket out.

In all seriousness did you get a coresponding update in mypers? I'm still at FM-Valiation Complete as of 12 March

Edited by Catbox

For all TERA folks: one of our CC's briefed this week that one of their members unexpectedly showed up on a loss roster so the squadron went and asked him what was going on. He had no idea so he called the total force support center and was told that he had been approved for TERA. I know you all will be shocked to learn that he never received any notification from AFPC that he had been approved; so make sure that you're checking on your application weekly with the TFSC.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

For all TERA folks: one of our CC's briefed this week that one of their members unexpectedly showed up on a loss roster so the squadron went and asked him what was going on. He had no idea so he called the total force support center and was told that he had been approved for TERA. I know you all will be shocked to learn that he never received any notification from AFPC that he had been approved; so make sure that you're checking on your application weekly with the TFSC.

Why give this a downvote (unless it was Butters)? Seems like SA-building comm.

Since vsp has been delayed my tertiary plan to get out moved forward. Win a billion dollars from Warren buffet and establish a conflict of interest. Unfortunately I underestimated Dayton's skills and was out after the first game. It's up to you now AFPC. Though I think my odds were better to win the billion.

As long as you weren't gambling on AF computers, with your AF coworkers.

Gentlemen,

Wanted to say thank you for all the info regarding the Force Shaping programs; learned more from this thread than AFPC/MyPers combined.

It is Mountain; but then again, I haven't been able to get a straight/valid answer in over 19 years so why start now?

So it's 1610 at AFPC, I suppose it's safe to assume we are going into another weekend without a shred of real information about what's going on. I suppose rumor and innuendo will have to sustain us through the next 60 hours.

Edit: really don't want to be court martialed for a dumb message board post

Edited by Catbox
  • Upvote 1

This "strategic pause" is beginning to create a "strategic clusterfcuk" for a few folks' post AF employment plans...

This "strategic pause" is beginning to create a "strategic clusterfcuk" for a few folks' post AF employment plans...

Add units who don't know if they are keeping/losing bodies, TMO, FSS, Tap facilitators, families and schools. Oh and a few divorce lawyers salivating at the spouses who have been told "no doubt we'll have a answer this week."