Rated vs. Non-rated officer (Benefits of rating and pros and cons)

AFEAGLE09

You're referring to Dynamic Aviation. One of our recently gray beards got a gig flying for them. Aside from the fact that they are civilians there is no difference in what they do vs other ISR assets.

Dynamic, Avenge, L3, and another one that flies O-2s. I'm not exactly sure what one he worked for, but I know he was paid very well for his services. But I do not agree that there is no difference between them and all our ISR assets.

Wanna bet? Another bad assumption.

Show me where American companies are using civilians to fly fighters/bombers, so I can go apply. I would make a shit ton more $$$$ than I do in the military. Then I could keep buying guns to replace the ones I keep losing in the lake.

We just had a civilian Test Pilot from Edwards go through our Senior Officer Course. Anything can be outsourced.

It's not uncommon to have civilian test pilots, and/or civilians to be in charge of a major program. This is especially true in AFMC.

AMC/ACC will not be outsourced...not because the AF won't do it, but because the civilians won't apply. After reading the fine print:

**random 18 hour days, 40 mandatory desk hours per flying hour, with flying on the weekends only (maybe)...**

Godspeed contracted flyers. Godspeed.

Oh they will apply, because they will be paid generously (see civilian contractors I mentioned above...minus the O-2 company). Or they could contract out a lot of lift, as we do now, to Atlas/Omni/Evergreen/etc.

You're right, I guess this isn't technically outsourcing...

Yup, stil a military person on title 10 pulling the trigger.

Edited by SocialD