Respect

ClearedHot

I live off base but the anthem is audible in my neighborhood depending on the wind. A couple weeks ago I was out with my 4 year old and a couple of the neighbor kids when we heard a few notes. All of the kids (all military) stopped what they were doing and faced the music and stood tall. Then the other day, we were driving on to the base as the music started. My boy called out from the back seat "Dad you have to put your hand over your heart" (his mom taught him that). I looked back to se him concentrating on the music with his hand over his heart. Made me proud.

• Upvote 6

I've sent stuff like this to my local high school, recommending they show it at a student rally or whatever. Yeah, yeah,... I know they won't do it.

With that said,... every time I go to a football game and see some 15 year old jackasses playing grab ass during the anthem, I embarrass the shit out of them in front of the crowd.

Maybe one of these days, the principal will see it and change his mind.

With that said,... every time I go to a football game and see some 15 year old jackasses playing grab ass during the anthem, I embarrass the shit out of them in front of the crowd.

Same. Adults, too.

I've knocked the hats off more than a few craniums.