Strike Eagle Extreme; 69 F-15Es take to sky

Cap-10

Our maintainers are already working weekends anyway, so having the LFE on a Monday or a Friday makes zero difference whether they are going to work on the weekend.

FYI, every squadron flew their normal turns (normally 10T8's) the day after the LFE.

Cheers,

Cap-10

Our maintainers are already working weekends anyway, so having the LFE on a Monday or a Friday makes zero difference whether they are going to work on the weekend.

FYI, every squadron flew their normal turns (normally 10T8's) the day after the LFE.

Cheers,

Cap-10

I crewed jets for 10 years. I knew my place and it was to fix aircraft when broke. My only issue was when OPs made it harder on us to get things done without any reason. Being on the Ops side now, I still see the same attitude in some flyers. Regardless of my bickering, it was an awesome feat pulled off by everyone involved. I know how big of a bitch it had to be to get 69 crews lined up to fly as well as the work involved in getting 69 crew ready aircraft.

Really? Told what, "we're going to outdo the Kun"?

Ugh.

Rainman,

Trust me, every Pilot/WSO in the photo knew that an underlying motive of the WG/CC was going above and beyond what was already done even thought he never said it personally....just one of many reasons everyone thought of the whole event as a clown show.

Picture aside, it was the largest LFE the base has generated during my entire time here and the flying portion was AWESOME!

Cheers,

Cap-10

If you think about it, when if ever we get into a no crap shooting war with a opponent with a competent, well trained and equipped Air Force maximum efforts like this would be common place. Back in the 80's we did this regularly in USAFE with over 100 jets in the air just from one A-10 wing. Eldorado Canyon was masked by a exercise of Upper Heyford and Lakenheath launching maximum EF/F-111's sorties.

Burn thousands of dollars of gas and hundreds of man hours to get the wing leadership an af.mil pic and some PA exposure?

Usually you can't turn it into an LFE because of all the live weapons.

what's the purpose of an elephant walk?

I've seen it planned during some LFE's so that the formations could get lined up. Aircraft were parked in a manner such that they couldn't get into the correct position without the elephant walk.