Strike Eagle Extreme; 69 F-15Es take to sky

Cap-10

Whats amazing that you can find 69 crews and enough MX troops to launch that many at a stateside base if your considering all the non mission focused factors such as DNIF flyers, medical appointments, and mandatory training and all the other things leadership does not have to deal with outside the AOR.

In other news, a FSS CC/Call topped the Turkey Shoot by amassing 69 light sabers in a circle jerk to cheer a quarterly award winner.

aVq53.jpg

Yes, I'm serious.

I do believe Ram once said it best..."Gayer than a fanny pack full of dicks"

In other news, a FSS CC/Call topped the Turkey Shoot by amassing 69 light sabers in a circle jerk to cheer a quarterly award winner.

aVq53.jpg

Yes, I'm serious.

WHAT..........THE.............######............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sledy

Sounds like a gnarly LFE, but I see one problem with it - it wasn't on a Friday. Even worse - it was on a Monday. Every good fighter pilot knows that a sweet 4-ship, and ESPECIALLY a 4-ship in an LFE, should launch at about 1000L on a Friday, and the mass debrief takes place at the O-club/sq Briefing Auxiliary Room around 1500-1600L. Plus, the awards ceremony happens about two weeks later (also a Friday afternoon at the O-club) so you get to cash it in for two parties. What did they have, 3-to 6.9 squadrons participating? Sounds like it could have been a damn good "watch-chasing" over some whiskey...

Tell that to the guys getting shot at on the ground.

Danger Close, Don't F#cking Miss!!!

Cheers,

Cap-10

Tell what to the guys on the ground? That you're speedy?

How about this.... "CAS, Don't ######ing miss!"

Sounds like a gnarly LFE, but I see one problem with it - it wasn't on a Friday. Even worse - it was on a Monday. Every good fighter pilot knows that a sweet 4-ship, and ESPECIALLY a 4-ship in an LFE, should launch at about 1000L on a Friday, and the mass debrief takes place at the O-club/sq Briefing Auxiliary Room around 1500-1600L. Plus, the awards ceremony happens about two weeks later (also a Friday afternoon at the O-club) so you get to cash it in for two parties. What did they have, 3-to 6.9 squadrons participating? Sounds like it could have been a damn good "watch-chasing" over some whiskey...

Leaving MX 69 jets to fix over the weekend.

Tell what to the guys on the ground? That you're speedy?

How about this.... "CAS, Don't ######ing miss!"

WTF...I'm not saying to get weapons off the jet in 30 seconds just to so you can say "I was first" but there is also no reason to throw down 16-19 confirmers resulting in weapons of the jet 20 minutes later if 2 dog balls confirmers will do and you can save 6-9 minutes.

If I'm the guy on the ground taking effective incoming fires, I want the CAS assets to have a sense of urgency...I know I did when my flights would check in! (before anyone works themselves into a rich lather, I'm not implying any CAS assets are lolly-gagging once they check in).

I've flown CAS In both OIF and OEF...responded to lots of TIC's and dropped weapons shortly after checking in...they always want the impact to be accurate, but when you can hear the incoming rounds thru the JTAC's microphone, you know they don't want you take 30 minutes either.

Obviously no one wants fast and frat!!!

The F-15E community strives for BOT w/in 10 minutes of checking in....I'm sure even 10 minutes seems like an eternity for the ground pounders getting shot at!

Turkey Shoot: all crews were getting the same canned scenario's with scripted "mistakes" that the JTAC'S would make to force the aircrew to catch and rectify them...in the event of a tie, assuming there were no JP3-09.3 violations, the tie break went to the crew that finished in the least amount of time.

"Danger Close, Don't F#cking Miss" was the sign on the door of the A-10 and F-15E squadron at Bagram...last thing you saw as you stepped out the door to fly...our version of the Notre Dame "Play like a Champion" sign.

Cheers,

Cap-10

What I failed to mention is that the MXG was in on the evaulation part as well....number of jets crew ready on time, number of spares, etc. They were also being evaluated with a weapons load competition and how the jets that flew in the LFE faired the rest of the flying week.

Awards ceremony is this afternoon, rounded out with a combined Ops Group Roll Call. The 335FS "Chiefs" were the last squadron of F-15E's at Bagram and brought home some items from the deployed squadron building...they are dedicating a OEF display what will be a permanant part of the O-Club bar area.

Cheers,

Cap-10

Not to belittle accomplishments, however, this is exactly to a 'T' what Kunsan AB did in March.

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123292658

To include the Turkey Shoot, scoring and the MX assessment.

I'd dig up the Turkey Shoot spins and scoring, but ain't nobody got time fuh dat...

We were told that the Kun was a generation for the picture, but there was zero flying that day....confirm all those vipers took off in one mass launch for a LFE?

Cheers,

Cap-10

We were told that the Kun was a generation for the picture, but there was zero flying that day....confirm all those vipers took off in one mass launch for a LFE?

Cheers,

Cap-10

Correct, that was just an elephant walk and big middle finger to the douches up North. Someone did the math and including the missiles it was 250,000lbs of explosives on the runway. There was a turkey shoot that week and a rage fest at the club on Friday.

In an only slightly related note, the frantic guard calls last week from the RoKAF about the NoDak's rocket were pretty amusing. "ARR US TRAFFIE TURN EAST IMMEDIATERY!! WESTA AIRSPACEY CROSED. KOREA AIR FORCE EN GUARD"

Really? I'm detecting a trend:

Really? I'm detecting a trend as well. You'd recommend executing this feat on a Friday on the basis that it would allow you to "rage" in the bar versus midweek leaving maint some buffer so the entire squadron isn't in on the weekend fixing them for the next week?

Really? I'm detecting a trend as well. You'd recommend executing this feat on a Friday on the basis that it would allow you to "rage" in the bar versus midweek leaving maint some buffer so the entire squadron isn't in on the weekend fixing them for the next week?

It was on a Monday.

Leaving MX 69 jets to fix over the weekend.

It was on a Monday.

Try to keep up