Yeah, all you ######ers wish you flew the Viper

Probably since the time you wore a diaper

We got every mission that you do

And we fly 'em all better than you

'Cause we're single seat, multi-role

We can fly right up our own asshole

You can’t lose something you never had in the first place. That’s like asking how a Viper LGPOS driver knows when he’s lost SA.

FIFY

....Viper guys love hearing about a dual engine failure.....helps assuage their feelings of inadequacy.

Actually, the LGPOS flies a lot better than a Hog with no engines based on the 69k SFOs I've seen from the tower.

<no Pope jokes>

……again? I use the term deliberately because I respect the F-16 community and consider them bros.

LOL. Fair enough.

However, they, like us, are an easy target for cheap laughs. Acknowledging them as Viper LGPOS drivers is a way to display solidarity before going on to break their balls.

Solidarity? Ok. Is that a sensitive new age kind of thing?

Has this become a problem so that people have to show solidarity in a visible way? Is that now the standard in the A-10 community, to show solidarity with their "bros" in the LGPOS?

If repeatedly insisting that their jet is a little gray piece of shit works for you, have at it. YMMV.

It does because it is so I do. I get tremendous mileage. Always have. I make gas using LGPOS.

It'll always be the LGPOS to me. I was in the brief the first day of RF many years ago when Rocky Ragsdale coined that term when he giving the CAPES/LIMS brief for the A-10. There were a bunch of Dutch LGPOS drivers in town for that RF and they had been bragging up the LGPOS and shitting all over the A-10 the night before at the Big House. The more often he said it the angrier they got. The USAF LGPOS guys were laughing harder than anyone in the room, epscially when the Dutch LGPOS squadron commander got up and stormed out. People were laughing so fucking hard they were crying, including the AWC/CC. The USAF LGPOS guys thought it was so funny they changed the sign on the door to their room. None were offended. Except the Dutch...who were Red Air and got fucking smoked every single day for two weeks and during the outbrief said they might never come back.

So yeah, it's the LGPOS to me. And none of my LGPOS driving friends have ever been pissed off or thought I actually disrespected their ability when I have called it that.

Plus, there's just no denying it...it is a LGPOS.

LOL. Fair enough.

Solidarity? Ok. Is that a sensitive new age kind of thing?

Has this become a problem so that people have to show solidarity in a visible way? Is that now the standard in the A-10 community, to show solidarity with their "bros" in the LGPOS?

It does because it is so I do. I get tremendous mileage. Always have. I make gas using LGPOS.

It'll always be the LGPOS to me. I was in the brief the first day of RF many years ago when Rocky Ragsdale coined that term when he giving the CAPES/LIMS brief for the A-10. There were a bunch of Dutch LGPOS drivers in town for that RF and they had been bragging up the LGPOS and shitting all over the A-10 the night before at the Big House. The more often he said it the angrier they got. The USAF LGPOS guys were laughing harder than anyone in the room, epscially when the Dutch LGPOS squadron commander got up and stormed out. People were laughing so ######ing hard they were crying, including the AWC/CC. The USAF LGPOS guys thought it was so funny they changed the sign on the door to their room. None were offended. Except the Dutch...who were Red Air and got ######ing smoked every single day for two weeks and during the outbrief said they might never come back.

So yeah, it's the LGPOS to me. And none of my LGPOS driving friends have ever been pissed off or thought I actually disrespected their ability when I have called it that.

Plus, there's just no denying it...it is a LGPOS.

Reminds me of my last active duty DO. He HATED the Guard. Busted on the Guard at every opportunity. They sucked, would always suck, and anyone who left the active duty to join the Guard sucked. His bitching was funny for a while but eventually got worn out and old.

I guess I sucked because I left the active duty and joined the guard. After I got to my unit I found out he had applied to fly there and got turned down. It all started to make sense......

Attacking the jet is an easy scapegoat, but mainly he's bitter because he was looking forward to the skin tight blue flight suits.

Oh yeah? Now I can wear on everyday. Who got the last laugh?

925a26483e4563d2e667e6d3813b98d0_resized.JPG

Reminds me of my last active duty DO. He HATED the Guard. Busted on the Guard at every opportunity. They sucked, would always suck, and anyone who left the active duty to join the Guard sucked. His bitching was funny for a while but eventually got worn out and old.

I guess I sucked because I left the active duty and joined the guard. After I got to my unit I found out he had applied to fly there and got turned down. It all started to make sense......

Yep, exactly the same.

You can’t lose something you never had in the first place. That’s like asking how a Viper driver knows when he’s lost SA.

I can only imagine how difficult it must be for you to stay ahead of a jet with only two throttle positions.

3edf2af9-c70f-4262-82b7-9182237551d1.gif

FIFY

So close.

funny-gifs-wrestlers-are-well-oiled-machines.gif

Anyone else find it disturbing when Viper dudes use innuendo to advertise the common knowledge fact that they love to fist themselves?

Jack of all trades, master of none?

Oh well, at least we don't fuck our crew chiefs.

Interesting Factoid: Did you guys know that USAF F-16's have only have 6 total air-to-air kills (ZERO in the gulf War)....all with missiles I think? I just thought that interesting after how much I've had to listen to the capes of the 9-G death machine. I guess that stat would make airshows their primary mission.

• Upvote 1

Interesting Factoid: Did you guys know that USAF F-16's have only have 6 total air-to-air kills (ZERO in the gulf War)....all with missiles I think? I just thought that interesting after how much I've had to listen to the capes of the 9-G death machine. I guess that stat would make airshows their primary mission.

BFM is definitely a bowling sport, but aside from the Hawg and its helo kills, who has had a guns-only kill in modern wars (against another fighter)?

If you're going to resort to gifs of animals, at least use the right animal.

warthog.gif

Ok

1315246066_rhino_vs_warthog.gif

Rainman wearing a skin-tight blue uniform.

You guys wearing bright yellow bikini bottoms and knee-high leather boots.

.....Checks.

Don't forget you were there watching the whole thing

i_came.jpg

Bullshit. I saw 6-9 kills in this one documentary alone:

IronEagle_RetardDriving.gif

I prefer the 6-9s in this documentary instead:

wallpaper-3-download.jpg

But to each his own.

Edited by Buddy Spike

who has had a guns-only kill in modern wars (against another fighter)?

Miggi Miggi Miggi!

1's off hot, shack, guns , kill eastbound MiG.

The perfect day.

• 3 months later...

Sounds a little odd.. Normally an FCF profile is written in the -6 (or whatever nomenclature they now use) and there are specific checklist cards for the flight data. The "off-handedness" of the discussion doesn't sound right. Even if it was an inexperienced guy on his first FCF, the cards should have dictated the specific FCF profile, unless it wasn't an official FCF...just an inflight check of some specific maintenence item.