Alaska F-22 crash: RIP, "Bong" Haney

HuggyU2

Yet nothing will happen. The Generals will stay Generals and the Colonels will become Generals. Sad.

diffuse enough of the responsibility to enough people and pretty soon no one is responsible.

This is further evidence of piss-poor management in the Air Force that is so risk-averse that they can't even call a spade a spade

another article on the subject

http://news.yahoo.com/dod-air-force-wrong-blame-f-22-pilot-144413856--abc-news-topstories.html

Edited by BQZip01

Pierre Sprey:

"From front to back, they're warping every fact you see in that thing, to make sure they will call it pilot error and not to blame [F-22 manufacturer] Lockheed [Martin] or not to blame the Air Force or the airplane," Sprey told ABC News in May. "Here you have a superb pilot and an airplane that wasn't designed to take care of him. And now they're blaming it on him and he shouldn't have died in the first place… The priorities are hardware first, people second."

Wow.

As a result of the IG findings, the Pacific Air Forces Commander Gen. Herbert “Hawk” Carlisle convened a group of experts, led by Maj. Gen. Charles Lyons, director of operations for Air Combat Command, to review the accident investigation, said Lt. Col. Max Despain, an Air Force spokeswoman.

“That group of experts validated the AIB’s conclusions,” she said.

Well good, General's validated other Generals. Nothing to see here move along.

The AIB determined that the pilot’s mask was in a full up position throughout the mishap, but this determination was not supported by the facts in the report. This inaccurate determination affected several conclusions drawn in the report.

Wow... wonder what that response was.

• 2 weeks later...

Widow makes public response on IG investigation. She slams the military industrial complex.

"I am gratified that the Inspector General has confirmed what we knew all along. The cause of the death of my beloved husband and the father of my children was not pilot error, it was incompetence by the Defense Department and its contractors," Anna Haney said. "The F-22 is not ready to serve its country, but my husband Jeffrey Haney was and he gave his life to demonstrate that brave men will serve while the cowards in the military-industrial complex systematically loot our Treasury to build inferior equipment upon which our servicemen and women stake their lives every day."
  • Upvote 16