Common Vertical Lift Support Platform 15 yrs late

SVFR

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UH-1Y doesn't get you guys anything over a Blackhawk except an entirely new supply chain. I've heard prior Huey guys go on about how easily maintained the UH-1 is, blah blah blah. The Yankee is an entirely new aircraft that just happens to look like a Huey.

That said at least all the developmental work is done, and if more guys than not end up thinking like Liquid it's a moot point as Rescue will go the way of the Osprey.

The HTAWS/TCAS modification "if" it goes as planned will be a great add-on. However they will most likely not integrate it with our FLIR so Geo-Pointing or a HDD capability will be lost. All we'll get is a better GPS and an HSI. I will say that I'm looking forward to doing away with the mini-chems and duct tape

Just get the Wulfsburg that is on the TH-1s, the RQF, and Eglins birds. Select any freq with one radio. Would help tremendously on SARs or coordinating with other agencies that don't use the standard four freqs.

Edited by Breckey

Wtf do you set your alert altitudes to in the Huey? 10ft?

What are these alert altitudes you speak of? Our Radar Altimeter just flashes "Low" with a light if we get below whatever we set. I do ~125ft for flare altitude/dont bust 100ft (regs), and then at night, just on, and then covered in duct-tape so only the digital readout is visible.

UH-1Y doesn't get you guys anything over a Blackhawk except an entirely new supply chain. I've heard prior Huey guys go on about how easily maintained the UH-1 is, blah blah blah. The Yankee is an entirely new aircraft that just happens to look like a Huey.

And is apparently an "all weather aircraft" whose tail rotor is so sensitive to environmental factors that it requires a T/R balance if it gets rained on.