Pred LPA robs Weapons School

Steve C

I got into the building just before 0400 and ransacked the place. I took everything that was not physically bolted down, and cleaned out their bar (to include the tap handles). Their walls were left absolutely barren - the only thing I let them keep was a Sam Adams blow-up beer bottle. I

Nice. :beer:

No shit, never said there was one.

So the point is they aren't going to care (the WCL is lame because no one really feels like it is their bar) and they don't have time to fuck with it (FWIC IPs are kinda busy).

I'm glad they are getting rides. Like I said, that should've been happening anyway.

That place was part of the 8-letter-S-word's remodel. He followed it with a decree that the divisions had to close their bars and hang out in the WCL.

He was a WSO, right? And what's the WCL? Different than the Club?

He was a WSO, right? And what's the WCL? Different than the Club?

Nope, different guy.

Yes, the WCL is different than the club. Very different. I can't say the words without getting fined but the first two words are World Class and the last word rhymes with Zounge. In fact, that's probably enough to get me fined for BFMing the rules.

Edited by ClearedHot

Rainman, not sure how long it has been since you made a visit to Nellis, but "the room" changed under K-9.

BLUF - Forced fun is no longer forced. CORE I first Friday still happens, but that is about it on the mandatory side.

All the Squadron (division) boards, came down and a lot of old prints went up turning the place into more of a "Heritage Room". Drinking returned to the squadrons with the exception of as you pointed out, the GSU Squadrons.

Not perfect, but not the days of old.

Rainman, not sure how long it has been since you made a visit to Nellis, but "the room" changed under K-9.

I believe that. K-9 and I both lived through the 8lettersword nightmare.

FWIW, Danny took command w/in weeks of the WCL opening and told all the divisions they could open their bars back up. He did that by showing up in the Trough calling everyone a pussy and demanding a shot of Weed and a Jack and Coke. None of the division bars ever really closed anyway, people just locked their doors and hid from the 8lettersword until the change of command.

Not sure if you're saying the divisions now consider the WCL their bar in the sense that they would be highly motivated to defend it. I would doubt that but I gusee stranger things have happened.

I believe that. K-9 and I both lived through the 8lettersword nightmare.

Damn..now I'll have nightmares. I've suppressed that memory for years. Here's a vignette for ya...Spring '96, standard light gray lunacy of a TI brief at 1530, T/O 1730, land 1900, start mass debrief 2000, finish stud debrief 0600--it was a bust. Two IPs standing in the barnyard at the bar drinking a beer and eating popcorn at 0630 when 8lettersword walks in with steaming cup of coffee..."What you guys doing?"...having a beer Sir...."It's 0630 in the morning!"....Roger that Sir, we just finished debriefing. Thank God I left a few months later and missed the WCL debacle. Go ahead....blame it on the eagle dudes!

Retguy

Col Sargeant?

I'll try to be a little more directive with this link...CLICK HERE.

Here's a picture if you can't click on the repeat of the link

sargeant_st4.jpg

Thanks. A 'yes' would have sufficed.

C'mon, I would've thought you could handle a slightly sarcastic answer...you're the one that tossed out the "say again" after I already posted the link for Huggy.

Not sure if you're saying the divisions now consider the WCL their bar in the sense that they would be highly motivated to defend it. I would doubt that but I gusee stranger things have happened.

Nope, still pretty spot on. I didn't even know anything had happened until I saw this thread.

Nope, still pretty spot on. I didn't even know anything had happened until I saw this thread.

Awesome.

C'mon, I would've thought you could handle a slightly sarcastic answer...you're the one that tossed out the "say again" after I already posted the link for Huggy.

Valid shot. I didn't even see the link in the post to Huggy, so I'm a retard.