Rep. Murtha Dead at 77

MKopack

Guest Alarm Red

Words words words

Words words words

Words words words

Words words words

The man was a Marine in Vietnam (as a volunteer no less), received a Bronze Star for Valor, and two Purple Hearts.

I'm trying to understand where the animosity comes from, and why anyone would celebrate the passing of any of their countrymen, much less a decorated veteran.

Remember the shitheads in foreign countries shown on TV celebrating during 9/11? In terms of class, you're all about equal to them.

• Downvote 1

The man was a Marine in Vietnam (as a volunteer no less), received a Bronze Star for Valor, and two Purple Hearts.

I'm trying to understand where the animosity comes from, and why anyone would celebrate the passing of any of their countrymen, much less a decorated veteran.

Remember the shitheads in foreign countries shown on TV celebrating during 9/11? In terms of class, you're all about equal to them.

People get clouded by their political views. Some of the same crap was said about Ted Kennedy.

Randy "Duke" Cunningham is a highly decorated volunteer who served, want to celebrate him?

Mao Zedong served in his country and later killed millions, should we celebrate his service?

Adolph Hitler was a highly decorate military veteran, should we celebrate him?

While I certainly applaud the military service of John Murtha, it does not give him a pass.

If you don't understand the animosity, perhaps you should do a little research;

1. He was an unindicted co-conspirator during ABSCAM, he should have gone to jail given the FBI video.

2. There were numerous ongoing investigations of his actions and close associates.

3. A watchdog group had him among the top 5 most corrupt politicians in DC Link

4. Murtha accused U.S. Marines of warcrimes based on an article in Time Magazine, when Time corrected the story he refused to apologize.

You seem willing to celebrate everything but the facts.

• Upvote 2

AMF!

Say "hello" to that other fat corrupt dead bastard, Ted!

Thanks for your service as a grunt Marine. Too bad you forgot some of the concepts - right/wrong, being a servant of the people, not wasting taxpayer money, or sticking by your fellow servicemembers until a court finds them guilty.

Somebody wants to lecture me about class?

Riiiigghhhttttt.......

• Upvote 1