I Hate Reflective Belts

Toro

These guys have a "dark gray" belt that looks pretty black to me. Might work.

They've also got a black one. Looks like it's black when not reflecting, but a light-gray when lit-up.

edit: just noticed it's $34... for A REFLECTIVE BELT!

Not worth it, IMO.

Edited by JarheadBoom

They've also got a black one. Looks like it's black when not reflecting, but a light-gray when lit-up.

edit: just noticed it's $34... for A REFLECTIVE BELT!

Not worth it, IMO.

Sounds like it's priced for end-of-year fallout purchasing.

Sounds like it's priced for end-of-year fallout purchasing.

Disagree. ANY chance to stick it to the man by scoffing this policy is worth it. A black reflective belt will most likely make some shoe wet himself or choke in frustration.

Perfect. And 100% worth it. With fallout money from the squadron would be even better. How long til the "no black reflective belt policy" is out?

Chuck

Funny... I had originally typed something along the lines of "...unless my SQ buys it for me", but decided to delete it before posting.

Edited by JarheadBoom

• 2 weeks later...

Planning on making a purchase from Stickerjunkie.com while I'm stuck in REMF land. I have the main line figured out. It's simply going to say "IHRB". I need some help with a tagline for underneath it. The bonus....I can mail off stickers to you all if you want some since it will be coming from a free mail site.

Please give me some guidance and I'll pass along some great stickers.

Thanks.

• 4 months later...

Planning on making a purchase from Stickerjunkie.com while I'm stuck in REMF land. I have the main line figured out. It's simply going to say "IHRB". I need some help with a tagline for underneath it. The bonus....I can mail off stickers to you all if you want some since it will be coming from a free mail site.

...because it makes us look like Spanish Hookers.

My address is 1060 West Addison. Thanks.

the black one makes for an epic batman belt

So why do you have to send the Dateline picture of yourself wearing the thing?

You couldn't just take a picture of it on the kitchen table or something?

Guest Alain Pelletier

I would like to introduce myself: Alain Pelletier, I am the maker of the printed belts.

I have been following this thread with interest for quite some time now.

If you have any questions, you may Private message me.

I try to make reflective belts that people enjoy. Not an easy task!

I do like the Batman belt Great Job!

Someone mentioned the price was quite high. Since the printed belts are just that printed, they need much more work and costs than conventional belts. The print is now protected and does not wear off. (early belts were less costly but had a problem with wear)

I have now been producing reflective belts for one year in November and had much fun in making those interesting belts.

I was thinking of the next belt being a nuclear shroom?

Thanks for your encouragement for the past year. I'll try to make more stunning belts.

BTW the rainbow belt had to be discontinued because some bases were banning all designer belts. - my belts

Edited by Alain Pelletier

Guest Alain Pelletier

Tan has been added to the list of colors solid color belt

Thanks for the suggestion.

Please note that the daytime color is always darker than the reflected color.

We also have made some belts for specific groups:

greenfeet.JPG

blackwidow.jpg

MEDIC.JPG

Let me add some more buffoonery to this fire.

UCI at my guard base recently. The wing CC mandates "wear of reflective belts 24/7". This includes during hours of daylight, while indoors, while upstairs in a two story building, while driving your vehicle to and from the base, while at your hotel off base if you're not from the local area, if you are in civilian clothes on base. Hell to me 24/7 means 24/7 so if you're in the shower at home... better have a belt on. ######ing the wife? Better be wearing your belt!

The Wing CC also directed 1st Sgts to go to the local hotels and make sure his out of town traditionals were wearing the belt at the hotel "just in case an inspector sees them during their off duty time". Those caught without a belt on "will be severely reprimanded".

The gate guards were checking people as they entered the base to ensure they had on reflective belts in their car!

- More -

All no hat/no salute areas on base were null and void during the UCI; this includes the ramp.

You could not address an airman or NCO as airman or sergeant. It had to be Airman First Class Snuffy or Technical Sergeant Beergut, etc.

The full time AGR and technicians were mandated to take down all personal items from their desks/offices. No pics of the kids or wife, etc.

The list goes on but I'm finding myself getting pissed off the more I type so I'm going to end there.

The madness is now in full effect at Balad Air Base as well. According to a policy that came out a few weeks ago, if you get caught not adhering to "community standards" (i.e. NOT WEARING YOUR REFLECTIVE BELT, smoking in an un-approved area, etc) you will have your id taken, and will have to report to your shirt/chief to get it back. Now, please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but from what I know, the ONLY time that someone can take your id is one, you are being apprehended by security forces, and two, you are being discharged from the military. I have been in the AF for almost sixteen years now, and I have never seen it as bad as it is right now. As a first-line supervisor, it's very difficult for me to convince an airman (who is already on the fence to begin with) that re-enlisting is the right thing to do, when all the airman sees is bullshit every day of his young career.

The madness is now in full effect at Balad Air Base as well. According to a policy that came out a few weeks ago, if you get caught not adhering to "community standards" (i.e. NOT WEARING YOUR REFLECTIVE BELT, smoking in an un-approved area, etc) you will have your id taken, and will have to report to your shirt/chief to get it back.

So an officer will report to an enlisted person now for counseling? Also, who the hell would give their id card to somebody they didn't know? I see that policy going really far.

This is damn funny. If you haven't seen this, check it out. Sorry, I couldn't find a link to it outside FB.

Favorite line: "I can't believe I'm being Chiefed at three in the morning."

FB link

EDIT x 4: Tried to fix my horrible grahmer (booze involved).

Edited by Spoo

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Hund Von Krieg

Safety belts, 100% necessary. Even when 150 cadets are running around the campus, in formation, on a well lit road, wearing the already reflective PTUs...

I guess reflective belts can be useful...

So I'm TDY and my wife couldn't wait a week for me to get back to put up a Christmas tree. So when she called me in hysterics after the tree fell over for the second time, I told her she had to come up with some way to prop it up until I get home. Here is what she came up with...

post-6319-069004400 1291015600_thumb.jpg

Note: There will be no pictures of the wife