2d lt and vehicle?

StoleIt

Got a question...so right now I have a nice POS daily driver. It still has alot of life in it so I don't want to get rid of it. That being said I also will want to buy a new car (looking at the 09 Camaro) when it comes out. I don't wanna turn this into a save your money type of thread, just curious if its possible to own 2 vehicles...

Or say someone has a car they are working on...like an old 60's car...and then they have truck they tow it around with. Is that allowed? Or are you 100% limited to one vehicle on base?

TIA

Guest Rainman A-10

You are not allowed to have a car until you make 1Lt.

After you make 1Lt you are allowed one car with a value no greater than $6969.

After you make Capt the vehicle restrictions are lifted.

While we're on this topic, what about bikes (sport bikes)? Do most bases usually have some sort of garage you can rent to store it in or do you have to park it outside? Also, this might be a stupid question but is theft a big problem on base?

I might just sell it before I commission but a lot of bases seem to be located in places that are great for riding.

Nope...there's just a parking lot outside. If you use two spots, who gives a shit. As far as bikes (Mun), Vance has some shelters you can park them under, but don't know if I would completely count on it (depends on how many people have bikes and if you'll have to fight for a space or not). I don't know about the other bases. I would say theft is very little on base, and pretty much non-existent when it comes to auto.

Originally posted by Mun:

While we're on this topic, what about bikes (sport bikes)? Do most bases usually have some sort of garage you can rent to store it in or do you have to park it outside? Also, this might be a stupid question but is theft a big problem on base?

I might just sell it before I commission but a lot of bases seem to be located in places that are great for riding.

Mun

It depends (the usual answer). Most CONUS bases have at a minimum a carport in married housing; but overseas you have a fair chance of being in stairwell apartments like we were for our last year at Ramstein. My bike stayed outside in the parking lot with a locked cover on it, and a disk lock. Theft isn't usually a problem but that is never an absolute sure thing.

Cheers! M2