Heinous CGOC E-mails

This reminds me of a great CGOC coup that took place at Thumrait back in 2002.

The CGOC there (yes, CGOC at a deployed location) was complaining about no having enough participation and were bitching a moaning about not enough participation from the ops units. Like they have nothing else better to do than support CGOC. The local aviation squadron there decided to send as many people as were available to the next meeting. It ended up being 50 dudes. They voted in one of their own. His first act to drain the treasury to take it down to the Brit bar and then they dissolved the CGOC. It was classic.

That's f*cking awesome! Wish I'd have read that years ago and we could have wiped the Top-3 off the face of the earth with all the MX SNCOs. And then do the same with the "Focus 56" goobers (E-5s and -6s, SSgts & TSgts) I knew the perfect guy for that job. He would have won by a freaking landslide! Destroy the nonners pet projects from within! Sorta like what's happening to the DoD, but on a smaller scale.

Nonner: noun, 1. non-sortie producer, one who does not fix, launch, recover jets nor is in the sortie production chain in any shape or form. 2. MX speak for shoe.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm not sure how or by what act of God I am not on the CGO list, but it looks like I am missing out on a lot of hilarious spam.

Can't speak for MXG but the OG probably won't be showing up because we will all be trying to get an actual mission between all of the exercises we are constantly doing so everyone who isn't MXG and OG can get their shit together before an :vomit: ORI...

Glad we requisitioned our table from DBC though which is now sitting in our bar, rumor has it they didn't have room for it anymore.

Edited by bowe96

I think the entire LPA should show up!!!

I bet if the LPA pitched this to the SQ/DO, he would easily bless the plan..can you imagine the look when every Ops Lt/Capt rolls into the club, Linkin Park, Metallica, and Distrubed blaring on the stereo, F-Bombs every other word, and a few shoes who get rocked while playing full up crud......F@CKING AWESOME. Tell me when and where and I'll gladly take leavea to witness the carnage first hand.

Road trip anyone?

Cheers,

Cap-10

I'm not in anymore but would do my damnedest to find a way to witness that.

Guest SATCOM

Social Activities Officer? Jesus H. Christ, it's a deployment, not a goddammed cruise!

Slight Hijack: This last OEF rotation I was imprisoned the entire time in a JOC/CJSOTF, but was billeted at Camp Cunningham. When it came time to redeploy all of the JTAC's, I had to arrange billeting for them, and their gear. A few months ago the new gym was almost complete, but empty. I requested its use to bed-down my troops for a few days till the C-17 took us CONUS. The "Camp Mayor" Chief said no. There was scant space, so I re-attacked and asked why. She told me that the mission at Camp Cunningham was now MWR, and billeting troops there would interfere with scheduled completion. Went to see the A-10 driver camp CC in the tower (his office was my office there seven years ago) and he told me to use it and if I received any flack, to alert him.

Bagram is now "Any Base USA" with assigned Disco Nights, Hispanic Heritage parties and basketball tournaments. The mission has long been forgotten.

I'm not sure how or by what act of God I am not on the CGO list, but it looks like I am missing out on a lot of hilarious spam.

I don't get them either. But it's replaced by all the stupid little notices from the MXS, AMCC, WX. Don't know why I get this shit, but I do. They email me every NOTAM, notice of every bolt tightened, every wx report. It might be worse than CGOC emails. At least those appear to be entertaining.

Slight Hijack: This last OEF rotation I was imprisoned the entire time in a JOC/CJSOTF, but was billeted at Camp Cunningham. When it came time to redeploy all of the JTAC's, I had to arrange billeting for them, and their gear. A few months ago the new gym was almost complete, but empty. I requested its use to bed-down my troops for a few days till the C-17 took us CONUS. The "Camp Mayor" Chief said no. There was scant space, so I re-attacked and asked why. She told me that the mission at Camp Cunningham was now MWR, and billeting troops there would interfere with scheduled completion. Went to see the A-10 driver camp CC in the tower (his office was my office there seven years ago) and he told me to use it and if I received any flack, to alert him.

Bagram is now "Any Base USA" with assigned Disco Nights, Hispanic Heritage parties and basketball tournaments. The mission has long been forgotten.

Ahh Cunningham---what a terrible place it has become. The troublesome thing about Bagram is that they now physically seperate the shoes and the operators. On one side of the base, we actually accomplish the mission. As far as A-10 OGs, here's hoping we have another one soon.

Ahh Cunningham---what a terrible place it has become. The troublesome thing about Bagram is that they now physically seperate the shoes and the operators. On one side of the base, we actually accomplish the mission. As far as A-10 OGs, here's hoping we have another one soon.

More hijack: I think my Traffic Violation Ticket for not wearing a reflective belt at night is still in my wallet. At least our compound is still safe from the shoes.. just the occasional overzealous shirt who is usually put in his/her place after a month or so.

I don't get them either. But it's replaced by all the stupid little notices from the MXS, AMCC, WX. Don't know why I get this shit, but I do. They email me every NOTAM, notice of every bolt tightened, every wx report. It might be worse than CGOC emails. At least those appear to be entertaining.

You know the best part about being TDY for an extended period of time... I get to clutter the CGOC email inbox with my out of office reply, and they either have a choice to remove me or create a rule that sends me to junk mail. I think it's kinda funny, hell they just got over two months of that and I laughed my a$$ off the entire time.

cheers :beer:

So not a fan of the new OG? I don't think many can live up to Donk...