Stop Drinking

contraildash

Try looking him up on global and selecting the actual base. Some of my classmates in technical school got in trouble for sending emails to Lt Smalley. I foresee a future general officer in our ranks (smalley). I wonder what he thinks of tobacco use.

Thanks Buzz Killington. I just knew somebody would get on here and preach about the evils of drinking.

BTW, probably hate my signature block, eh?

It's peoples right to decide whether they want to drink or not. I may disagree with it, but it doesn't mean I will treat you any different. My decision not to drink shouldn't affect your life's agenda. That simple.

Take this Dr Phil shit somewhere else, Nancy.

Easy there tough guy. No need to get all worked up over someone else's opinion.

It's peoples right to decide whether they want to drink or not. I may disagree with it, but it doesn't mean I will treat you any different. My decision not to drink shouldn't affect your life's agenda. That simple.

Totally agree. However, it's been my experience that the ones w/ the "F-ing issues" are usually the arrogant, self-righteous, pious (pick your adjective) folks who feel the need to share their opinions on alcohol with people who really don't care to hear it. It's rarely the other way around - meaning drinkers making fun of non-drinkers. In fact, I can't recall the last time someone was "hazed" for not drinking.

I need a beer...

Edited by Spoo

Totally agree. However, it's been my experience that the ones w/ the "F-ing issues" are usually the arrogant, self-righteous, pious (pick your adjective) folks who feel the need to share their opinions on alcohol with people who really don't care to hear it. It's rarely the other way around - meaning drinkers making fun of non-drinkers. In fact, I can't recall the last time someone was "hazed" for not drinking.

I need a beer...

Fair enough.

I used some Shiner Black Lager in my burgers tonight, fresh garlic, paprika, red pepper....lord it was awesome.

I also drank several bottles as well...but beer has many a purpose!

Shiner Black = :flag_waving:

Hey we have a hot chics thread and a gun thread, why don't we have a booze thread!? Seems un- :flag_waving: now that I think about it.

Ohhh the evils of alcohol, personally I'm a little tired of being told that if I consume X amount of beverages in a given week I'm an alcoholic... screw you Med Group!

The only time I stopped drinking was the last two months of my wife's pregnancy so I could drive to the hospital. It was the worst two months of my life...for reasons other than not drinking (those last few weeks were glorious!) I will never stop drinking again (at least until she's pregnant again)

And this is coming from someone who was raised by an alcoholic father. His summation of alcohol abuse: one beer was too much and a case was never enough.

FWIW I think we are all big enough adults that we routinely take stock of our lives, don't we all question our behaviors, ask ourselves if what we are doing is what we want to be doing? If you don't chances are you are too fing busy hacking the mission and unable to imbibe or you are in denial.

If you want a real life example of what real substance abuse is check out Intervention on A&E... puts my consumption in perspective, no matter what the Med Group spouts off to me.

Alcohol is what you make of it, if you respect it and it doesn't rule your life well in my book you are a-okay.

Ohhh the evils of alcohol, personally I'm a little tired of being told that if I consume X amount of beverages in a given week I'm an alcoholic... screw you Med Group!

They've never told me that...but I lie to them.

FWIW I think we are all big enough adults that we routinely take stock of our lives, don't we all question our behaviors, ask ourselves if what we are doing is what we want to be doing? If you don't chances are you are too fing busy hacking the mission and unable to imbibe or you are in denial.

Sounds like you're justifying. You're obviously an alcoholic.

Actually, I completely agree. I realized tonight that I've been drinking just about every night since I got back from my last TDY, cuz I've been on post mission crew rest with nothing to wake up for. I gotta fly tomorrow, and I'm not hurting for lack of beer. Thus I am not an alcoholic.

That sounds like self evaluation to me and you, but its "justification" to the Med Group.

Easy there tough guy. No need to get all worked up over someone else's opinion.

No one is worked up. You made a vag-like church lady remark, and you elicited multiple negative responses. You got to remember that you're talking to the very alcoholic pilots that you wrote about earlier. Know your audience, Chachi. I wouldn't walking into your Oprah's book club and talk about the evils of gluttony, so I would expect that you'd have enough SA not to post your "alcohol = Devil"”tripe in a board called the "Squadron Bar."”

edit- dadgum spelin

Edited by slacker

Guest boredwith9to5
The only time I stopped drinking was the last two months of my wife's pregnancy so I could drive to the hospital.

That's when I STARTED drinking lol..

But look! Even Buzz Killington enjoys the pleasures of alcohol!

EDIT: Found better pic

Sweet - nice work brother!

No one is worked up. You made a vag-like church lady remark, and you elicited multiple negative responses. You got to remember that you're talking to the very alcoholic pilots that you wrote about earlier. Know your audience, Chachi. I wouldn't walking into your Oprah's book club and talk about the evils of gluttony, so I would expect that you'd have enough SA not to post your "alcohol = Devil"”tripe in a board called the "Squadron Bar."”

edit- dadgum spelin

Thanks for the advice Captain Obvious

The only time I stopped drinking was the last two months of my wife's pregnancy so I could drive to the hospital. It was the worst two months of my life...for reasons other than not drinking (those last few weeks were glorious!) I will never stop drinking again (at least until she's pregnant again)

My theory was if she is eating for two, I can certainly drink for three.

Thanks for the advice Captain Obvious

Hey, there's a thread called "booze talk," The folks reading that thread might not know the dangers of alcohol. Why don't you go preach the evils there too? You know, just to be a consistent douche.

You also might want to stop by the "Gun Talk" thread to tell them the dangers of guns or the "motorcycle thread" to talk about accident mortality rates. Even better, why don't you go to the "De Motivational Poster " thread to talk about how demoralizing to women the pictures are.

I guess what I'm trying to illustrate is you're a giant tool, which should be obvious.

-Capt Obvious

Hey, there's a thread called "booze talk," The folks reading that thread might not know the dangers of alcohol. Why don't you go preach the evils there too? You know, just to be a consistent douche.

You also might want to stop by the "Gun Talk" thread to tell them the dangers of guns or the "motorcycle thread" to talk about accident mortality rates. Even better, why don't you go to the "De Motivational Poster " thread to talk about how demoralizing to women the pictures are.

I guess what I'm trying to illustrate is you're a giant tool, which should be obvious.

-Capt Obvious

Are you this defensive all the time?

Just wanted to let everyone know I'm going to stop drinking.

This will occur approximately at midnight after tons of beer and tequila and will last until probably next Friday or so.