Free Jeppesen plates?

zmoney

http://www.baseops.net/jeppesen/

Just noticed that link on the main page... What's the deal with this, how is baseops involved? (the link on the main page points to a baseops site, not a jep site).

Also noticed that milplanner link... Jep getting more friendly with the DoD?

DoD has a program setup so that all DoD users (including USCG) can view charts online. I joined up a while ago but haven't used it since.

My unit found out via FCIF.

Guest C-21 Pilot

^^ Correct...

You can pull up the standard SDP charts as we always have. In the C-17 community, us EP/IP/AC types were given our own personal password to pull up the appoach/departure plates, airfield diagrams, taxi plans etc. (in addtion to the OPSDATA portion). Check w/ your OGV for further info...

http://www.baseops.net/jeppesen/

Just noticed that link on the main page... What's the deal with this, how is baseops involved? (the link on the main page points to a baseops site, not a jep site).

A friend of mine is a Reservist and also works for Jepp -- he told me about this program and provided details. I simply put it all on a webpage - since Jepp did not have a webpage dedicated to this offer...

Break -- Break

For the Young-Bucks out there that want to learn more about the historical context of DOD FLIP versus Jepp plates and their use by USAF, read up on the AF 737 crash in Dubrovnik with Commerce Secretary Ron Brown on board (Jepp approach without required navigation equipment on board) in April 1996 and the subsequent investigations and cover-ups. For you consipiricy theorists, check out this article about the Brown crash.

• 1 year later...

Does anyone else have the problem of pages slow to load and the actual downloading of approaches being even slower? I have used this since it first came out and it is consistently slow to download whether from home or office CONUS and home or office OCONUS. In the box now and it is practically worthless trying to download from here. Great product, but useless when it takes 15 minutes per airport to download.