Fore!

ClearedHot

Reminds me of...

This is the famous "Plane Crash Game" -- as seen on ESPN, FOX Sports, "World's Most Amazing Videos" (etc.), and vidclip websites around the Internet. Over a million views on YouTube alone... which is amazing, considering that nobody died. Just think of how many hits there would be if one or two people had been freakishly injured or snuffed!

The Cameraman and Producer is Todd Dennis; Gero von Dehn makes the "Crazy Landing" call. Gero is now lead singer for the Pittsburgh, PA metal group "Von Dane"

The good news (I guess.. don't know if I want this guy flying again) is that all four people on board survived. The unbelievable news is that the pilot's daughter was playing soccer on the field in the background when it happened, and rushed to her father's aid!!

Story here: http://alaskan-legacies.com/ablblog/?p=50

Cheers! M2

Somebody needs to review golf etiquette with the pilot. He didn't rake out the footprints in the bunker. Poor form - or would that be considered hiding evidence from the accident board?

Somebody needs to review golf etiquette with the pilot. He didn't rake out the footprints in the bunker. Poor form - or would that be considered hiding evidence from the accident board?

He probably accidentally buried the rake, with, I don't know, his plane!

I wonder what the last time a news chopper actually landed to help somebody in need instead of just hovering and filming it like a dumba$$.

HA HA! Callsign of the TV station was WFAA...

...ok, I found it amusing...

I remember seeing the video of a news chopper that watched a guy mow down a state trooper while running from other cops. He went into a subdivision, hijacked a truck and kept a hostage. They tried to drive away and went right by the cops (unaware the suspect switched vehicles). The guys in the news helicopter were trying to talk to the police but there was too much of a time lag between them and the guys on the ground.

So, the helicopter pilot descends and puts his hovering helicopter in front of the truck. The hostage (also the driver) was told to ram him and the hostage refused, as the blade would surely dip down and slice through them. They rescue the guy in the truck, but the suspect dies in a subsequent shootout.

Wish I could find the video online. It was pretty cool to see the helicopter pilot take some initiative.

I remember seeing the video of a news chopper that watched a guy mow down a state trooper while running from other cops. He went into a subdivision, hijacked a truck and kept a hostage. They tried to drive away and went right by the cops (unaware the suspect switched vehicles). The guys in the news helicopter were trying to talk to the police but there was too much of a time lag between them and the guys on the ground.

So, the helicopter pilot descends and puts his hovering helicopter in front of the truck. The hostage (also the driver) was told to ram him and the hostage refused, as the blade would surely dip down and slice through them. They rescue the guy in the truck, but the suspect dies in a subsequent shootout.

Wish I could find the video online. It was pretty cool to see the helicopter pilot take some initiative.