CRM powerpoint

Guest Intact

Hey guys,

I'm putting together a CRM PowerPoint for my squadron. I'm looking for some videos that I can incorporate into my slide show, specifically the Tenerife disaster that shows computer graphics w/ voice. I've seen it in a ton of briefings but, can't seem to find it now that I need to put one together. Any relevant videos/information would do. I'm most interested in two-person crew information.

Are you looking for general CRM videos or videos specific to the Tenerife crash? If it's the latter, "Seconds from Disaster" did an episode on the crash. You can find several clips on YouTube.

I don't have any video's off hand but I have all the slides/notes/info from the CRM class I took (in powerpoint form).

An idea what I am sitting on:

Failures in communication/coordination

EAL, L-1011 (Whisperliner), Miami, 1972

TWA, B727, Washington Dulles, 1974

Pan American/KLM, B747, Tenerife, 1977

UAL, DC-8, Portland, 1978

Air Florida, B737, Washington National, 1982

Let me know if your interested and I can email you it.

I don't have any video's off hand but I have all the slides/notes/info from the CRM class I took (in powerpoint form).

An idea what I am sitting on:

Failures in communication/coordination

EAL, L-1011 (Whisperliner), Miami, 1972

TWA, B727, Washington Dulles, 1974

Pan American/KLM, B747, Tenerife, 1977

UAL, DC-8, Portland, 1978

Air Florida, B737, Washington National, 1982

Let me know if your interested and I can email you it.

C-5 crash at Dover

There's a real dearth of high quality accident graphics available for CRM facilitators. I'm collaborating with a flightsim hobbyist who works at Air Canada. Our first project is a set of slides on Tennerife. I'll drop you a line if they turn out OK - you're welcome to them.

The Buff at Fairchild is always a good study. A quick synopsis can be found in Tony Kerns "Darker shades of Blue." Also look at Tiger 66 flying tigers 747 cargo aircraft that crashed in Malaysia, the CVR stuff is chilling as these guys fly into the ground on an NDB approach they had no business flying.

Hope this helps

I found a bunch of CVR re-creations on youtube by searching for "accident CVR".

However, this is probably a stupid question, is it possible for one to download something on youtube? ie. put a youtube video on a thumb drive?

Great thread!

Edited by PirateAF