Leadership at the 'Deid

Toro

Heading that way soon for a 120. What's the latest on shoe wear back and forth from the showershousing for crews and the rest of the general questions. And should I leave my morale patch that says, "ADULT" at home? :nob: (Just kidding) No really I'm not.

Edited by capt4fans

Heading that way soon for a 120. What's the latest on shoe wear back and forth from the showershousing for crews and the rest of the general questions. And should I leave my morale patch that says, "ADULT" at home? :nob: (Just kidding) No really I'm not.

120? Must be nice... standard is 180 now, at least for a great majority of us.

Flip flops are good back and forth to showers.

120? Must be nice... standard is 180 now, at least for a great majority of us.

Flip flops are good back and forth to showers.

Are Crocs ok? And yeah 120 on 120 off 120 on 120 off is a great life. I'm ready to head to a MAJCOM just to get off the road a little. 180 every few years....I could go with that.

Well, I'll be there in the very near future so might as well try to think of things that don't suck:

Let me know who is going to be trying to watch as much playoff baseball and college football as me and we'll meet up to watch and decide who is going to go post about the latest dumbness.

For those of ya'll there; keep 3 beers cold for me.

Guest Matt Damon
Chiefs had a meeting yesterday to address 36-2903 violations...expect an increase in trolls to be out of the prowl soon.

A couple of items from the e-mail...

-Reflective belts everywhere, even CC!

-No riding in the back of the trucks regardless of the situation

-The Qataris are moving into their side of the base in Spring 2009, so I am envisioning a new 'Base Drivers license'

-And some other bullshit rules, but that is tomorrow's problem

Well who am I to bitch as I drink my beer and use my wi-fi at the bra, on my 3 month deployment?

Please tell me you don't mean reflective belts while wearing PT gear?

I refuse.... :flipoff: :flipoff: :flipoff:

There's a reason the PT gear has reflective sh!t on it.

Edited by capt4fans

Guest Sebastian

Might as well save your energy on this one. Just not worth it anymore. When they do something :rainbow: and completely absurd, we say ok they've reached bottom it shouldn't get any worse this. It just can't. They're semi-practical people, right? BAMM! NO! They come of with some other bogus crap.

This is the way we need to spin things:

Since it has already been determined that the 'Deid is in no way under immediate danger (at least not until next Spring when the host nation brings their Air Force back and they start driving around in masses), just consider you HFP your consolation for putting up with all this BS. Giving me $225 a month to put on a reflective belt is a pretty sweet deal.

In the mean time have a cold one while you still can (it'll only be a matter of time before drinking offends haji).

Edited by Sebastian

The Deid, where logic and common sense goes to die. Why would making everyone wear reflective belts at all times cause uniform infractions to decrease? If anything, wouldn't that cause uniform infractions to rise, I mean a lot of people might forget them. Instead of harassing people over uniforms why don't they figure out how to build some new shitters slightly faster than at a snails pace.

this is from the 27 Aug Desert Eagle Dispatch here at the Deid:

Customs & Courtesies (New Posting)

Airmen are reminded to render proper customs and courtesies at all times and pay special attention to staff cars. Not all staff cars will have placards located on the lower left side of the front bumper. Many staff vehicles will have placards located on the windshield. Please see the photos below for examples. Airmen in uniform are required salute :salut: when these vehicles pass by. While it is not required in PT gear, it is highly desired by base commanders.

The last sentence is Super :rainbow:

Airmen are reminded to render proper customs and courtesies at all times and pay special attention to staff cars. Not all staff cars will have placards located on the lower left side of the front bumper. Many staff vehicles will have placards located on the windshield. Please see the photos below for examples. Airmen in uniform are required salute :salut: when these vehicles pass by. While it is not required in PT gear, it is highly desired by base commanders.

Some of the placards may be located in the trunk, or the back seat. Airmen are encouraged to use ESP in determining if it is in fact a staff car that is approaching.

I hate this crap. Hey, let’s play where’s Waldo with the placard. If we have to standardize our PT gear and uniforms they can standardize where to place there damn placard!

Guest Cap-10
While it is not required in PT gear, it is highly desired by base commanders.

:banghead::banghead::vomit::vomit:

It is also highly desired that commanders would un-f@ck themselves and get their priorities straight.

Cap-10 :flag_waving:

Some of the placards may be located in the trunk, or the back seat. Airmen are encouraged to use ESP in determining if it is in fact a staff car that is approaching.

I hate this crap. Hey, let’s play where’s Waldo with the placard. If we have to standardize our PT gear and uniforms they can standardize where to place there damn placard!

As with all things, I'm sure very little thought has been given to how they could change to make things better. Just bust the balls of everyone else to get the end result.

:banghead::banghead::vomit::vomit:

It is also highly desired that commanders would un-f@ck themselves and get their priorities straight.

Cap-10 :flag_waving:

Manas requires you to salute in PT gear. Which is hilarious.

Guest Tip Tank

Pretty soon vehicles will have to have reflective striping or they'll be restricted to day-only ops. GHEY!

Guest Sebastian
Pretty soon vehicles will have to have reflective striping or they'll be restricted to day-only ops. GHEY!

can't do that since most of the vehicles are leased. Guess that leaves the day-only ops...

At our inprocessing brief last night:

Shirt: "Couple of changes for those that have been here before: New guidance just recently that you will wear a reflective belt during all reduced visability hours, even in CC."

Guy who just flew on a plane all day and is now sweating his ass off before getting to sleep: "Soo reflective belts in PT gear?"

Shirt: Yes

Guy: "... the reflective PT gear?"

Shirt: "Sorry sir."

Guy: "Glad we spent all the money on this short ass shorts with reflective stripes."

Wooo... long time listener, first time Deid deployer... damn glad to be here.

Back in July I posted:

"Just stumbled across news of a new 379AEW/CC this July. He was the best Aircraft Commander I ever had, and a great guy all around. I haven't seen him for about 20 years, but there may be a ray of hope for some reduction in the dumbness, or at least a guy with a sense of humor about it."

20 years ago (had we had BaseOps.Net) this guy would have been right here - same sensibilities, same outlook, so I can only wonder if I stand corrected. AEW/CCs are pretty busy - not a lot of time to cross check every stupid thing some knob wants published in the Dispatch. Still, I'd be pissed if somebody attributed to me "desires" about which I give not a shit.

they just need to start ordering and issuing glow sticks, you know the ones the kids all wear while trick or treating. That way, no one will ever be hit. Those make you nearly invincible. While you are walking around CC, do you still have to pay attention or is it the automobile driver's responsibility to "see and avoid"?