Dumbness At Columbus?

Guest Burrito

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest rotorhead
When I sign my fuel receipt at an FBO, it says JET A+, therefore it is a jet. Get over it.

With that logic, here's another "jet."

Skyhawk Jet

Where's capsoftsandy to jump in here to pound his chest?

My 1983 VW Rabbit diesel burns the same fuel, but I hate to call it a "jet" (0-60 in 69 seconds).

When I sign my fuel receipt at an FBO, it says JET A+, therefore it is a jet.

I guess that means my MQ-9 Reaper is also a 'JET'.

This is the stupidest thread in a long time. After 3 pages of reading I have concluded that no one really knows what happened to with this stud in Columbus, and everyone thinks that everything that can run on Jet-A is a Jet...Wow! Oh ya the T-6 may not be a jet but I know my Jetta is!!! Not only can it run on Jet-A but it has Jet in the name!

Cheers

Just curious on the HAPL overspeed...is it possible that what he actually heard was the gear warning horn at 120, which is much closer to 125 than 316? That being said, we were messing around in the sim and at idle boards you can overspeed...at least according to the computer...we had to try pretty hard though.

Guest JimmyH

The T-6 isn't a jet and no amount of "some thrust comes out the exhaust" or "it burns JetA" is going to convince me otherwise.

I flew the T-34. Definitely NOT a jet! Stop drinking the kool-aid they feed FAIPs who wanted fighters. The C-17? Well, at least the fan blades are inside the engine nacelle... (and we don't call them prop blades)

And before anyone gets up in a tizzy, I have nothing against FAIPs either! Its a great job that I often wish I was doing (okay, maybe not THAT often). But you aren't going to be calling your U-28 or predator a jet , why would you call the T-6 one?

Would you call the Herc a jet? Great bird, but NOT a jet.

I'm not going to change my mind. Sorry!

And yes, I can pee farther than you, but that has nothing to do with it.

And don't overspeed things, maintenance doesn't want to have to pretend they care.

Just curious on the HAPL overspeed...is it possible that what he actually heard was the gear warning horn at 120, which is much closer to 125 than 316? That being said, we were messing around in the sim and at idle boards you can overspeed...at least according to the computer...we had to try pretty hard though.

Nah, the dude was trying to get down quickly and the needle turned red. Of course, this was the same IP that would fly around the pattern in MIL (250 or whatever was faster than the normal T-6 pattern speed). We landed, he told MX. I don't think they did much if anything. This was over two years ago.

I thought the biggest dumbness at CBM was that darn motto. I know MS doesn't rank up there as far as education goes but adopting a motto with a blatent misspelling is stupid.

BLAZE???

Building Leaders, Advancing Integrity, Zervice Before Self, Excellence in all we do.

Is it still up on the hangar??

I thought the biggest dumbness at CBM was that darn motto. I know MS doesn't rank up there as far as education goes but adopting a motto with a blatent misspelling is stupid.

BLAZE???

Building Leaders, Advancing Integrity, Zervice Before Self, Excellence in all we do.

The only thing that tops that is how Columbus is referred to as "The base of choice in the command of choice".

BLAZE???

I seem to remember circa '98/99 some of the students had a friday patch that had "Columbus Blasé" on it.

Speaking of dumb slogans, anybody know how Moody/479 FTW got the slogan "America's Flying Training Wing"?