Capt Malinda Hammond IS My Hero!

M2

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DmodelBUF

In my day, even the personnel Chiefs were real top notch NCOs. Of course, that was long ago..... :beer:

How very sad that this chap in Offutt should invoke the 'shame on you' line at something so harmless. I would call that a major overreaction. He's probably the sort of man who would also object to a USAAF WWII nose art calendar on the basis that it depicts female nudity.

So, um, yeah, what does FUBAR mean?

F***ed up beyond all recognition.

That does not surprise me one bit. Gone seem to be the days when a Chief was a hard-talking, ass-kicking, heavy-smoking, fast-drinking, ass-kicking (yes, I know I said that twice) Son of a Bitch! Nowadays they sport SuperCut hairdos and play the PC game as well as the career-focused shoeclerk officers.

Honestly, I can't remember the last time I saw a Chief with a high-and-tight flattop and who could make Curtis LeMay blush...no wonder a lot of junior airmen are missing the :bash: they need...

Cheers! M2

That was my dad. He could curse a blue streak and drink most people under the table, and I rarely remember seeing him without a cigarette while he was in. I also doubt he ever checked the color of someone's socks or told a pilot to remove a tab patch.

Guest tmickel
That does not surprise me one bit. Gone seem to be the days when a Chief was a hard-talking, ass-kicking, heavy-smoking, fast-drinking, ass-kicking (yes, I know I said that twice) Son of a Bitch! Nowadays they sport SuperCut hairdos and play the PC game as well as the career-focused shoeclerk officers.

Honestly, I can't remember the last time I saw a Chief with a high-and-tight flattop and who could make Curtis LeMay blush...no wonder a lot of junior airmen are missing the :bash: they need...

Cheers! M2

:beer::beer: Here, here!!! :beer::beer:

That is a great pic. But as most of you all have heard that pic caught a lot of flack for it. From what I was told by the Group CC at Salem in June that because of that pic a lot of shit rolled down hill at said location for it. I don't know the specifics, but its just sad that we can't have any fun at all. I think we need to get the PC out of the military and bring back some of the good old traditions of pre PC years since thats the way that the Air Force is wanting to go, back to our heritage.

Guest ASUcadet
That is a great pic. But as most of you all have heard that pic caught a lot of flack for it. From what I was told by the Group CC at Salem in June that because of that pic a lot of shit rolled down hill at said location for it. I don't know the specifics, but its just sad that we can't have any fun at all. I think we need to get the PC out of the military and bring back some of the good old traditions of pre PC years since thats the way that the Air Force is wanting to go, back to our heritage.

Like the good ol' days my dad used to talk about when Cols used to smoke in the cockpit of 111s? I'm all for that. :rock: How much of nazi do you have to be to not find this hilarious?

I declare this week Cpt Malinda Hammond week (can I do that?), Capt Hammond should not have to buy drinks this week for having the stones to wear the patch. Malinda this Bud's for you, FUBAR patch wearing yankee air pirate!!!

:beer::beer:

A week? Shit! That's not enough! I've already told her that I was buying the brews if/when she ever makes it down to San Antonio! Same should apply wherever she goes!

That girl has guts! God bless 'er! :thumbsup:

Cheers! M2

The D-bag from Offutt is moving up!

Chief Master Sergeant Promotion List

KOST JOSEPH R 3S3X0 229 :flipoff:

Beat me to it. I was just about to write in saying that D-bag was a sure bet for chief. He will be shipped off to the AOR ASAP to pull this sh1t in the chowhall somewhere.

Guest Bad_MuthaFu--a

Talking about traditions...for those of you that haven't been in but a few years...the AF is firmly against establishing traditions...thats why we change our uniform every 5 to 10 years!!

Talking about traditions...for those of you that haven't been in but a few years...the AF is firmly against establishing traditions...thats why we change our uniform every 5 to 10 years!!

So I guess thats why we let some of the good people VSP and keep the ones we shouldn't huh? Don't get me wrong I love being in the AF but its heritage is where I see stuff lacking, its nothing compared to the Marines or hell even the Army. If the leaders say we want to go back to our heritage then why don't we bring out the uniforms form the good old days. Hell besides the Marines getting new BDU's I don't think that they have changed their dress uniform in a long time, or even their slogan.

Guest Bad_MuthaFu--a
So I guess thats why we let some of the good people VSP and keep the ones we shouldn't huh? Don't get me wrong I love being in the AF but its heritage is where I see stuff lacking, its nothing compared to the Marines or hell even the Army. If the leaders say we want to go back to our heritage then why don't we bring out the uniforms form the good old days. Hell besides the Marines getting new BDU's I don't think that they have changed their dress uniform in a long time, or even their slogan.

Agreed

Guest Bad_MuthaFu--a

Good news is it won't be too far reaching for Personnelists cutting the career field numbers down.

Can anyone provide a postal address for Sgt 'Shame On You'?

I am going to post him a copy of this book:

FUBAR

9781846031762-th2.jpg

The author notes the need for such expressions, thus:

The soldier slang of World War II was as colourful as it was evocative. It could be insulting, pessimistic, witty, and even defeatist... the fighting man was never short of words to describe the people and events in his life. F***ed Up Beyond All Recognition takes a frank look at the British, Commonwealth, American, German, Japanese and Russian slang used by the men on the ground, and shows how, even in the heat of battle, they somehow managed to retain their sense of humour, black though it might have been.

Given that this Sgt has probably never experienced 'the heat of battle', or known what it was like to be shot at, he may learn a thing or two about why such expressions and slang still have their place in Iraq and Afghanistan today.

Guest Bender
Can anyone provide a postal address for Sgt 'Shame On You'?

I am going to post him a copy of this book:

FUBAR

9781846031762-th2.jpg

The author notes the need for such expressions, thus:

Given that this Sgt has probably never experienced 'the heat of battle', or known what it was like to be shot at, he may learn a thing or two about why such expressions and slang still have their place in Iraq and Afghanistan today.

The term was well used through 'Nam as well.

However, Steve, if you think all it takes to take a mind like this is a book...I'm afraid you're mistaken. Now that he's been rewarded for his behavior it wouldn't matter if EVERY book known to man repeated it 690 times in a row.

Back in 'Nam, as in WWII, we had the same douche bags...the on;y difference is that we don't frag them anymore; thus there are a bunch more!

Make sense to me...don't like it, but makes sense.

BENDY

The term was well used through 'Nam as well.

However, Steve, if you think all it takes to take a mind like this is a book...I'm afraid you're mistaken. Now that he's been rewarded for his behavior it wouldn't matter if EVERY book known to man repeated it 690 times in a row.

Back in 'Nam, as in WWII, we had the same douche bags...the on;y difference is that we don't frag them anymore; thus there are a bunch more!

Make sense to me...don't like it, but makes sense.

BENDY

Bendy

Certainly under no illusions that this book would change his mind, but if it gives him pause for thought - or makes him hold back on his forthright and judgmental views - in the future, then that would be a positive outcome.

Cheers

Steve

Clerk: "I bet your WG/CC doesn't wear a yellow t-shirt"

Me: "You are right, he wears a blue t-shirt...he fly with a different squadron...now choke yourself!"

I hate clerks.

Cap-10 :flag_waving:

Priceless dude.

In my 24 years of experience I can say this… The USAF has tradition… to quickly squash anything that even remotely looks like it may become a tradition. Now add in the PC factor and nothing will ever become tradition unless it’s approved. Imagine the shoe clerk reunion 25 years from now, no booze, only approved music, “health heart” menu and to top it off some old guy checking socks at the entrance to the buffet.

Guest DinoDriver

Malinda, it was a good idea then as it raised the morale of us all way more than you could have imagined. As for the shoe clerks, you guys better have a union meeting and ditch that dumb A@@. He does not get it, and he never will.

It is always funny the watch Colonels, Generals, and E-8 or 9 want to be's "Getting Religion" and hammering other people's nuts flat for doing the very same thing they did in their past.

Just once I would like to see a General with the balls to give some one like Malinda a metal for raising the morale of us all. You know deep down that they wish that they could do what she did, but if they did, their next promotion and all of the a@@ kissing they had to go through for it would be lost.

As for stupid shoe clerks, I have just one thought. Darwin was right! And I agree, "go fornicate yourself" and use the Kung Fu grip.

And Malinda, thanks for showing the Guard Colors, giving us all a good laugh, you get it and the Beer is also on me.

DinoDriver

A shoe clerk listened to by one is a risk taken by all

What a tool. Why would he think it is appropriate to publicly shame a Captain? It's one thing to correct someone on their sunglasses and even that is quite clerky but to do so in a mag or online? I'm completely speechless.

I've got to wonder if they started handing out article 15s for disrespect/insubordination they might start sending the right message. It was her choice to wear that patch in that picture and I think it's hilarious. I also understand how some might object to it. However it's not his place to shame her and the shoes need to start learning this crap. I'd love to hear about a shoe getting stomped in such fashion.

I'm going to play Devil's advocate here:

Who gives a crap? Captain Hammond should be commended for wearing her FUBAR patch for official photos - I think it's great.

But here you guys are, a bunch of Officers and Pilots, emoting through your manginas about some clueless dude that wrote a letter to the Air Force times?

So what?

Are you folks aware that for every tool like him, there are dozens of enlisted folks who look up to and admire you guys? Yet you're more than happy to stereotype them all under the snide moniker of "shoeclerk", expressing your disdain for anybody who's not a warrior or directly involved with your small sphere of influence.

I've got news for you guys: Your SA is way low. Do you really think you just step to the jet without hundreds of people involved in the effort? Back when I was a shoelclerk, I once worked for a MSgt who had just returned from a TDY at an operating Det. What did she enjoy the most about her 90 days at Cypress? Jumping folks crap about their reflective belts? Complaining about UHF discipline in a letter writing campaign?

Nope.

Getting to work next to, see up close and occasionally even touch the ISR asset she normally supported from afar. What we take for granted as just another airplane was for her, a sort of reward for a career of working behind the scenes supporting operations in some office without windows. How would she feel if she happened upon this website and saw you guys, whom she thought the world of, acting like a bunch of spoiled little pussies whining about every perceived injustice?

Now, maybe my SA is low coming on here and rubbing your noses in it in such a manner, after all - it is primarily a pilot's website and who the hell am I to question you? Toro can send me packing if he wishes, but you guys really sound like a bunch of spoiled children whose ability to see the big picture and respond in a mature fashion is severely compromised.

There, rants over. Flame away. :rock:

I'm going to play Devil's advocate here:

Who gives a crap? Captain Hammond should be commended for wearing her FUBAR patch for official photos - I think it's great.

But here you guys are, a bunch of Officers and Pilots, emoting through your manginas about some clueless dude that wrote a letter to the Air Force times?

So what?

Are you folks aware that for every tool like him, there are dozens of enlisted folks who look up to and admire you guys? Yet you're more than happy to stereotype them all under the snide moniker of "shoeclerk", expressing your disdain for anybody who's not a warrior or directly involved with your small sphere of influence.

I've got news for you guys: Your SA is way low. Do you really think you just step to the jet without hundreds of people involved in the effort? Back when I was a shoelclerk, I once worked for a MSgt who had just returned from a TDY at an operating Det. What did she enjoy the most about her 90 days at Cypress? Jumping folks crap about their reflective belts? Complaining about UHF discipline in a letter writing campaign?

Nope.

Getting to work next to, see up close and occasionally even touch the ISR asset she normally supported from afar. What we take for granted as just another airplane was for her, a sort of reward for a career of working behind the scenes supporting operations in some office without windows. How would she feel if she happened upon this website and saw you guys, whom she thought the world of, acting like a bunch of spoiled little pussies whining about every perceived injustice?

Now, maybe my SA is low coming on here and rubbing your noses in it in such a manner, after all - it is primarily a pilot's website and who the hell am I to question you? Toro can send me packing if he wishes, but you guys really sound like a bunch of spoiled children whose ability to see the big picture and respond in a mature fashion is severely compromised.

There, rants over. Flame away. :rock:

This dude typifies shoe clerk. If you've been around for a while, you would understand that shoe is not a term applied to anyone who doesn't fly, or any enlisted dude. It applies to jackasses like this guy who, from his computer safe and sound in the US of A, felt the need to try and publicly humilate this deployed aviator.

In short, the guys who turn wrenches...not shoes. The guys who pack the parachutes...not shoes. Hell, the finance guy who does his job and gets the travel voucher processed in a timely manner...not a shoe. The guy who checks sock colors at the mess hall, snaps at people for wearing sunglasses on your head, or writes to the magazine to express his displeasure with a tab patch...SHOES, each and every one. Even a pilot can be a shoe, though I'm guessing it's rare until you're wearing a star.

LJ -

This SMSgt is the fncking epitome of shoe. He and all those like him are exactly what is WRONG with the USAF. Im not even bitching about not being able to wear morale patches or having to endure the shoe and sock police on a regular basis. Im talking about the general pussification of the USAF that started shortly after the Vietnam War came to a close, took a break in the 80s and then reared its ugly head once again as soon as we got done with Gulf War I.

This as a disgusting and continuing trend of 'let me sit here safe behind my email and council the USAF on my views of right and wrong' instead of TAKING DIRECT ACTION... This letter to airman magazine was nothing more than a 'look guys, I have what it takes to be a Chief' cry for attention.

This kind of BS continues on a daily basis nowadays... because the assholes who do it never had any REAL mentoring in their careers and dont know how to do it. I think it was a stupid move on the Captains part to wear a patch like that... that kinda crap draws fire from the penguins. There are better ways to continue the DILLIGAF tradition in the USAF flying community then to be so blatantly in violation of uniform regs. That being said, I applaud her because I have the same patch. The same way I applaud our allied brothers with their ENORMOUS mustaches flying F-15Es at the Deid. The same way I applaud guys like Gen Robin Olds for his waaay out of regs combat stache' back in Vietnam. The same way I enjoy NOT doing stupid shit because I am a FnCKING ADULT.

This isnt about support of those flying, its about chickenshit - to use a term left over from world war 2. Its about all the senseless queep that we as a flying community deal with daily that gets in the way of me getting the mission done with minimal interference. That is the heart of the issue. Its not a shoeclerk thing, its a trend item for those who get id'd as 'shoes'.

And I fncking hate them for it.

Chuck

Chuck -

Thank you for the well thought out response, you make some good points, all without taking my post personally. I'll back off from the hyperbole and frame this in terms of perspective. First - I left active duty in 95', so maybe I haven't seen the worst of it. But I worked as an enlisted person in supply for many years and I just didn't see an adversarial culture of trying to hinder the Aviator. Hell, it wasn't tolerated in SAC. We had the very occasional dork, they didn't last long. Most of us held Pilots and Navs in very high regard.

What I do see is lot of folks painting with a wide brush just because some idiot got his panties in a wad. Who gives a crap? I used to see letters like his all the time. Anybody who read them could easily see it was nothing but a sociopath crying for attention. Frankly, I was surprised he was dumb enough to put his name on it.

I was simply trying to point out the outcry over the letter of one SNCO is very similar in scale and in some cases, foolishness to the guy who got bent out of shape over a patch. (Article 15 for insubordination? AYFKM?) You guys are above this kind of crap. Is it really that bad on active duty?

In a lot of ways, active duty IS that bad, and most definitely worse than in 95. We're painting with a wide brush because there are so many "dorks" and "idiots" like this one.

Well, that sucks. Come on over to the airlines. First beer is on me, we'll talk trash and chase mentally deranged flight attendant poontang. :nob:

Like I said in my original post, perhaps it's me who lost SA. Isn't the first time and won't be the last.