Shaw pilot charged with battery/intent to kill for pushing someone at a bar!

Guest Mike Brogan

Lesson to be learned - if you get into a bar fight, don't hang around and wait for the cops to arrest you, the rich kids dad to stir up murder charges, and a political district attorney to go along with it.

A veteran bar-fighting friend from home once told me that you should "kick ass quickly and then disappear quickly."

Or, you can reference what the great Rainman A-10 once said about the war on terrorism:

"It's like a bar fight...

Make sure all your bros know the plan before you go in and keep track of everyone once you're in the bar. Once the fight starts, rejoin your crew and start swinging and moving toward the rear exit (where you should've parked your car). Hit anyone you didn't walk into the bar with as hard as you can and keep moving towards the door. Don't survey the damage, just keep swinging and moving. You need to be in your car and out of the parking lot before the cops show up, just like you planned before you went in. If done properly, you can be ordering your next round at the next bar before the cops have finished breaking up the last fight.

Easy."

http://www.flyingsquadron.com/forums/index...2117&st=100

Only I would argue that you should probably not be found in another bar after a fight, as this case at Shaw clearly demonstrates.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I understand the story, I hope to God that this somehow ends up working out with no adverse effects on Tarado (assuming he's a good dude). Some piece of sh1t is feeling up women at a bar, is asked to stop, doesn't and gets pushed? He should have gotten a f'ing punch in the face. I can't believe there isn't anything but utter frustration on here out of sympathy for this viper dude. If you let some young, drunk, rich SOB grope your wife and don't get your ass kicked doing everything you can to stop it then you have zero place as a figher pilot. Holy mother of God, let Shaw leadership squash this bullsh1t w/ the city of Columbia.

Edited to add police report: http://wistv.images.worldnow.com/images/in...nt%20report.pdf

btw, I'd just like to state.... if any of y'all do anything similar cuz some scumbag (victim 1) was taking luxuries not belonging to him, and "victim 1" happens to land on my car and break my windshield, don't worry about it.... and drinks on me for a night as soon as you get the chance with the court stuff...

Guest thefranchise

police report definitly adds some color to the story

0245am, guy follows douche bag outside, guy shoves the douche bag around and buddy shoves douche into a car window, breaks a window, knocks the guy out, leave the guy in the parking lot and goes off to another bar

i think the part a jury will have a hard time with is the part of leaving the douche bag bleeding on the ground unconcious and heading off to another bar rather than calling 911 and explaining his actions

drunk people do stupid things and thats why they pay bouncers.

That's a pretty weak argument. The fact that you're drunk excuses sexual harassment/assault?! Oh, that's right, it's the good old "I was drunk" defense. "Yeah, I slaughtered a family of 4, but hey drunk people do stupid things." There is a line between harmless drunken buffoonery and a crime. Feeling chicks up isn't right, and he found out his actions came with consequences...it probably should have happened in the courts, but there you go...

For those of you who are interested in supporting Bass' defense fund you can donate at any Bank of America. Just ask for the Chris Todaro Defense Fund.

Please keep the Todaro's in your thoughts and prayers.

Guest bunk22

Back in 01, my det had an E-6 who was top notch. He ended up making E-7 not to long after deployment. He was a top notch sailor. Anywho, before deployment, he wanted to speak with us officers about a past situation. He was tried for murder and found not guilty. He was in a bar where a dude picked a fight with him. Now this sailor was black, about 6'5", pure muscle and weighed in about 250lbs. Big dude but one of the nicest persons I've ever met. So he ended up hitting this guy who hit him first and the guy fell back, his head and later died. He said the DA wanted to deal with him, have him plead no contest to manslaughter....or something to that effect. If not, they would bring murder charges against him and they did.

The guy in this case didn't die but stupid shit does happen obviously. If some asshole grabs my wife, there's going to be a fight. Sounds to me like this punk got was coming to him and I hope it works out for the AF bubba.

I remember Chris from UPT at CBM. Great dude. I sure hope this gets cleared up for him, apparently chivalry is dead. Hopefully, this turns into the police charging him and then the DA dropping the charges or something. But, as the saying goes, bad things happen to good people. :salut:

I remember Chris from UPT at CBM. Great dude. I sure hope this gets cleared up for him, apparently chivalry is dead. Hopefully, this turns into the police charging him and then the DA dropping the charges or something. But, as the saying goes, bad things happen to good people. :salut:

Its amazing the crap thats happening now a days. People are even scared to protect themselves now because of the outcome with the law. My buddy Sage had his face punched in with brass knuckles and the police told him as he's sitting there with a busted face cavity, "You did the right thing by not fighting back."

WTF? YGBKM

What happened to the old days? During the WWII era, you messed with someone, you'd get your ass pummeled and the law would tell you that you got what you deserved.

People today make me sick.

Guest LittleMan
Its amazing the crap thats happening now a days. People are even scared to protect themselves now because of the outcome with the law.

What happened to the old days? During the WWII era, you messed with someone, you'd get your ass pummeled and the law would tell you that you got what you deserved.

People today make me sick.

Can I get an AMEN? AAAAAAAMEN!

Feeling chicks up isn't right, and he found out his actions came with consequences...it probably should have happened in the courts, but there you go...
Actions coming with consequences is a two way street, bro. Everyone's a tough guy until it's time to pay the price for it.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to catch some sh*t for this, but if you're going to be a man and defend your woman, then take your punishment like a man. Life lesson; if you can't take the punishment, then don't act like a f*cking chivalrous knight in shining armor. The second the pilot laid his hands on the other guy, he became completely responsible for whatever injuries were inflicted intentional or unintentional, which was even further aggravated by the fact that he left the scene and kept partying. Did the groper deserve it? I would say so. But that's what cops and private security (bouncers) are for.

I hope defending his girl's honor was worth the legal fees, possible jail time, and whatever his superiors do to his career. Hopefully he'll learn a little bit of wisdom from this experience.

Guest AndThenSome
Actions coming with consequences is a two way street, bro. Everyone's a tough guy until it's time to pay the price for it.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to catch some sh*t for this, but if you're going to be a man and defend your woman, then take your punishment like a man. Life lesson; if you can't take the punishment, then don't act like a f*cking chivalrous knight in shining armor.

Unless I missed something, I don't see how he isn't "taking his punishment like a man". I hope you don't mean that fighting the charges in the legal system makes him a ######, because that's rediculous. Until he starts crying like a little girl after a guilty verdict (which I hope he doesn't get), don't accuse him of not being a man. I'd say the fact that he defended his woman (and all the other women in the bar who got groped) makes him more of a man than most. I know a lot of guys who wouldn't have the stones to do anything about it, and that D-bag would have just continued what he was doing to the girls.

However, the simple fact that Todaro left the guy unconscious after his head smacked into a car and then went to another bar to keep drinking creates a very bad appearance to the authorities (and potentially to a jury, as well). I think if anything, that will be what leads to any jail time he'll ultimately see.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to catch some sh*t for this, but if you're going to be a man and defend your woman, then take your punishment like a man. Life lesson; if you can't take the punishment, then don't act like a f*cking chivalrous knight in shining armor. The second the pilot laid his hands on the other guy, he became completely responsible for whatever injuries were inflicted intentional or unintentional, which was even further aggravated by the fact that he left the scene and kept partying. Did the groper deserve it? I would say so. But that's what cops and private security (bouncers) are for.

I hope defending his girl's honor was worth the legal fees, possible jail time, and whatever his superiors do to his career. Hopefully he'll learn a little bit of wisdom from this experience.

Wisdom???WTF? It's bad luck that the guy fell and had to have surgery. What's to learn? I guess you'd be a bitch and let some dude bang your wife while you watch. Grow some balls.

Wisdom???WTF?

Yeah, wisdom..."I did what I thought was right, now I will stay to make sure I didn't kill him"

It's bad luck that the guy fell and had to have surgery.

I don't think it was luck, I think it was the push...hence the ensueing legal issues

What's to learn?

See above

I guess you'd be a bitch and let some dude bang your wife while you watch. Grow some balls.

Ohhhh....that kinda manly talk may get the pro-gay crowd from the other thread all hot...I'd be carefull.

FWIW, I agree with you Joe, if you are going to do what is morally right, but things go a little wrong, just hang out and deal with it, it only strengthens your side of the story, well I think anyway.

Guest MizzouNav
I would say so. But that's what cops and private security (bouncers) are for.

Actually it isn't. I was a bouncer for awhile, and our main job was to keep the bar fom being sued and the waitresses safe.

One huge thing i learned from being a bouncer: If you are going to teach a lesson, don't punch or shove, just choke the shit out of them. Any drunk ass will immediately stop whatever they are doing when their ability to breathe is taken away, and you control their descent to the ground.

However, the simple fact that Todaro left the guy unconscious after his head smacked into a car and then went to another bar to keep drinking creates a very bad appearance to the authorities (and potentially to a jury, as well). I think if anything, that will be what leads to any jail time he'll ultimately see.

Hate to say it, for as noble as his actions were, walking off after this guy is lying on the ground bleeding (intentional or not) is not going to fare well in court! Had he (Todaro) stuck around and called 911, his defense of it being an accident that this assbag got hurt so bad would have been much stronger. As it stands, regardless of the reasons for what he did (and I fully agree with someone protecting the fairer sex), the result of his actions are how he is going to be judged. And if he gets convicted, it ain't gonna be pretty when the USAF gets a hold of him. That is, unless he was a world-class marathon runner whose daddy is a retired OSI colonel!

Cheers! M2

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Dunno, couldn't find any follow-up reporting; but here is the incident report if it hasn't been posted already...

And here is Todaro's mug shot:

8359236_BG1.jpg

You can try emailing Jeremy Turnage (jturnage@wistv.com) at WIST, as he last updated the story on their web site.

Apparently a Christopher Todaro made Major in March. Either it hasn't gone to court and they're allowing him to serve or the charges were dropped.

Edit: I guess there are probably a few other options like it actually went to court and ended in his favor. I would think a story would be written about the court verdict, though.

Edited by FallingOsh