All-female -135 crew

Techsan

At the time my girlfriend was interested in being a pilot for the AF and noticed a female pilot (F117/Viper) walking around.

That narrows it down to two (the 3rd one was a light grey background). Dark hair or dirty blonde?

To all of my Strike Eagle, Gunship, Buff, Viper driver kind of folks out there,...basically "meateater" types on this forum,...AF PA has really missed the mark on this. Nobody wants to really hear about an all female -135 crew passing gas, or an all black female crew delivering the "goods" to some god forsaken place in the sand box. Agreed,...those feel good airlifter/gas passer stories are lame news.

What do I really want to see AF PA do an aircrew story about?

I want to see an exclusive story about an all JEWISH Strike Eagle, Gunship, Buff, flight of Vipers/Hawgs bombing or strafing the shit out of group of Al Quaeda/Taliban/Mahadi Army terrorist camps/compounds. Now that would be the type of AF PA story that would make us all proud! Hell, have AF PA pass that story unto Al Jazzera, CBS, etc.!

I'd have been more impressed if it were an all female RC-135 crew. Doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to find three chicks...now the 20-something they have on an RJ, that would be impressive.

Oh yes, the female pilot scene. Reminds me of a time back at the air show over here at Luke.

At the time my girlfriend was interested in being a pilot for the AF and noticed a female pilot (F117/Viper) walking around. So she thought, I'll go talk to her and see what it was like as a women going for a pilot slot.

Let me back track. Earlier that day while I was by myself I spoke with this woman and she wasn't to friendly about talking pilot details (at the time I was just starting the rotc route and had some questions). I eventually got the red flag that she didn't care much for conversation and so I bailed.

Back to my gf wanting to chat with said woman. We both walk up to her again and my gf introduces herself and says, Hey I'm interested in getting a pilot slot through ROTC. What can you tell me about it?

So this lady lifts her eye brows in sheer excitement and turns to me and gives me a dirty look, like bug off. She pulls my girlfriend off to the side for a half an hour and lowers her voice the whole time so I can't hear a dang thing. WTFO?

Turns out, she gave my girlfriend her personal cell phone #, e-mail address, and account information to an "all girl online pilot forum" so they can stay in touch as 'girls'.

Ridiculous.

Careful, they even have their own version of the LPA...

Fighter Chicks

But I gotta admit, I kinda like it! Almost as good as the FBO Hotties web site! :rock:

Cheers! M2

When I was in the Corps, we got the very-first female Marine Corps pilot in our squadron in '95. Talk about a three-ring circus... PA, journalists from every-friggin-where, generals & admirals of both sexes, all falling all over themselves to "get her story" or "get her picture" or "fly with the first female USMC pilot". Right about the time things at home station were getting back to ops-normal (a year later...), we deployed to Okinawa, and the circus began all over again.

We've got enough females in my current SQ to make an all-female KC-10 crew. I'm kinda surprised (and glad) WRI's PA hasn't picked up on that. But, then again, it is WRI I'm talking about...

** EDIT **

Just checked out the fighter chicks website (didn't even know such a thing existed), and I have to ask:

WTF is this??? I thought "party suits" were a Navy thing...

http://www.fighterchicks.com/gallery/main.php?g2_itemId=616

** EDIT **

Just checked out the fighter chicks website (didn't even know such a thing existed), and I have to ask:

USAF party suits have been around since at least the Vietnam war...here are a couple of examples...

070618-F-1234P-006.jpg

Jolly Green party suit worn by the donor when the 37th ARRS at Da Nang AB, South Vietnam, took a break from the reality of war. Maj. Hatch flew "Jolly Green" helicopters and had five pick-ups to his credit -- an F-4 pilot and a crew from another "Jolly Green." The suit was donated by Maj. Emmett E. Hatch, Jr., USAF (Ret.) from Milipitas, Calif. The suit is on display in the Modern Flight Gallery.

nam65.jpg

Major Gorman is shown here in his "party suit" while at Takhli; these were made by local tailors and outfitted to suit the pilot's personal tastes. The color varied from squadron to squadron - the 333rd chose red for their color.(Photo courtesy of Paula Bear)

There is even a pic of the Fiends in their party suits...same unit the chicks in the above link are in...

36thTFS1977fiends.jpg

36th TFS (1977) (36th Fiends Site) (SITE NOTE: Those party suits were mandatory for every USAF officer in Korea for years. Like the embroidered unit jackets garishly emblazoned with the unit's patches, these were intended to promote group cohesiveness and esprit d'corps during social events.)

And no, I am not in any of the above pics!

Cheers! M2

Guest momann
where was the all black aircrew for black history month?

Nice!! You beat me to it. The PC stuff these days have gone way too far, if you asked me.

Mo.

Nice!! You beat me to it. The PC stuff these days have gone way too far, if you asked me.

Mo.

The tanker squadron at the Deid had one.

Guest Johann
I thought it was Black History Mumph...

Its "Mumf" not "Mumph".

Jeeze!

When I was in the Corps, we got the very-first female Marine Corps pilot in our squadron in '95. Talk about a three-ring circus... PA, journalists from every-friggin-where, generals & admirals of both sexes, all falling all over themselves to "get her story" or "get her picture" or "fly with the first female USMC pilot". Right about the time things at home station were getting back to ops-normal (a year later...), we deployed to Okinawa, and the circus began all over again.

We've got enough females in my current SQ to make an all-female KC-10 crew. I'm kinda surprised (and glad) WRI's PA hasn't picked up on that. But, then again, it is WRI I'm talking about...

** EDIT **

The chick in the middle? Hell yes.

The other two? No way!

The Boom gets bonus points for breaking a limit and not using a glove on the chin rest :bash:

The boom operator refueled an A-6 and two Navy F-18 Hornets

What is the aft limit for Probe and Drogue AR?

you got her on the glove thing though...

What is the aft limit for Probe and Drogue AR?

you got her on the glove thing though...

I forgot that was a drogue mission. And just cause it was Navy receivers doesn't mean it could of been drogue. Plenty of MPRS -135's out here.

Guest xtndr50boom

<YAWN>

Anyone serving up a mai tai yet? So far it's been a bunch of BS about chicks doing the job they've been expected to do for the last 20 years or so. Anyone doing above and beyond has normally been considered noteworthy?????.....Maybe I'm just old fashioned when it comes to that.....