Classic Thread - Pilot poser on Corvette Forum

Guest bunk22

Guest Scribe
He's done guys, it's over. He won't come out to play anymore. I'm thinking he might be the guy from AW. He started posting on CF right around the time we outed him on AW. It bothers me too, a guy didn't pay the toll, make the sacrifice but gets to pretend he's been there done that.

I noticed that he was on for over an hour over there after being called out and his usual gig is 10 posts a day yet he stopped posting but kept looking/lurking when challenged. So Flathatter (AW) = Raptorkiller (F-16.net) possibly = Blackstar (aka Doogie) on Corvette Forum? And he never stepped up to the plate here as you would think a bona fide USAF Major select Fighting Falcon JAG Corvette driving 26 year old would do when his authenticity was challenged. Mr Bunk, well done keeping the forums safe for honest folks trying to learn without being subjected to imposters. Time for :beer:

For your entertainment, here's the results of an investigation and subsequent outing of a guy claiming to be an F-14 pilot from 4 years ago; turns out he did work at Pensacola as a civilian engineer. But he was all over the place with F-14, flying, and cruise stories that just didn't add up. Gave out tons of advice to civilian pilots about anything mil. But at least he could have gotten his facts straight, like saying he was flying out of Miramar NAS with VF-31.......in 2003. Was fun to nail the guy to the wall.

The evidence and the bust:

http://forums.jetcareers.com/general-topic...esentation.html

The busted, complete with quibbling:

http://forums.jetcareers.com/general-topic...logies-all.html

Also outed a Swivel Chair Patrol cadet who was claiming to be an F-16 pilot with the 421st at Hill. Referred to it as the 421st Tactical Fighter Squadron all the time, which if he was in TAC for that to be true, he'd have been flying at 12 years old. Claimed to have gone from T-1s to T-38s in UPT and was turned down by the T-Birds for medical condition after (doing his math) having been Vipers for a grand total of 1.5 years! That's one fast burner. Dead giveaway was the pic of him in his flightsuit with the ROTC pin on the c-cap.

Guest LocoF16

Dang, sorry I missed out on this thread. Looks like it blew up in just over a day.

BTW, it was me. I've always really really really wanted to be a JAG...

I'm really surprised that we don't see this a whole lot more on the 'net. Although it is nice that the limited frequency allows us to devote our undivided attention to such faggotry.

I thought it was a federal offense to impersonate an officer...does that extend to the internet? Hmm....

Guest Scribe
Tragic they locked the thread. That was just getting interesting.

I need to go tell all my Viper buds that they're in the minority in their community for using that name.

...and he claims the Navy made up the name "Viper" when they got their F-16s (the first time).

I'm really surprised that we don't see this a whole lot more on the 'net.

I think it happens plenty. No too often on Baseops though. Thanks to the wealth and scope of experience of our members, posers generally get booted within about two posts.

But it's always fun when a CAPSoftSandy rolls through.

HD

Edited by HerkDerka

Just to close the loop on Doug Masters, ViperJAG:

NORTHCOM Staff JAG Office has NO O-3s nor any recently promoted O-4s. No guys with wings of any flavor assigned.

I believe I nailed down Doug Master's place of employment as at Space Command JAG office. When I called, guy with the same name as listed on the poser's page answered. I asked if he had a Corvette, he went defensive, end of call. So, do not believe Doug is even wearing a uniform and since he answered the phone like a receptionist, I'm seriously doubting the attorney part of his fantasy.

If you're gonna dream, dream BIG!

Something embarassing to any of us USAF guys who didn't clue in on the threat to have the Navy head of NORTHCOM swacked bunk. The sheriff there is an Air Force 4 star. I totally didn't know that.

Guest bunk22

I derailed him in my last PM to him. The mods on that forum know as well. I think they knew I and others would start coming after him where it could get out of hand so they locked it. I see what was posted above, what happened on AW, this idiot. Very sad. I would expect to see one of them on "To Catch a Predator "so enough I suppose.

Guest Scribe
Just to close the loop on Doug Masters, ViperJAG:

NORTHCOM Staff JAG Office has NO O-3s nor any recently promoted O-4s. No guys with wings of any flavor assigned.

I believe I nailed down Doug Master's place of employment as at Space Command JAG office. When I called, guy with the same name as listed on the poser's page answered. I asked if he had a Corvette, he went defensive, end of call. So, do not believe Doug is even wearing a uniform and since he answered the phone like a receptionist, I'm seriously doubting the attorney part of his fantasy.

Nicely done! You can paint a star below your virtual canopy for a kill!

If you're gonna dream, dream BIG!

Something embarassing to any of us USAF guys who didn't clue in on the threat to have the Navy head of NORTHCOM swacked bunk. The sheriff there is an Air Force 4 star. I totally didn't know that.

Not sure if he meant working for a Navy JAG in his shop or the COCOM at NORTHCOM, which was Navy and is now USAF again.

Admiral "Timbo" Keating was NORTHCOM from Nov 04 to Mar 07 at which time he went to PACOM

061206-D-6090J-011.jpg

Guest Scribe
bunk22 gets the credit for recognizing and then calling out this loser with an assist from matmacwc

How about yourself for researching the NORTHCOM JAG office staff and making the confirmation call?

How about yourself for researching the NORTHCOM JAG office staff and making the confirmation call?

Ok, I'm great, too.

I'll just fire up my mighty E-3 with the turbo boosts and the control stick at my console, then I'm off for my general officer (BTZ) pin on...............

Guest bunk22

I just recognized something that just wasn't right. I don't know enough about the AF or joint tours, etc to have officially made the call. It certainly helps to have the experts chime on in. If he were a pretend Navy pilot, it would have been much easier. He has since stopped making posts on the site, deleted his F-16 avatar. I think he's pretending to have a Vette as well. He can have that one, he just can't have the title of AF pilot without earning it. I hope he reads this and realizes what a complete tool he is. I think he sees himself as this:

mav4.jpg

Love the nuthugger flightsuit

I know we've all seen it but for those who haven't, for Ballstar, Gay Top Gun:

Guest Scribe
Is Tom Cruise Left handed? B/C his sleeve pocket is on the wrong side.

Well, Bunk, want to let 'em what's curious about the squadron patch he's wearing (it's not from an F-14 squadron!)?

Guest bunk22
Well, Bunk, want to let 'em what's curious about the squadron patch he's wearing (it's not from an F-14 squadron!)?

I think it's the old E-2 RAG, VAW-110.

Guest Scribe
I think it's the old E-2 RAG, VAW-110.

Correctamundo. When they were making the film, the Director was given a bunch of patches to chose from for Tom Cruise to wear and aircraft to use as their markings. To absolute horror of the Tomcat Technical Advisors, he selected the E-2 patch for Cruise to wear and to be applied to Tomcats flying in the film. When they protested that would make it inaccurate, he replied "I'm not making this movie for the military".

Is Tom Cruise Left handed? B/C his sleeve pocket is on the wrong side.

Actually, I was bored for a minute so I did a quick search; and according to this web site, he is.

Now, back to focusing on the pic of Miss Louisiana! :bohica::rock::thumbsup::salut:

Cheers! M2

Guest bunk22

Looks like our man is back under a different name but same location, car, etc. He's posting as Dimestore, a former F-4 fighterpilot......might be his old man he flew them. He mentioned baseops and being an FNG but screwed that up, another clear indication of not knowing what he's talking about. He wants to be a pilot very bad.

Guest LocoF16

Well, if anything, this whole ordeal gave you a way to patrol your site for trolls. I had never heard of your site before, but now I have another forum to waste time on. Hopefully some of the other dudes on this site will visit now and help you weed out potential posers. Like someone mentioned before, this site is a great example of having a community of folks that can self-govern itself. The more legit people you get on your site, the more legit it will become.

It's gotten even better with "Dimestore" now posting.

Here's his first post:

Interesting thread. Started out basically a political, qua "chicken hawk" discussion--which was really interesting, ended up a witch hunt. I checked out baseops.net, too. There it was a step down from a witch hunt. Anybody read "Stolen Valor"? Maybe some people should. How many of the posters here--or I would suggest, at baseops.net, know what 21 Sep is? How many gas? I'm a fng, for you with military acronym (is that spelled right? Seems like it needs another 'n.') particularly of the flying type, but I think this is the place to put your 2cents in. While I don't disagree with outing poseurs, I wonder if this guy is a kid whose dad served in my generation. If so, give him a spanking--but not a lynching. Again, just my 2c.

Oh yeah, 432nd TFW, Udorn RTAFB, Thailand 1973. 13TFS, 'Panther Pack.' And yes, I can name names.

PS--if there is a purist on the thread, the 432nd was originally the 432nd Tactical Recon Wing. The recce pukes got their name on the door, even with the Nickel and Pack (and 4th) flying there. Finally, they changed it to Fighter Wing. A good trivia question for the captains of "outing."

Nice, a fighter pilot who can't even spell FNG.

If that wasn't bad enough, here's his attempt to gain credibility (remember he's pretending to be a vietnam-era Rhino driver).

Tell you what, slick...send me a military or government email address and I'll respond with my @us.af.mil address. I think you make my case for witch hunts. Put up or stfu.

HD