The goods:

FILE0014.jpg

FILE0015.jpg

FILE0017.jpg

FILE0029.jpg

FILE0030.jpg

FILE0019.jpg

FILE0026.jpg

Stock sights aren't bad, but I plan to get Warren Tactical night sights in the next few months.

FILE0028.jpg

Guest MegaPieBoy

My wife bought me my M&P 40 compact for my birthday last October, and I love it. The M&P's are a awesome line of guns; they feel great in the hand, and they shoot smoothe.

Remember, always assume they're loaded and never point at something you don't intend to shoot.

On the plus side though, I'm sure he got his point across!

http://www.azstarnet.com/metro/293333.php

Phoenix man killed in gun-safety demo

ARIZONA DAILY STAR

Tucson, Arizona | Published: 05.18.2009

advertisement

A 26-year-old Phoenix man accidentally killed himself early Sunday while explaining gun safety to two Sierra Vista residents.

Samuel Benally Jr. was at an apartment on West Tacoma Street when he said guns should be kept unloaded because people could point them at their heads, said Sierra Vista police Sgt. Brett Mitchell.

Benally then demonstrated by putting his own 9mm Ruger, which he believed to be unloaded, to his head and firing it, Mitchell said.

Benally was flown to University Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead, Mitchell said.

An investigation is ongoing, but police do not believe alcohol or drugs were involved, Mitchell said.

EDIT: Spelling.

Edited by donkey

Alright, here's a new one...

So it looks like I'm moving to Hawaii, and not Oahu (Big Island). Have several firearms that I'd like to take with. From what I can see on this, an AK or AR are not specifically banned, nor are any of the features of the gun, just can't have mags with more than 10rd capacity...right?

Finding AK mags with less than 20 rd capacity blows goat balls, btw. Neigh fucking impossible.

Real restrictive laws on when you can have ammo in your gun - only in the home or at the range/actively hunting - so definitely no day to day carry, even for hiking or whatever. Good news is, while the laws are definitely gun-unfriendly, they're not as bad as, say, New Jersey...so you don't have to flee your residence before you can try deadly force...

Also looks like the local smokies have to pick over all my stuff w/in 72 hrs of arrival, to register my crap. Not a total tinfoil-hat guy, but I don't like registering individual firearms, just the user...wondering how legal is it for me to leave some of the higher-end stuff, like the AK, in storage stateside while I live in HI? When I visit on vacation can I buy ammo for them? Can I place online orders for stuff (like ammo or accessories), and legally have the stuff shipped to the storage location and not HI?

Really wish I could keep my existant residency, but it's a gov't job and I have to be a normal civvie - so, job's in Hawaii, guess what, Hawaiian resident and all their gay rules.

Yeah no shit. Usually I'd just sell and then buy what I could once I get there (I have to front all moving expenses myself, it's not reimbursed), but I don't think I'd be able to get what I've got now back again.

So I have a difficult dilemma... I was working with a good friend from UPT to have a LRB Arms received-based M14S built. We have had this thing on order since December. Unfortunately he was killed in a T-38 crash last week at Edwards. My question is what to do with this rifle we worked on together? It was going to be built to his specs for accuracy and he had been wanting to get this for a while. My initial reaction is to cancel the order. But the more I thought about it the more I want to continue the process. I don't have the cash to buy it myself since I just had a similar rifle built up. I have also thought about somehow selling it for a profit or raffling it off and donating the profit to his memorial fund (if he has one) or to some organization he would have liked. Any thoughts on this? I know this is highly unusual...

Thanks,

Big Freddie

M2, I was looking for .455 online and found some. It's pricey though... Linky

It's about $0.88/round and that's before shipping.

T-Bonez

Was at Cabela's in Buda today, looking to see if they just happened to have any .380 on the shelves despite not hearing squat from the about the order I put in months ago; and lo and behold I find a small but subsequent number of boxes of the Hornady .455 Webley, the same shown in your link and at the same price.

I picked up two boxes (the total maximum they will let you buy, of any handgun ammo) just in case. There is a gent from the British Gun Pub forum that lives out near Randolph that has a beautiful Mk VI that he promised to let me shoot one day. At nearly $1/round, I figured I should bring my own ammo; but if the Gods are smiling on me I might have a Webley in my collection within a week or two...

Cheers! M2

T-Bonez

Was at Cabela's in Buda today, looking to see if they just happened to have any .380 on the shelves despite not hearing squat from the about the order I put in months ago; and lo and behold I find a small but subsequent number of boxes of the Hornady .455 Webley, the same shown in your link and at the same price.

I picked up two boxes (the total maximum they will let you buy, of any handgun ammo) just in case. There is a gent from the British Gun Pub forum that lives out near Randolph that has a beautiful Mk VI that he promised to let me shoot one day. At nearly $1/round, I figured I should bring my own ammo; but if the Gods are smiling on me I might have a Webley in my collection within a week or two...

Cheers! M2

Awesome. Hope you get it soon, and let me know how it goes. I didn't buy the ammo yet, but I guess I should. I'll be saving the brass since I reload. So now I'm on the lookout for .455 dies.

OK, I paid more than I wanted to for one; but this little beauty is on its way to my gun safe!

Congrats, M2! Although the finish on mine is very good, yours looks even better. I hope you enjoy it and let me know how it shoots.

Edited by Timbonez

Thanks T-bonez! But I am sure I paid a helluva lot more for this one as I got a little fixated on it!

Here are the rest of the pics, I had to wait until someone else posted before I could post them...

pix1371023625.jpg

pix1371024406.jpg

pix1371023812.jpg

pix1371019765.jpg

pix1371019593.jpg

pix1371020078.jpg

pix1371019906.jpg

pix1371019390.jpg

pix1371019203.jpg

And the description:

You are looking at a Webley Mark VI, 455cal with a 6" barrel. The cylinder has NOT been shaved. The metal finish shows wear on high areas and sharp edges, with other minor scrapes present. The finish is thinning on the grip straps. The grips show some wear with scrapes and dings and some embedded dirt. The action is crisp and the lockup is tight. The bore is shiny with defined lands and grooves. Matching numbers no noted import markings. Serial # 3590xx.

Quick question -- I am PCSing in a month and have two rifles and a goodly stash of 223 Remington. Unfortunately I don't have room in my car for clothes, uniforms, guns, and ammo. I'm pretty sure TMO won't ship/handle ammo. Any suggestions on shipping/storing/moving the ammo? Can I bring ammo on base? Do I have to register it with security forces like a firearm? Worst case I might have a couple hundred rounds of 223 available in the Pensacola/Hurlburt area to give away...

CoAv

Read this, TMO will ship your firearms, you just need to complete some paperwork.

Unconfirmed, I've only handled unloaded versions at gun shows, but it weighs about the same as any revolver of that size.

And, believe or not, I am already looking for my next acquisition...

NAGANT.JPG

And yes, it is another Commie gun! A Nagant M1895 7.62x38R revolver.

Cheers! M2

CoAv

Read this, TMO will ship your firearms, you just need to complete some paperwork.

Unconfirmed, I've only handled unloaded versions at gun shows, but it weighs about the same as any revolver of that size.

NAGANT.JPG

Cheers! M2

Funny you should mention the Nagant, M2. I have one. It's a neat little gun, but very underpowered. The DA trigger pull is excessively heavy because the cylinder moves forward to create the gas seal. The SA pull is better but still heavy. I bought 150 rounds of the HotShot 7.62 Nagant ammo, but I've only put 50 rounds through the revolver. The handgun isn't very accurate, but still very fun to shoot. I'm pretty sure it is the only revolver that can successfully use a suppressor on it because of the gas seal feature. Here's a link of someone using it... Nagant. The Nagant revolvers are very cheap and can be had for between $75-125. I got mine off gunbroker, but I know they can be found here too... J&G Sales.

Cheers! M2

M2,

Do you have a FFL 03? Makes it easy to get C&R guns like the above. Just got mine and it's an easy process. If you don't have one, and/or are interested, it was only $30 for 3 years. Link below explains it pretty well.

http://www.surplusrifle.com/shooting2005/h...ffl03/index.asp

Let's you get the Nagant for $79 (plus $22 shipping) direct to your house.

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php/c/...d6859f38eb93d44

Edited by old crow

Crow

I am lucky as I work with a guy who has a FFL which makes it really easy to do transfers.

I have notice some Nagants have a US importers stamp on the left side...

2%20Rsn%20Nagant%207.62%20Revolver%20R-Gun%20Import.jpg

I am going to try and find one that doesn't have it.

T-bonez,

Geez, I feel like I am trying to replicate your collection! The big monthly gun show here in San Antonio is this weekend, if I don't find a Nagant revolver there I have a bud in Houston who will pick one up for me for $80. Of course, as previously stated, I am looking for one without the stamp. They seem to be easy to find and relatively cheap, and I think they are cool historically. And I need to get something a bit cheaper than what I paid for the Webley!

Cheers! M2

Ok, I'm pretty cheezed off right now. I ordered 500 rounds of .45 ACP through the Cabela's website on May 2nd. The website said expect delivery in 10-14 days. Ok so I figured I'd get my ammo by the 18 at the latest. Well I went TDY to Puerto Rico for a week and when I get back (it was the 20th) I notice I didn't get a call saying my ammo was in. So I drop by Cabela's to see what the status of my order was... maybe they forgot to call. The girl tells me "Sorry, looks like it's on backorder until the 27th. You should see it in another week." Ok no biggie... I can wait one more week I guess. Expecting to go pick up my order either today or tomorrow I open up my email this morning and have this from Cabela's:

Thank you for your recent order. We are very sorry to inform you that we are unable to immediately fill your entire order and the merchandise listed below has been placed on backorder. Tentative arrival 06/09/09.

WTF! Since when does it take over a month to fill one order of 500 rounds? It pisses me off even more that Cabelas is advertising they can get the ammo in a two week time frame when they obviously know they cannot.

Ok, I'm pretty cheezed off right now. I ordered 500 rounds of .45 ACP through the Cabela's website on May 2nd. The website said expect delivery in 10-14 days. Ok so I figured I'd get my ammo by the 18 at the latest. Well I went TDY to Puerto Rico for a week and when I get back (it was the 20th) I notice I didn't get a call saying my ammo was in. So I drop by Cabela's to see what the status of my order was... maybe they forgot to call. The girl tells me "Sorry, looks like it's on backorder until the 27th. You should see it in another week." Ok no biggie... I can wait one more week I guess. Expecting to go pick up my order either today or tomorrow I open up my email this morning and have this from Cabela's:

WTF! Since when does it take over a month to fill one order of 500 rounds? It pisses me off even more that Cabelas is advertising they can get the ammo in a two week time frame when they obviously know they cannot.

I ordered some reloading supplies for my Hornady press off Cabela's a few months ago, and it took them 1.5 months to fill my order. I got the same crap email you got. I even got another email after the one month mark saying that I needed to call them to retain the order or it would be dropped after 10 days, due to it being such a long backorder. The situation that shooting sports are in right now sucks, but it's a bubble and it will eventually pop.

Vertigo

I was up at the Cabela's in Buda, Texas last Saturday and they had .45ACP on the shelves. I have had an order for .380ACP with them for months now, which initially was suppose to be filled in less than a week. I finally gave up on ever expecting to see it.

Cheers! M2

Quick question -- I am PCSing in a month and have two rifles and a goodly stash of 223 Remington. Unfortunately I don't have room in my car for clothes, uniforms, guns, and ammo. I'm pretty sure TMO won't ship/handle ammo. Any suggestions on shipping/storing/moving the ammo? Can I bring ammo on base? Do I have to register it with security forces like a firearm? Worst case I might have a couple hundred rounds of 223 available in the Pensacola/Hurlburt area to give away...

I'll take the .223!

Well, I picked up a 1939 Nagant at the gun show this morning, it came with the usual holster, lanyard, cleaning rod and screwdriver (the latter having the factory stamp on it, which was pretty cool). I was also able to find 50 rounds of 7.62x38R for $35. Not too bad, it is a cool little revolver and I can't wait to take it and my new Webley out to shoot 'em!

I will get some pics up later, but I believe it was made at the Tula factory as it has the star with the arrow in it. I used my scope light to check out the barrel, and from what I can tell it is extremely clean. I might've saved a little money by ordering one from Aim Surplus; but the ability to check it out before buying made getting this one a little more desirable.

Cheers! M2