Gun Talk

VL-16

It was a good day today...

Went to the monthly gun show and stumbled across a SKS-M thumbhole stock for $50. I bought a SKS-M a while back but a previous owner fucked it up by trying to refinish it. Plus, someone tried to etch flames or some other kind of dumbass shit into the stock. Here's what it looked like...

SKS-MRestock2.jpg

SKS-MRestock5.jpg

SKS-MRestock3.jpg

SKS-MRestock4.jpg

But now she looks like this!

SKS-MRestock1.jpg

Yeah, the cheese grater gas tube cover and railed top cover aren't stock, but the latter is actually a Norinco product. Still, since it's not numbered I am going to replace it with a different one. I have a wooden cover for the gas tube, but I kinda like the look of the metal one so it'll stay for the time being.

By the way, I also have one of the SKS-Ms with the Monte Carlo stock. All SKS-Ms use AK-47 magazines, so they're legal and are in no way a 922r violation configured like that.

Oh, and I also picked up a Izhevsk Type II AKM bayonet to go along with the Tula one I already have. This one is not matching, but I'm OK with that.

Cheers! M2

• Upvote 1

Been wanting a Dan Wesson (CZ-USA) Guardian for a long while. They run $1300-1500 and I'm cheap (or too guilty to spend that on a gun when other needs press) so I had my Springfield Champion bobtailed and refinished.

I've already posted on how the gun shoots so I won't repeat, but this remodeled version works just the same and the grip difference is impercetible for me. But it looks a lot cooler to me now. Esmerelda grips, btw.

post-1654-0-44249200-1323905933_thumb.jp

Where do you guys buy parts for AK's? My trigger keeps not resetting after firing and I have to push the trigger forward in order to make it ready to shoot again. I'm sure a gunsmith could fix it, but replacing the trigger group sounds cheaper and easier.

Where do you guys buy parts for AK's? My trigger keeps not resetting after firing and I have to push the trigger forward in order to make it ready to shoot again. I'm sure a gunsmith could fix it, but replacing the trigger group sounds cheaper and easier.

What kind of AK is it? Who imported it?

edit for spelling

Edited by HeloDude

Since I know some of you out there are wondering what to get me for Christmas, this will work...

AK Ice Cube Tray

e7b4_ak_ice_cube_tray.jpg

Nothing more chilling than a bullet

The AK-47 is an extremely reliable weapon. Also known as a Kalashnikov, it has been in service for over 60 years and produced in over 25 countries. It remains highly prized by those who desire a weapon that will shoot every time. Its name is feared throughout the world, and its signature bark chills the blood.

And a chill is not necessarily a bad thing. On a hot day, a chill is just what you want on your drink, for example. When the sun beats down, sometimes what you want is a little liquid refreshment with a little ice. Sure, ice cubes may be what you reach for first, but what if you wanted to make your drink a bit more "killer?"

This new ice cube tray has two halves. When filled and frozen, it looks just like the magazine of the venerable AK-47. Upon opening, out spills 10 beautiful ice bullets, crystalline, deadly, and delicious. Drop them into your beverage, and serve up a killer cocktail guaranteed to turn heads.

So next time you need some ice-cold refreshment, turn not to pedestrian cubes. Choose instead an icy bullet!

e7b4_ak_ice_cube_tray_hand_embed.jpge7b4_ak_ice_cube_tray_drink_embed.jpg

Good shit!

Cheers! M2

AK versus AR, Dr Seuss style!

I would not use it in a war,

I would not buy it in a store,

I do not like the black AR,

It is not from USSR.

I do not like them, Sam-I-Am

I much prefer the Abakan.

Would you like it from the States?

Or would you like a snowy place?

Would you like to shoot it fast?

Or would you like it from the past?

I'm sure you'll like a new AR,

And not something from the Czar.

I would not use it in the mud,

I would not use it to spill blood,

I do not like Gene Stoner's gun

I don't find maintenance to be fun.

The only rifles that I love

Come from Mikhail Kalashnikov.

Would you use it in a pinch?

Will you not budge a single inch?

Will you set aside this dross,

and accept Eugene as boss?

I'm sure if you weren't quite so crass,

you'd love to cook with DI gas.

I would not use it as a bat

I would not use it to shoot rats

I do not like your M16,

That will not shoot if not kept clean.

Plastic and alloy's not as good

As rifle made of steel and wood.

Would you use it as a pike?

Mount on it a steel spike?

Would you choose the lighter weight,

one less thing on march to hate?

If you choose the lighter kick,

you could kill most any prick.

I would not take it on parade

I would not take it on a raid

I do not like your Armalite

I do not trust it in a fight.

Your western rifle has no charms

It can't match mother Russia's arms.

Don't you like it's svelte profile?

Don't you find the stock worthwhile?

Can't you see the safety's best?

Won't you even give a test?

Your Kalashnikov's a peasant's joke,

good for nothing but wood smoke.

I would not use it to scoop crap

I would not melt it down for scrap

I do not like your twenty-two

That fragments when it should go through.

The Russian peasants all enjoy

The joke that is your plastic toy.

Would you try it if free-floated?

Surely then there's nothing bloated.

Would you lay down in the grass,

feel the trigger break like glass?

With AK, before you quit,

Broad side of barn you will not hit.

A note to the producers of both "Sons of Guns" and "American Guns:"

Just have the shops build reasonably realistic guns. Avoid motorcycle handlebar machine guns and skip the office romance stuff. I simply don't care.

The upgraded Uzi, the knuckleduster pistol, and I'm a viewer.

Although I like the eye-candy of the MILF in American Guns, I can find T&A on other pay-for-view channels.

Just build/rebuild/restore guns. Not gigantor flame cannons, not diamond-crusted 1911s.

C'mon...

A note to the producers of both "Sons of Guns" and "American Guns:"

Just have the shops build reasonably realistic guns. Avoid motorcycle handlebar machine guns and skip the office romance stuff. I simply don't care.

The upgraded Uzi, the knuckleduster pistol, and I'm a viewer.

Although I like the eye-candy of the MILF in American Guns, I can find T&A on other pay-for-view channels.

Just build/rebuild/restore guns. Not gigantor flame cannons, not diamond-crusted 1911s.

C'mon...

Two...

http://www.shootingt...petition-rifle/

I was wondering if anyone has shot in a 3 gun competition before. I want to start shooting in them and was wondering what shotgun they used. I just bought this Stag 3G and it is a beautiful gun. Me Likie!

I have shot in a few. It really doesn't matter what you use as long as you are comfortable and proficient with it. I remember using a stock AR and beating a bunch of old guys with really tricked out ARs because I could move faster and had better eyesight. I honestly would just go for it and see how it turns out - most 3 gun clubs and matches are filled with friendly people who will help you out as much as they can. Just practice safe gun handling skills and you'll be welcome at 99% of the matches out there!

This was my project over the last 8 months or so...

Original MAK-90 my dad gave me when I was 16 or 17. Nasty thumbhole stock, unthreaded barrel, no way to mount the all critical bayonet...

After months of searching I found a folding spike bayonet front sight block. Then I needed American wood to get my 922r count up to par - but no one had a set with the Chinese style drop to the stock nor a place for the bayonet to rest on the lower handguard. Ironwood Designs released their Chinese T56 stock set a few months ago and then later added the bayonet cut. A little work with a file and 3 coats of Bullseye Amber shellac and there you have it...

P1050044.jpg

Edited by BigFreddie

The UPS truck brought me some Bravo Company goodness tonight - a 14.5" midlength BFH upper with pinned A2X flash hider. Pics soon...

Building a nice AR-15 on a tight budget is painful... but it was worth the wait. Still need to get a rear sight, but at least it now looks like a rifle and not just a bunch of parts boxes in my gun locker.

Aero Precision lower

G&R Tactical LPK

BCM .mil buffer tube, .mil recoil spring, H buffer, Gunfighter Mod4 CH, BCG, and upper

Magpul MOE midlength handguards, MOE stock, MOE-K grip, Enhanced triggerguard

post-1564-0-13056900-1325058813_thumb.jp

Agreed, that's a nice lookin' AR and I'm not even an AR guy!

I do have a question, I would guess you are going to put a rear sight on it as otherwise I would be curious as to why there is a front sight? Since you have the rail I suspect that's the case, but as I said my 'expertise' runs more along the lines of Soviet bloc firearms...

Jarhead, that's very nice. You obviously did your research and bought quality parts. Good luck with your rifle.

I decided to follow the "buy once, cry once" method. The CFO wasn't exactly pleased, though...

Agreed, that's a nice lookin' AR and I'm not even an AR guy!

Holy crap, kind words about an AR from M2. Did the Earth's orbit just shift a bit?? :beer:

I do have a question, I would guess you are going to put a rear sight on it as otherwise I would be curious as to why there is a front sight? Since you have the rail I suspect that's the case, but as I said my 'expertise' runs more along the lines of Soviet bloc firearms...

Definitely getting a rear iron sight, just have to decide which one.

I went with the flat-top upper because I do plan on an optic; unfortunately that's out of the budget picture right now ("buy once, cry once" is at work here as well). I'd rather get the iron sight and start shooting sooner, while saving my pennies for an optic, than let it sit in my locker even longer while I save dimes & quarters for an optic.

If you're still looking for a rear sight, I recommend the Daniel Defense A1.5. It is a solid design. It isn't a flip sight, so if you're going to run an optic you will have to decide if you want it there. It shouldn't interfere with the dot, but some people don't like it messing with part of their FOV. Another good option is Troy's flip-up sight.

If you're still looking for a rear sight, I recommend the Daniel Defense A1.5. It is a solid design. It isn't a flip sight, so if you're going to run an optic you will have to decide if you want it there. It shouldn't interfere with the dot, but some people don't like it messing with part of their FOV. Another good option is Troy's flip-up sight.

I like my Troy sights.

Recommend Aimpoint Micro for the optic.

I like my Troy sights.

Recommend Aimpoint Micro for the optic.

+1 on the Aimpoint Micro. I have the CompM4s, and while it's a great RDS it's also heavy and clunky. The micro offers almost all the same features in a much more compact and light package.

So I know a lot of you guys aren't a fan of the Slide Fire Solutions stock (SSAR), but it's neat to see that they finally came out with one for the AK. M2, are you going to buy one? I'm planning on eventually getting one for the AR since guys have gotten it to work with the MP-15-22. And you never know, I might just buy another AK (a cheap one) and get the SSAK. And yes, it serves no purpose other than to be silly and have some fun shooting.

Here's another one worth watching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&v=K6PNxiLRvHI&NR=1