The Fastest Pilot on Baseops

Guest MitchBaernet

Guest Xtndr50boom

DEFINITELY needs a fender eliminator M2. That and a new exhaust. Arata or Akrapovic full work wonders on the CBR 600RR (I've got an 03). Especially with the repsol; clean that baby up!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was my ride home, 300+ miles on the first day I owned the bike. I have already replaced the screen with a tinted Puig, and I have a rear seat cowl on its way. The pipes and eliminator will wait until I can also afford a PCIII, gotta be able to remap the EFI when you swap out the exhausts.

Cheers! M2

Guest Xtndr50boom

300+ miles? Not too bad. I bought my bike in vegas, so 200 miles or so to victorville to crash at my old man's house, then 400 back to travis the next day. My back was killing me from the backpack, but 152 on 58W on the straightaway near mojave made it all worth it.

You'll notice a BIG difference in power, response, and even sound with the PC3 after you get a new exhaust. My advice with the pipe: Don't buy a slip-on. Save a little more money to get the full. My bike's got a akrapovic full, PC3, K&N air filter, Ohlins stabilizor (I'll NEVER go without one again, huge difference with it) tinted double bubble, flush-mount front turn signals, fender eliminator, and integrated brake light/rear turn signals. I'm still waiting to get the rear seat cowl though. After that and dropping the forks about 2 inches I'll be done for awhile.

For stablity I wouldnt drop your forks that far. Normally when I am racing the top of my forks are about 20mm from the top of the triple tree. If you are looking for looks cool then go for it, but if you are riding fast, You want to get those forks revalved, and not Race Tech... You really should looking into getting them done by either Thermosman or GMD. They both are awesome, and improve handling 100%. Also I would say that you should get a new rear shock. Olins, Penske, or Fox would be the best, you can pick them up used on Ebay and all you have to do is change the oil or buy them from a race shop new. They are easy to install and they too improve handling by MILES!!!

For honda stuff you can get it from

Ed's Honda

ask for Darrin Talbot if you call, he is the parts manager and really good.

For Suzuki stuff go to

Ron Ayers

Anyways, enough from me, Major I hope some day we can ride together, you to Boom since it seems like you are at McGuire and someday hopefully I will be too. Until then ride safe

Edit: Oh yeah on tbe ground I have done 167 down the front straight at Grattan on a GSXR 600... In a plane, my Diamond did 120 once!!! HAHA and my P210 did 220 GS coming back FL

[ 13. September 2005, 23:03: Message edited by: GSXR6Racer ]

Rocker-

50 feet, huh?

Regardless, I shave with a MACH 3 everyday!

Eat you heart out at will...You can't shave faster than me!

BENDY <-----ON VACATION

Guest hockeymv

IIRC, I saw 350 ground returning from my XC in C-12's. That's not breaking any records, but flying over the Rockies as the sunset after a weekend of skiing at Squaw Valley while my instructor took a nap, I thought it was pretty cool.

Skiing for XC is still cool, looking back on it

Originally posted by NSFW:

How much more of a "kick" will the -229s give the jet?

The difference is noticeable, but not the 'kick in the pants' you might expect. There was actually a pretty good discussion of the 220/229 difference in the past couple days at the Strike Eagle forum with input from myself and maintainers.

Are the -229 jets at AK, MO, and LN?

220s at SJ?

229s are at MO and LN, 220s at AK and SJ.

Originally posted by Hacker:

(with a B61 hanging on LC2)

If I see the pic you had another one on RC2 aswell...

[ 14. September 2005, 09:31: Message edited by: chief ]

Originally posted by MajorMadMax:

I have already replaced the screen with a tinted Puig, and I have a rear seat cowl on its way. The pipes and eliminator will wait until I can also afford a PCIII, gotta be able to remap the EFI when you swap out the exhausts.

Cheers! M2

Now all you need to do is scrape up those knee sliders!

I saw 170 indicated (probably around 160 actual with speedo error) on a ZX-9R back in '97 on (I THINK) PR 4 in the hill country on one of those several mile straight-aways. Looking back, fairly unintelligent on a public road. It doesn't seem crazy when the machine is built for it, but to some who've never ridden, it seems ridiculous.

And Bender, yeah 50 feet cutting over the ridges, and pretty much 2-300 or so down into the valleys. I know the little T-44's don't have the legs to make it all the way up to the hill country low-level...and instead of the BIGMAC they just do the BIC and call it good. So I heard.

Originally posted by Lightninbo:

I had the t45 sim up to 1.0. With a 500kt tail wind my groundspeed was around 1200 kts.

But did you ever get the old dudes up front to really push the T-43 up to .79?

Speaking of the T45... Reminds when the operator decided I should do the approach for my checkride at .72M. The arc was more like a very short point to point.

1.7 at 46K and change on the initial push at Red Flag in a 2 bag C model with 220's. (just before the TO change to limit us in training to 1.5/660 indicated)

174mph on my old 7R racebike from college in the speed trap on the back straight at Daytona (just before the chicane)

Originally posted by HerkDriver24:

When will this thread die?

When you stop responding to it and bringing it to the top of the threads.

Looks like so far EvilEagle and JimNTexas are tied in first place with 1.7M. KickChick is bringing up the rear (sts) with a whopping 2mph.