SOS/ACSC information

Guest rumblefish_2

Wow, the list is brutal for candidates. Look like select at the majors board is the only realistic chance of getting school. Will be interesting to see if MAJCOMs push back if this continues.

Anyone mind sending list to a .mil account? I don't have a base within 11 hours of where I live, and waiting til Tuesday sucks. PM me, and I'll give you my .mil.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Anyone mind sending list to a .mil account? I don't have a base within 11 hours of where I live, and waiting til Tuesday sucks. PM me, and I'll give you my .mil.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Same here I can give you my af.mil address...need it to get back on my deployment schedule!

Cooter

Anyone done a foreign language IDE? I'm on the hook for a 14 month stint at DLI, followed by ROKAF ACSC. I hear Monterey is nice...

Yeah, I did French at DLI. You'll enjoy Monterey. Lot's to do. However, Korean is super difficult. I was there talking with this girl who spoke fluent Mandarin (born and raised in China) who was there learning Korean. Said it was the hardest thing she'd ever done. Plan for lots of study time...

Anyone done a foreign language IDE? I'm on the hook for a 14 month stint at DLI, followed by ROKAF ACSC. I hear Monterey is nice...

Yeah, I did French at DLI. You'll enjoy Monterey. Lot's to do. However, Korean is super difficult. I was there talking with this girl who spoke fluent Mandarin (born and raised in China) who was there learning Korean. Said it was the hardest thing she'd ever done. Plan for lots of study time...

Can't speak for IDEs but second that on DLI. I did Japanese there. Any of the Cat IV languages will beat you silly, but the Korean department has a special reputation... It takes a lot of self-motivation, but luckily Korean has a lot of practical use so you're gaining a life skill which is very cool. You'll be envied by many of the students learning less useful languages.

Here's a video made by the Korean students that will give you an idea (made during the Psy Gangnam style craze last year):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyvqQU0o4Hk

And Monterey (and that whole area - PG, Carmel, Pebble Beach, Santa Cruz, Capitola...) is absolutely beautiful with tons to see and do. Study hard during the week, enjoy the area on the weekends. I had a great tour there even with the intense study schedule.

PM if you want more info - I just left there a couple months ago so my info is fairly current.

zb

edited because I remembered the video those kids made while I was there

Edited by zach braff
  • Upvote 1

It takes a lot of self-motivation, but luckily Korean has a lot of practical use so you're gaining a life skill which is very cool. You'll be envied by many of the students learning less useful languages.

Korean? Useful?

I dunno if you're serious...but thanks for the info. I might hit you w/a PM as I approach my DEROS.