-
The Next President is...
My mother immigrated from Germany after marrying my father, and she deliberately didn't teach us (her kids) German because she felt we were Americans and needed to speak English. I did learn the language after growing up and being stationed there, but it would have helped to have done so at a much earlier age. Still, I appreciate the fact that during her time (the 1950s), may immigrants felt the importance of integrating into American society. Much like the military, you join it, it doesn't join you! By the way, I was also born in Germany and still had to meet with an immigration judge when I first came to this country in 1966. I was only three at the time, but my mother said I had to speak with him and court officials without her present. I have no memory of this (I was 3), but it shows what a different time it was then!
-
College Football
-
College Football
It's great... ๐๐๐๐
-
Viper Down South of KTVC
-
Gun Talk
Picked the can up yesterday, GOA membership wasn't necessary as I bought it from the Silencer Shop. A quick 4473 and I was out the door. Painless! Won't be able to shoot it for a few weeks due to previous obligations. Most likely not until a month or so...
-
College Football
It wasn't. Spartan fans claim there is another clock which had 0:00.00.00.00.01 seconds on it or something insane like that; but we all know it's the booking services that couldn't let Western Michigan win. I can't stand Michigan fans and all their "Hail to the Victors!" bullshit. Fucking annoying! I hope they get their clocks cleaned during the season! It will be one of the rare times I root for Oklahoma or Ohio State, but I think most of the nation hates Michigan now because of this idiocy!
-
Gun Talk
And, my LGS just announced they are selling suppressors to GOA members with only a 4473, no Form 4!! I am going to pull the pulled the trigger on a YHM Turbo K-RB and maybe one for my .22s next week sometime next month (remember I also bought a 92FS last week!). Gotta strike while the iron is hot!! Turbo K NOW with REDUCED BLOWBACK! - YHM.mp4
-
Gun Talk
As mentioned, I have a nice leather shoulder holster I picked up nearly 30 years ago from Brass Alley in Sarajevo...
-
Gun Talk
Well, after years of wanting one, I finally found an Italian-made Beretta 92FS at a decent price! Full disclosure, I was never really a fan of this pistol when I had to carry it on active duty. I always found the grip to be too large, and preferred the Glock (and later XD) or a 1911 over it. It wasn't until I got a Walther P1 a year or so ago, and a bud of mine was showing me the 92FS he was carrying a few weeks ago, that I got the bug to grab one. I wanted an Italian one over a US made version, and a FS over a F. A coworker mentioned having one, and I told them to let me know if they felt like selling it. They offered it at a good price ($500) and as it looks like it had a very low round count, there was no way I could pass on it. I am searching for a third mag (again, prefer an Italian-made one) as my shoulder holster from Sarajevo holds two extra mags. I may have a lead on one; but if anyone has an extra they're willing to part with let me know. I also have to admit handling it does bring back some fond memories. The manual of arms is still intuitive despite it being over two decades since I shot one. Some things you just don't forget!
- The Iran thread
-
The Next President is...
A US airman who was arrested twice, once on the steps of the US Capitol while calling for the impeachment of President Donald Trump, was officially criminally charged Monday for his comments, according to a charging document his attorney shared with CNN. Maj. Jason Watson faces the following charges under the Uniform Code of Military Justice, according to the document: three violations of Article 88 for alleged "contemptuous" remarks about Trump, five violations of Article 92 for allegedly disobeying orders and two violations of Article 133 for alleged conduct unbecoming an officer. An Air Force spokesperson confirmed the charges on Tuesday... https://www.yahoo.com/news/politics/articles/trump-criticism-leads-rare-criminal-001719021.html
-
Gun Talk
Concur all. I have shot a YHM Turbo-K RB at Quiet in the Capitol, an annual free suppressed-only shooting event hosted by Capitol Armory in the Austin area to "test-fire firearms equipped with suppressors from many major manufacturers, speak with industry representatives, and compare products before purchasing" a couple of years back, and thought it was perfect for my needs. Suppressors being part of the NFA is ridiculous, I don't think even SBRs/SBSs belong on that list. In fact, none of it does; but suppressors have nothing to with organized crime (the original alleged purpose of the Act) nor did it increase accountability and traceability for "particularly powerful or concealable weapons." The GCA of 1968, in response to the assassinations of President John F. Kennedy, Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. and Senator Robert F. Kennedy, is equally idiotic. There is NO definitive proof that either Act reduced gun crime. The biggest drivers of the decline in gun-related crime appear to be improved policing, the end of the crack era that fueled much of the violence in the 1980s and early 1990s, demographic shifts and other social changes such as the increased incarceration of repeat violent offenders rather than any single gun-control law. But back to the point, once the ATF pulls its cranium out of its fourth point-of-contact, I will be likely be running to my favorite LGS to pick up two supressors as quickly as I can. I've put it off for far too long, and the removal of a Form 4 will be the catalyst of my next spending spree!
-
Gun Talk
"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition!" ~~ Rudyard Kipling
-
Gun Talk
I went by my local gun shop on Monday and as they still haven't received guidance from the ATF on the ruling, they are still requiring a Form 4 for suppressors. The owner, a bud, recommended waiting a week or so until said guidance is received. Many FFLs are doing the same. However, another bud randomly walked in while I was there and bought his first suppressor. He was in an out in about an hour, they took care of all the application requirements and it was approved while he waited. This caused two dilemmas for me, am I OK with the ATF having a record of my NFA item via the Form 4, or do I wait until all that is needed is a 4473 which stays with my local gun store unless they close shop. The second is do I buy my first suppressor (yes, I am lagging on this due to the NFA registration) for a .22 (which I am more likely to use) or my 5.56 hopefully-soon legal SBR (if Form 1s follow suite on the same ruling)? I have debated getting a suppressor for years, mainly due to the NFA documentation. I had a bad experience when the ATF allowed pistol braces to be registered without the $200 tax stamp (before the Big Beautiful Bill nullified that). They screwed up my paperwork and I just forgot about that until I got a rejection notice in the mail two years later. I was not going to refile at that point as the brace worked for my needs and I didnโt want to go through that headache again even though I knew it would be easier the second time around. At this point, Iโm just going to wait. I know there will be a mad run on suppressors once the ATF puts out its guidance, but Iโm in no rush. Much like my SBR, itโs a nicety but not anything I absolutely must have; and I can be patient...
-
The WOKE Thread (Merged from WTF?)