Track Selects and Assignment Nights

Guest oliwoody

Nine -38s in END track select today, 3 of which will PCS to Sheppard.

What's the reasoning behind the move for these dudes?

What has he done that is so incredible?

Just an overall great individual. The exact opposite on a volunteer King. He would do anything in his realm of influence to help you. Personal, professional it wouldn't matter. He cares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, tx_flyer said:

Nine -38s in END track select today, 3 of which will PCS to Sheppard.

9 to END and an additional 3 to SPS

2 hours ago, faipmafiaofficial said:

Laughlin, Columbus, and Vance can't handle that many 38 people in a single class.  Yes that will be happening for the foreseeable future every class...

Not true. One flight in particular has had that particular student load (sts) or very close to it 4 classes in a row now.

Sending 9 guys to a class or two is doable, but when all the other class sizes have been increased to 6-7 studs then it becomes mathematically impossible to keep them on timeline.

• Upvote 1

We've also been told that though some of the -38 guys will still get heavies (obviously all won't go fighter), but they're giving more out so that they can come back as IPs to support the long term replenishing of the fighter pilot deficit. 

@Boomer6 Even better, thx for the correction

Edited by tx_flyer
misinfo

Some of the worst T-38 IPs I saw were 38 grads to heavies back to 38 instructor, that would be unfortunate.  They have no pointy nose tactical credibility.  And as I write this, I realize they may not have to, if 38 grads are still going heavies.  I just know how I looked at them as a student, fair or not, I gravitated to the IPs that did what I wanted to do.

2 hours ago, matmacwc said:

Some of the worst T-38 IPs I saw were 38 grads to heavies back to 38 instructor, that would be unfortunate.  They have no pointy nose tactical credibility.  And as I write this, I realize they may not have to, if 38 grads are still going heavies.  I just know how I looked at them as a student, fair or not, I gravitated to the IPs that did what I wanted to do.

All the MC-12 guys from 38s had to go somewhere. Lots of MC-12/heavy guys teaching -38 studs these days.

7 hours ago, Boomer6 said:

Sending 9 guys to a class or two is doable, but when all the other class sizes have been increased to 6-7 studs then it becomes mathematically impossible to keep them on timeline.

We're running into this on the T-6 side as well.  Just for everyone to stay on timeline we must average about 100 effective sorties a day out of about 130 ish flown.  So once you start taking into account CT, MX, and students hooking/ineffective rides it gets tough pretty fast.  Another big issue are the sims.  We get on average about 60-64 sims each day for all the T-6's.  When you have each flight needing to average 5 per day just to graduate on time it's tough to get ahead for things like XC.

3 hours ago, YoungnDumb said:

We're running into this on the T-6 side as well.  Just for everyone to stay on timeline we must average about 100 effective sorties a day out of about 130 ish flown.  So once you start taking into account CT, MX, and students hooking/ineffective rides it gets tough pretty fast.  Another big issue are the sims.  We get on average about 60-64 sims each day for all the T-6's.  When you have each flight needing to average 5 per day just to graduate on time it's tough to get ahead for things like XC.

Same thing in 38s, SIMs are keeping studs behind as well. 

A real MWS?

Actually capitalizing on a stable of T-38 trained bodies by allowing them IFF slots would open up all manner of worm cans, not the least of which would lead to minor slowing of the 11F tsunami.

Take your common sense elsewhere.

• Upvote 3

Or we could have not just essentially shut the whole 11F pipeline down for 3+ years in the first place. This is now just fvcking hilarious now.

Ya, and what are they going to do with late Captains that only have MC-12 and T-38 IP time when they get done with the UPT gig?

Not a rhetorical question. Can they (if they even want to by then) go to IFF or should they expect ISR/Heavy/RPAs?

• Upvote 1