Bumping up commissioning

Due to a paperwork issue, my commissioning has been pushed back to 1 OCT, even though I graduate this May. Does anyone know if there is a waiver that can be put in to move my commissioning up?

If you're an ROTC guy (I assume you are), then you are SOL. The only thing that could possibly move up your EAD would be if you got orders to go to IFS earlier. In this budget environment, there is no reason for the AF to bring you on active duty right away so that you can sit at your UPT base for 6-12 months until your class starts.

Due to a paperwork issue, my commissioning has been pushed back to 1 OCT, even though I graduate this May. Does anyone know if there is a waiver that can be put in to move my commissioning up?

Same thing happened to me 23 years ago...I was "inadvertently" left off the approved commissionee list, and the Air Staff wasn't accepting waivers.

I ended up taking summer classes, enrolled for the fall, and got an add'l bachelors degree. Then commissioned in Oct, then waited a year to EAD.

Make the most of the time: get a job, continue school, chase tail, drink beer, go get your PPL, surf, climb a mountain, write a book, go on a very long vacation hiking thru Central America...

Or not. Your call.

Are you talking about pinning your bars or EADing? Because commissioning past the fiscal year could cause you problems if you are a pilot select. Plus I'm not really sure why pinning your bars would be pushed back for any reason, most guys I know commissioned as soon as they finished classes if they finished in the summer.