CSO drop nights

The legacy syllabus and the new syllabus are currently overlapping; I think the first class on the new syllabus drops in August. 

I'm honestly 100% about how drops and graduation will work with the new syllabus. EWOs track in the middle of T-6s, and the other three tracks split off before T-1s. However, each of the four tracks drop at about the same time, so I think drop nights will stay the same. Not sure about graduation, as WSOs have top off for a while after drop night, while Navs, SOs, and EWOs will all graduate shortly after. F-15Es have several more T-1 and T-6 flights after drop night, and Bone/Buff WSOs have a few more T-1 flights and some academics before graduation. My guess is they'll graduate the whole class at once, then have the WSOs top off with their wings already pinned on. 

3 hours ago, fect said:

The legacy syllabus and the new syllabus are currently overlapping; I think the first class on the new syllabus drops in August. 

I'm honestly 100% about how drops and graduation will work with the new syllabus. EWOs track in the middle of T-6s, and the other three tracks split off before T-1s. However, each of the four tracks drop at about the same time, so I think drop nights will stay the same. Not sure about graduation, as WSOs have top off for a while after drop night, while Navs, SOs, and EWOs will all graduate shortly after. F-15Es have several more T-1 and T-6 flights after drop night, and Bone/Buff WSOs have a few more T-1 flights and some academics before graduation. My guess is they'll graduate the whole class at once, then have the WSOs top off with their wings already pinned on. 

Interesting, well thanks for the info!

19 hours ago, fect said:

19-12

• 4 x F-15E
  • 4 x B-52 WSO
  • MC-130H EWO
  • 2 x AC-130W 
  • 4 x U-28
  • AC-130J WSO
  • HC-130J
  • C-130H WV ANG
  • EC-130H Nav
  • RC-135 EWO
  • AWACS

If you're U28 Bros have any questions feel free to hit me up on here

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 5/31/2019 at 1:31 PM, fect said:

I'm a ROTC Det CC (CSO career field) with a senior (AS400) who is a CSO select so looking to push him info on the current details of CSO training experience at P'cola (other than hit Seville Quarter and the beach at the optimal times).  If anyone has the current skinny on this, please post.    Note that I went through P'cola in 1996 so the sharing of my experience is quite dated (yet, still love telling stories of my T-34 sorties with Marine Corps Pilots and my escape from the helo dunker).   

On 1/25/2020 at 8:49 PM, WeatherLion said:

Are there certain platforms that will no longer have CSO's moving forward into 2020-2021?

I think the only one that's definite is that the EC-130H is losing their Navs at some point in the near future as they get replaced with the EC-37, but I'm not sure of the timeline there.

There's also talk of AWACS cockpits getting upgraded to lose their navs as well, and talk of Buffs upgrading and losing one CSO and going the way of the Bone by dual qualing their CSOs to act as WSOs or EWOs, but all that is purely hypothetical for now. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 6/3/2020 at 9:10 AM, sizzo19 said:

In the new syllabus, when will we know which airframes we’re competing for?

Is it before tracking or after?

No one will know what specific aircraft will be given to your class until AFPC sends the list shortly after your class is syllabus complete. You might see some trends in the classes before yours, but there's no real way to accurately predict it. 

The same goes for track select as well as aircraft assignments.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...