Jump to content


Supreme User
  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


Jaded last won the day on February 17

Jaded had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

421 Excellent

About Jaded

  • Rank
    Gray Beard

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Interests

Recent Profile Visitors

7,925 profile views
  1. Pilot Shortage Deepens, USAF is SCREWED.

    I already thought that the ARC was about >< close to a mass exodus after these last contracts got signed. People are already losing money for every day they work in the reserves. Involuntary mobilization would shove that rock right off the cliff.
  2. Pilot Shortage Deepens, USAF is SCREWED.

    Yes yes yes, but flying ability aside, does their mere existence help turn manning PowerPoint slides green? Or maybe yellow at least? We need to focus on what's important here.
  3. Pilot Shortage Deepens, USAF is SCREWED.

    And I quote, "Turboprop pilots... if the Air Force could send T-6 students direct to turboprop aircraft, which platforms would be willing to accept? And what would need to be taught"
  4. Pilot Shortage Deepens, USAF is SCREWED.

    This guy was also asking how people would feel if students went directly from the T-6 to C-130 units. You know, since they both have propellers.
  5. Pilot Shortage Deepens, USAF is SCREWED.

    One of the crisis managers on Facebook posted that they just revised their projections this week - AFPC has determined that they need to up production from 1400 pilots to 2000 pilots per year. They produced 1200 last year.
  6. I like how the solution is not, "eliminate the queep." It's "spend an extra $300,000 a year per squadron to do the queep."
  7. Pilot Shortage Deepens, USAF is SCREWED.

    True, but includes both downrange sorties and RPA flying. Not joking.
  8. Pilot Shortage Deepens, USAF is SCREWED.

    Welcome to Baseops, random guy who just happens to use his second post to defend AETC.
  9. Pilot Shortage Deepens, USAF is SCREWED.

    Some people suck. They can't make it in the outside world and they know it. Some people are scared of change. The USAF is a guaranteed paycheck. It's hard to give up pay, medical care, and retirement if you have a family. Some people want to be senior leaders.
  10. The Next President is...

    A Narcissist's Prayer That didn't happen. And if it did, it wasn't that bad. And if it was, that's not a big deal. And if it is, that's not my fault. And if it was, I didn't mean it. And if I did... You deserved it.
  11. The Next President is...

    Trump couldn't have chosen a worse target for his racist comments than Nigeria. Houston Chronicle: "Data show Nigerians the most educated in the U.S. BACHELOR'S AND BEYOND In America, Nigerians' education pursuit is above rest Whether driven by immigration or family, data show more earn degrees" http://www.chron.com/news/article/Data-show-Nigerians-the-most-educated-in-the-U-S-1600808.php He's racist. Stop rationalizing. If you're OK with comments like this (it's not the first time he's made racist comments), you're racist too.
  12. Blended Retirement System Puzzle

    What percentage of 10 year captains do you think do not end up getting a reserve retirement of some sort? How many aren't sure? You can be as condescending as you wish, but the choice is not between $23,000 and $0. A non-flyer with a 4 year commitment gets $8000 of matching. If they are sure they don't want to make the military a career, maybe their choice is between $8000 and $0. A 10 years captain is choosing between $23,000 and 10% of what is most likely an O-5 retirement check.
  13. Blended Retirement System Puzzle

    The 5% match is a joke. If you were an 0-1 for 2 years, an O-2 for 2 years, and an O-3 for 6 years, your total compensation would be $459,000. If you max out the 5% match, the TOTAL DOD contributions OVER TEN YEARS is $23,000. $1900 a year. That's what you're getting for giving up 10% of your pension.
  14. DFAS has a budget of $1.4 billion. Billion with a B. It's really a staggering level of incompetence.
  15. The new airline thread

    Generally, if you get your schedule and don't like it, you can drop the trips you don't want if you do it early. If you wait until the week before, not as easy. You may not be able to pick up trips on other days to make that money back though.